Profile for Oldtimer > Reviews

Content by Oldtimer

Oldtimer "oldtimer" (Hoylake UK)

Hostey® White Kindle Range Micro USB Mains Wall Charger for Amazon Kindle 1,2,3 & 4 (The All New Kindle) / Kindle Fire / Kindle Touch, Touch 3G Tablet / PaperWhite - (includes charging indicating light)

5.0 out of 5 stars Kindle charger, 23 May 2013
This is a must for anyone taking their Kindle on holiday unless you have access to a computer. It does exactly what is wanted, Ie, it keeps your Kindle always ready for use. Excellent product and service.

Blue Spot 31114 Battery Bulb and Fuse Tester
Blue Spot 31114 Battery Bulb and Fuse Tester

2.0 out of 5 stars Inaccurate machine, 25 Feb. 2012
My very basic but accurate batttery tester finally gave up the ghost so I thought I would try what looked like a better machine. It certainly looks good and has a solid feel to it BUT it tells me that battery are OK when they do not work. I have tested them further in my GPS machine [only good for AA size!] and it is clear that many batteries are close to fully discharged but the Blue Spot indicates that they are in good condition.

Not worth bothering with.

Also needs a 9VOLT battery to work fully. I guess that it is for bulb and fuse testing.

Home Cooking
Home Cooking
by Rachel Allen

5.0 out of 5 stars Home Cooking, by Rachel Allen, 4 Jan. 2010
This review is from: Home Cooking (Hardcover)
A beaufifully presented Hardback with excellent suggestions for a wide variety of occasions. Some simple and easy recipes and some more complex for that special party: a few that the children can help with. At 350 pages, a smashing addition to the cook-book library.

Akasa Libra AK-NBC-08AL notebook cooler Aluminium
Akasa Libra AK-NBC-08AL notebook cooler Aluminium

5.0 out of 5 stars Laptop fan cooler, 4 Jan. 2010
I decided on the Akasa after reviewing many of the other on offer. Although it is dearer than the others, it is a robust piece of equipment and since using it, I have not had a single problem with overheating. It does everything I wanted it to do and I would recommend it to anyone. My laptop is a 15" Dell, and there is sufficient surface area for it to work as required.

Logitech QuickCam E3500 Webcam
Logitech QuickCam E3500 Webcam

4.0 out of 5 stars Web camera, 4 Sept. 2009
A very easy to set up piece of equipment. My computer is so old and slow that the image freezes occasionally but the end result is good. I expect a better result with more modern equipment.
I purchased this after reading a number of reviews and this was widely recommended.