Shop now Shop now Shop now Up to 70% off Fashion Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Learn More Amazon Pantry Food & Drink Beauty Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen in Prime Shop now
Profile for m4rwin > Reviews

Content by m4rwin

m4rwin (United Kingdom)

Crucial MX100 - Solid state drive - 512 GB - internal - 2.5" - SATA-600(CT512MX100SSD1)
Offered by go4products

2.0 out of 5 stars Freezes with laptop battery, 28 Feb. 2015
I have bought this for a laptop (Acer B115-M). The system was freezing all the time. When I looked into it, the source of the problem was actually the SSD: whenever the laptop was running from battery it froze within 15 minutes. After some experimenting and reading online forums, the best solution was to disable the write cache. Well, this SSD is slow for an SSD as it is, with the cache disabled it is even slower. This has not fixed the problem, only hid it. To make things worse, Crucial doesn't seem to have to have a very good customer service. I would not recommend this product for a laptop with specs similar to mine (Pentium N3520... etc.).

Casio MQ24/7B Unisex Quartz Watch with White Dial Analogue Display and Black Resin Strap
Offered by Europe Sellers Kings

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice simple watch, 13 Mar. 2014
I like the simple design, and it does the job perfectly. It looks nice, it doesn't look as cheap as it actually is. The only problems are that the dial window scratches quite easily, and the strap doesn't last very long, so be prepared to buy a new one every couple of years. At least that's what I've been doing for the last few years.

ABC Products® Replacement Casio USB Cable Cord Lead (For Image Transfer / Battery Charger - Supports Charging in Select models) for Select Exilim Digital Camera (Models Stated Below)
Offered by abcproducts

5.0 out of 5 stars Works fine, 21 Jan. 2012
I've bought this for a Casio Exilim EX-ZS10 camera. It works fine. It can charge the battery, and it can transfer the data as well.

Ex-Pro® Neodymium Rare Earth Super Magnets 8x3mm Disc [PACK of 10]
Ex-Pro® Neodymium Rare Earth Super Magnets 8x3mm Disc [PACK of 10]
Offered by ExpressPro

5.0 out of 5 stars Strong little magnets, 7 Aug. 2011
The magnets are really quite strong, not what you would expect from such small things (8 mm in diameter, 3 mm thick) if you've never played with neodymium magnets before. I only needed three, so I had quite a few to fool around with. Be careful with them! I tried lining all of them up in a straight line. Why not!? It all went well up to a point, but then it suddenly became unstable, and they jumped together: a little piece of one of the magnets broke off. So even though they work very well, you need to be careful not to hit them too hard, because they are quite rigid. Also, don't use them as earrings. It hurts.

Victorinox Spartan Swiss Army Knife - Black
Victorinox Spartan Swiss Army Knife - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 11 May 2010
Well-built, sturdy, excellent quality army knife. The blades are really sharp, you could possibly use them as a scalpel. (I had a little accident, and it was a nice, clean cut, made without any effort.)

The only con I can say is that the nice black cover is made of a "scratch-magnetic" plastic, which will soon have scratches all over it. It doesn't matter if you're careful, I was too. (When I first opened the box, it already had three or four tiny marks.) And it's a tool after all, so you will probably use it. But this is only a minute aesthetic thing, it fully deserves the five stars anyway.

2 X Serial ATA Sata Hard Drive Data Cable Lead
2 X Serial ATA Sata Hard Drive Data Cable Lead
Offered by Universal Color

5.0 out of 5 stars Good cable, 7 Mar. 2010
One cable, with SATA connections at both of its ends. It does the job perfectly. The colour of mine is slightly metallic red. (I like it.)

Bipra USB 2.0 to SATA/IDE Adapter Kit with Power Adapter for 2.5/3.5/5.25 inch SATA or IDE Drive
Offered by Bipra Limited Number 1 Hard Drive Specialist

3.0 out of 5 stars Had to change the cables to make it work, 27 Jan. 2010
First it worked haphazardly with my SATA hard disk (which had only normal SMART values, so that was fine). It was difficult to connect the device, no matter what I tried (I can follow a manual). And even after a successful connection, sometimes it just lost it even in the middle of something.

After hours invested in investigations, I decided to change the cables. I changed both the SATA cable, and the USB to mini USB one. That solved the problem. Now it works as I expected from the product in the first place.

I am just disappointed by the low quality original cable(s).

Wacom Bamboo Pen Graphics Tablet
Wacom Bamboo Pen Graphics Tablet

5.0 out of 5 stars You get exactly what you pay for :), 8 Oct. 2009
This is the most basic model of Wacom Bamboo. No ExpressKeys, no Touch, just a pen with two buttons, and one pressure sensitive tip (no eraser either). And it just works fine ;)

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars Bad typography, 2 Oct. 2009
It's a good idea, I get the joke. But it's ruined by bad typography. I get that the underlining is important for the joke... But that font is not really perfect, and that apostrophe is a catastrophe.

Kingston KTA-MB667/2G - 2 GB 667 MHz SODIMM (DDR2, 1.8 V, CL5) Memory for Apple MacBook (DDR2) 13 Inches (Early 2009)

5.0 out of 5 stars MSI Wind U123H, 25 Sept. 2009
I've bought this module for my MSI Wind U123H. I was a little bit worried about it being faster than I needed, and allegedly designed for Apple computers, but it works fine. Well, this is what I would expect from a Kingston ;) And I think it was the cheapest option...