Profile for baz123 > Reviews

William Golding: The Man Who Wrote Lord of the Flies
by John Carey
Price: 25.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Golding biography, 18 Feb 2014
A well written, well informed book about a fascinating man, with great insights into the mind of this ( surprisingly) rather vulnerable author. I have enjoyed the works of William Golding for many years and this knowledge of him has been most interesting and illuminating. Written with harsh truth sometimes but always with respect.

Christmas in the Heart
Christmas in the Heart
Offered by skyvo-direct
Price: 21.81

3.0 out of 5 stars Christmas record, 18 Feb 2014
This review is from: Christmas in the Heart (Audio CD)
Good on ya Bob. A Christmas record, yeah? What's that ?all profits to charity for perpetuity? Good. Eh? You say it's not taking the Mick? No I know you're not. When I first / last played it that Christmas it sounded good, and it sounded like you were taking it seriously.
To change the subject, I thought Tempest and tin Angel were brilliant. I buy all your records.

The Lord of the Rings Trilogy (Extended Edition Box Set) [DVD]
The Lord of the Rings Trilogy (Extended Edition Box Set) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Elijah Wood
Price: 25.00

5.0 out of 5 stars LOTR Extended, 18 Feb 2014
This is a fantastic box set of the trilogy. And do they mean extended! Only for those who can't get enough of this cinematic masterpiece. They are extended cuts of each film, which are longer than usual anyway

Fatal Revenant: The Last Chronicles Of Thomas Covenant (GOLLANCZ S.F.)
Fatal Revenant: The Last Chronicles Of Thomas Covenant (GOLLANCZ S.F.)
by Stephen Donaldson

4.0 out of 5 stars The Last Chronicles, 18 Feb 2014
After all the trilogies, adventures doubts fears and soul searching Thomas keeps going! As it gets darker and slower and even more confusing we hold on for grim death cos of all we've been thro together! It's becoming more of a struggle to read, but struggle I do. I can't wait for the Last Dark! (But why is the wait so long?! ) i will read it very carefully and hope, at the end of it all, I can feel the conclusion is fitting and makes sense of all that went before.
If not, thanks for those great adventures anyway, I've been well entertained over the many years. Just get it over with,

Finnegans Wake
Finnegans Wake
by James Joyce
Edition: Audio CD
Price: 16.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Finnegans Wake, 18 Feb 2014
This review is from: Finnegans Wake (Audio CD)
I've only given this 3 stars cos I didn't know what else to do.
I read and re read portrait of the artist and dubliners when I was younger and really enjoyed them.
Later I read Ulysses and thoroughly enjoyed that. I liked his Pomes Pennyeach and Exiles.
But Finnegans wake? I've tried, twice, to start it. I won't give up on it, but I might die first.
I think this May be my best chance. I hope I make it.

Emotion & Commotion [12" VINYL]
Emotion & Commotion [12" VINYL]
Price: 21.68

4.0 out of 5 stars Jeff Beck, 18 Feb 2014
It's good to hear Jeff Beck go a bit mainstream (only because he can). This is an enjoyable record and perhaps more accessible than some of his others. He is so versatile in the styles that he plays that one shouldn't criticise him for going mainstream ( Somewhere Over the Rainbow, Nessus Dorma for goodness sake!). It all adds to the riches of his output.
I can't wait to see what he does next.

Daughter of Regals and Other Tales
Daughter of Regals and Other Tales
by Stephen Donaldson
Price: 7.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Spin off from Thomas Covenant series, 18 Feb 2014
Daughter of Regals is a good story. Overall an enjoyable read if you like weird and/or imaginative stories. But for the real deal read the (many) books about Thomas Covenant ( must be in the right order!)

Mayhem
Mayhem
Offered by positivenoise
Price: 8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Mayhem, 18 Feb 2014
This review is from: Mayhem (Audio CD)
I am happy with this record of a faultless performer. I have been to two of her shows and I am glad to be able to get another record by her. ( I only wish I could have been in USA to see her with Jeff Beck. Still, I have the DVD and cd!)

Love Tattoo
Love Tattoo
Price: 6.28

5.0 out of 5 stars Love tattoo, 18 Feb 2014
This review is from: Love Tattoo (Audio CD)
I am happy with this record of a faultless performer. I have been to two of her shows and this record does not disappoint

Black & Decker 3.6V Lithium-Ion Cordless Screwdriver
Black & Decker 3.6V Lithium-Ion Cordless Screwdriver

4.0 out of 5 stars Cordless screwdriver, 18 Feb 2014
This came in a silly presentation tin. Looked great but completely useless. One star less for that.
I've had this for quite while now and can honestly say that for a DIY person I cannot imagine a better cordless screwdriver.
Pros:
Battery
Adjustable driving
Light
Comfort
Good power
Cradle
Cons:
Bit accessory holder could be improved
Packaging