Profile for Cagri > Reviews

The Beast
The Beast
by Paul Di'Anno

4.0 out of 5 stars Honest, as an autobiography should be., 11 July 2013
This review is from: The Beast (Paperback)
I feel that some of the reviews here are totally unfair. This is Paul Dianno, the man who sang some of the finest songs in rock music history, and some pricks are humiliating him here because he wrote a totally honest autobiography? Who are you to blame and humiliate a man over his life that you read from his own words? Anyway, parts of this book are indeed boring and I think Dianno does talk a bit too much about his brawls with insignificant people, but overall this book is honest and interesting.

Sabotage
Sabotage

5.0 out of 5 stars Underrated Sabbath album..., 10 Mar. 2011
This review is from: Sabotage (Audio CD)
I sometimes try to decide which Sabbath album I feel is the best, and I have never been able to. Most if not all Sabbath fans would answer this question as "Paranoid" I'd guess, but for me this is not the case. If I tried to count the number of songs that I like in a given Sabbath album and try to answer the question according to which one has the most, then I would maybe say Paraniod as well. But somehow I tend to think SABOTAGE IS their best album, because MEGALOMANIA is in this one. And although I truly almost pass out because of joy when I listen to songs like N.I.B., A National Acrobat, Sweet Leaf, Black Sabbath, Iron Man (even She's Gone, which I think is a great song from their last and most underrated album Technical Ecstasy...I think none of these songs are as perfect as Megalomania. Megalomania IS the perfect rock song in my book, and because of this very reason I mostly find that Sabotage IS the best Sabbath album ever not to say that other songs in this album are not good.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 24, 2011 7:56 AM BST

Overnight Sensation
Overnight Sensation

5.0 out of 5 stars Great album by a great band, 10 Mar. 2011
This review is from: Overnight Sensation (Audio CD)
I have been listening to rock since 1984. Although Motörhead was already pretty big back in those days, somehow I'd never gone deep into their work. I was deep into Ozzy, Sabbath, Priest, Maiden, Metallica, Manowar while also hitting new stuff like Tyrant, S.O.D. etc. Motörhead's music, as powerful as it may be, was a bit messy for my taste as in I was not able to seperate bass from guitars from vocals and music seemed to sound too chaotic, if you know what I mean. It was all until I got this album in '96 and heard "I don't believe a word". That song hit me so well that I got the urge to go deeper into Motörhead's earler works, trying to focus and hear a bit beyond the surface. Which I did, and I can assure you that they make GOOD music, as it needs to be done and as it rarely gets done!