Profile for Galileo > Reviews

Content by Galileo

Galileo

Page: 1 | 2
Dr Mercola Natural Dental Floss (with Essential Oils, 91 Meters)
Dr Mercola Natural Dental Floss (with Essential Oils, 91 Meters)
Offered by healthmonthly-uk
Price: 7.25

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value for litte money, 16 May 2014
People call me nuts because I have ordered this product online from abroad. As if we didn't have any dental floss over here. BUT:
I had bought it in Florida last November, and it lasted until now, May! That's fantastic! Ours don't come in 91 meters but only 20 and are much more expensive. Furthermore, I was surprised at how easygoing this floss is. It's much better to handle than the ones we have, and it tastes really good. And it will last me another 6 months. I will definitely order it again.

50ml Bottle of PURE Australian EMU Oil
50ml Bottle of PURE Australian EMU Oil
Offered by Aura Essential Oils
Price: 11.00

5.0 out of 5 stars So far it's terrific, 30 April 2014
I have only just begun using it. So far, I applied it on irritated patches on my head and the skin immediately calmed down. I will see whether it's also good for hair growth. But so far, I'm totally happy. - I'll get back later with more feedback.

Shell [DVD]
Shell [DVD]
Dvd ~ Joseph Mawle
Price: 14.53

5.0 out of 5 stars Gloomy, 23 Mar 2014
This review is from: Shell [DVD] (DVD)
It's a very disturbing story of the life of Shell. It shakes one awake that we carry the responsibility of our children's lives and bring them on course so they can explore life at all. It's hard to say that her father's death was her ticket out of her misery but it's true. This film makes you wonder what she's doing now.

Visconti Gents Mens Torino Collection Veg Tan Luxury Leather Wallet - TR35 (Brown/Tan)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 15 Oct 2013
This wallet is of a high leather quality and comes in an excellently protected box. The stitches are very accurate and the leather smooth and beautiful. There is a lot of space for credit cards, ID and other cards as well as photos. My husband needs a wallet which can be closed with a snap lock since he's always loosing things from his wallet. This wallet has even another lock on the inside! I can highly recommend it to people wanting to have it all together: coins, notes, cards, pictures etc. And it's very elegant.

A Thief in the Night: Death of Pope John Paul I
A Thief in the Night: Death of Pope John Paul I
by John Cornwell

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally a neutral View on this Topic, 20 Sep 2012
The author really leaves it up to you to judge. He doesn't guide you towards his own opinion. It's very well written and renders the author's experience with everybody he has spoken to. It's not a story he made of his interviews but the interviews themselves. I have never read a more neutral book on this topic. Without saying so, it becomes so obvious that a lot of bickering and human factors are to be found in the Vatican. These are humans, no saints and this book makes you see it.

The Southwest Airlines Way: Using the Power of Relationships to Achieve High Performance
by Jody Hoffer Gittell
Price: 7.69

5.0 out of 5 stars Christmas Present, 20 Sep 2012
I wrapped this book into beautiful Christmas paper and sent it to the top manager of a very big company doing business worldwide. I know sombody working there and not long afterwards, word got around in that company that somebody on the top received a wonderful and most helpful book but he doesn't know from whom. - That should do as a review.

Princess Diana - A Day in the Life [DVD]
Princess Diana - A Day in the Life [DVD]
Price: 5.85

3.0 out of 5 stars Wrong Title, 22 Jun 2012
This documentary has the wrong title. It's not about a day in Diana's life. It's rather about the philosophy behind her clothes and jewellery, the development of her sense of fashion and, very few, commments from a handful of friends.

It's not bad at all but this DVD does have a misleading title.

Diana: Death of a Goddess
Diana: Death of a Goddess
by David Cohen
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
Price: 7.17

3.0 out of 5 stars Not sure about it yet, 21 May 2012
I'm still reading but there are three things that strike me as inconsistent with what I (definitely) know:

1. The author says that when the Mercedes was entering the tunnel, there could have been a slower car on the right hand lane. He says that the right hand lane was the fast lane, which is not correct. This was Paris, not the UK, and in Europe, they have right-hand traffic, so the right hand lane is the slow lane. A driver speeding along well over the speed limit would know that on the right hand lane, he's having a good chance of meeting a slower car, so these "speeders" always drive on the left hand lane. Every driver in Europe knows, so why would Henry Paul not know?

2. The author calls Emad "Dodi al Fayed". Fayed senior calls himself "al Fayed", he added the "al" to his name to make it sound more noble but it's not part of his name. Dodi never used it. Dodi always went as "Dodi Fayed".

3. The author says that Paul Burell took Dianas dress which she wore in the accident and burnt it to avoid souvenir hunters from getting their hands on it. Diana did not wear a dress that night. She wore white jeans and a navy jacket. Paul brought a black dress from London when he came to Paris, for Diana to wear. He took her clothes with him but it was no dress.

Given these three inconsistencies, I'm not sure whether there are more of them. I just definitely know of these three, but I'm still reading. There are some intersting findings but I'm not sure whether I should believe them because of these three points that I'm absolutely positive have not been as the author says.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 4, 2013 6:46 PM BST

Royal Wisdom: The Most Daft, Cheeky, and Brilliant Quotes from Britain's Royal Family
by Kate Petrella
Price: 5.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining, 12 Dec 2011
It's funny and entertaining for people who don't know much about the Royals. For those who do, there's nothing new in it. But yes, I would say funny.

Aloft (Penguin Modern Classics)
Aloft (Penguin Modern Classics)
by William Langewiesche
Price: 10.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I join in with the good Reviews - but ..., 19 Oct 2011
... I would like to make a comment on "On a Bombay Night (The Turn continued). On page 45, 5th line from the bottom, the author says: "He (the Captain) swore, 'Arey Yar!'

'Arey Yaar' is not swearing. It's an exclamation full of despair, a cry for help to a friend. He obviously realised that something was going terribly wrong, he might even have realised that there was nothing left he could do. 'Arey Yaar' (also 'Are Yar') means 'hey man/friend'. 'Arey' = hey; 'Yaar' = friend. But a close friend. Arey Yaar is Hindi and in that situation and context a shocked cry for help to a friend.

It's like we do in certain situations. No matter how professionally trained we are, there are moments when we call out for our mother, or a close friend, well aware that it's irrational because they're not there and couldn't help anyway if they WERE there.

He was totally taken aback and shocked, knowing his fate. And so was his copilot.

Page: 1 | 2