Profile for girl > Reviews

Levivo Silicone Muffin Baking Tray for 12 Muffins, 36 x 25 cm, Red
Levivo Silicone Muffin Baking Tray for 12 Muffins, 36 x 25 cm, Red

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use and super easy to clean, 3 May 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I don't often make muffins. The exception is at Christmas when I sometimes make Nigella's Christmas morning muffins (which are delicious - I definitely recommend you give them a go!). When I bake I tend to make brownies because I'm a chocoholic and brownies are easy to make and nicer than chocolate bars. However I've been wanting to make the muffin frittata recipes and baked egg recipes I've seen on various websites for some breakfast variety, but lacked a muffin tin of my own. I also love chocolate Rice Krispie cakes - super easy and super quick to make - and thought this would double up for both those and the aforementioned savoury muffins. And this product is silicone - so it would be easy to remove the muffins without breaking them or making too much mess - and dishwasher safe (I'm not a fan of washing up, not least because it exacerbates my contact dermatitis).

The Levivo Muffin Tray looks exactly as presented on Amazon's product page; a beautiful glossy red, solidly built. The cups hold their shape very well and it wipes clean very easily. The first thing I did was melt about 600g of Dairy Milk, mix in as much Rice Krispies as I could then scooped out the mixture and divided it between the twelve compartments. They came out perfectly, the tray washed clean easily in the dishwasher, and I can't wait to use it again.

As a very amateur baker, what appealed to me about this tray was it's simplicity and ease of use. It's a fantastic little piece of equipment and I'm very pleased with it indeed.

Ultrasport Boxing Gear-Series Full Face Head Protection / Training, Sparring, various sizes

4.0 out of 5 stars Good fit, coverage and padding, 12 Jun. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This head guard provides good coverage to the face and head with a firm, stable fit. There is enough padding to protect but not so much to completely obscure peripheral vision. Recommended.

AmazonBasics Laptop Sleeve for 11.6-Inch Laptop / Chromebook / MacBook Air
AmazonBasics Laptop Sleeve for 11.6-Inch Laptop / Chromebook / MacBook Air

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value, good protection and not too bulky, 26 April 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
There's not a huge amount to say about this. It was ordered for use with a Samsung Chromebook (approximately 11 inches) and it fits perfectly, providing good protection (thickly padded) without too much bulk. Very good value and recommended.

The Little Book of Mindfulness
The Little Book of Mindfulness
by Tiddy Rowan

3.0 out of 5 stars Incomplete but a nice gift item, 26 April 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This book is OK. It's the kind of thing to dip in and out of. It has no real structure and is more a collection of tips and ideas to practice mindfulness rather than a more complete guide to mindful living and behaviour. It's useful for when you have some downtime and want to pick out one of the techniques to practice but not as a replacement for a more thorough mindfulness guide. It's probably most suited as a gift product.

SanDisk 32GB Ultra Android Dual Drive
SanDisk 32GB Ultra Android Dual Drive
Offered by MemoryLab

4.0 out of 5 stars Nearly everything I want from a USB, 20 Mar. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Half of my life is on my USB stick. Well, that might be an exaggeration, but certainly a big chunk of it is. Usually this is just for back-up, but a lot of this stuff I use on devices other than my laptop. I mostly listen to music on my mobile and read things (docs, pdf files, ppt files) on my mobile or tablet. I usually have to back-up on my USB and then transfer to whatever device I want to file on. This way I can just save to the dual USB stick and then just slot that into my mobile/tablet, transfer the file and let it copy over.

It loses a star because there's no way for me to attach it to my key ring. There's a kind of slot thing on one side but it doesn't fit a key ring.

The Food Book Mini (Lonely Planet Foot & Drink)
The Food Book Mini (Lonely Planet Foot & Drink)
by Lonely Planet Food

4.0 out of 5 stars Coffee table cube, 20 Mar. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I like this book. Glossy, filled with pictures, just enough information about the cuisines around the world for a book that is undoubtedly a coffee table book. It's thick so there's lots to look at and read. It has a small width and length, and coupled with the thickness of the book it's practically a cube. It loses a star for me because there are so few recipes to try and I'm not entirely sure if I would buy it as a gift for someone but it's also not the sort of thing I would usually buy for myself.

Veet Essential Oils and Floral Vanilla Warm Wax 250 ml Microwavable Jar
Veet Essential Oils and Floral Vanilla Warm Wax 250 ml Microwavable Jar

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for me, 6 Feb. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Wanted to give this a try as a change from my usual de-fuzz routine of shaving in the shower. Next time I’ll just pay a professional to do it. Heating it up was fine, and I liked the indicator which lets you know if the wax is at the appropriate temperature. It was a bit difficult to apply, and quite messy. It was almost impossible to apply a thin enough layer for effective hair removal. As a result, when removing it there was mostly just pain with very little actual hair removal. I’ll stick with roll-ons and pre-made strips the next time I want to wax at home.

Veet Face Wax and Care Kit
Veet Face Wax and Care Kit

2.0 out of 5 stars I'll be sticking to tweezers and thread, 6 Feb. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I usually just tweeze my eyebrows. Occasionally I thread them. Sometimes I use the pre-made waxing strips from, but I always end up having to go back in with the tweezer anyway, so they always seem like a waste of money. I decided to give this Veet stuff a go. I’ve used the Nad’s Facial Wand stuff before and it was OK and the excess washes away with water, and Veet was essentially promising the same thing in this product (replacing water with ‘care cream’). Unfortunately, it just wasn’t very effective. It didn’t have the nice, clean finish you expect to get from a waxing product so I had to (again) go in with the tweezers afterwards. I actually found the pre-made strips to be more effective. I won’t be getting this again.

Clearblue Digital Ovulation Test Kit - Pack of 10
Clearblue Digital Ovulation Test Kit - Pack of 10

2.0 out of 5 stars Ovulated, but test read negative, 6 Feb. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I used this purely to find out if I ovulate. I understand most who use them are trying to get pregnant but in my case I just wanted to see if I’m ovulating at all (irregular periods). This test kit was used alongside Clearblue’s Advanced Digital Ovulation Test kit. I used both approximately two weeks ago and now have my period (indicating that I was indeed ovulating around that time), but while the other kit gave me high and peak fertility readings over a few days clustered together, this test continued to give negative readings (same days, same samples). I had not a single ‘high fertility’ reading with this kit. It’s likely I simply have a faulty kit but unfortunately I can’t recommend it.

Clearblue Digital Ovulation Test Kit with Dual Hormone Indicator, 10 Tests
Clearblue Digital Ovulation Test Kit with Dual Hormone Indicator, 10 Tests

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use, reliable results, 6 Feb. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I know most people use these when trying to conceive, but in my case I wanted to find out if I’m ovulating at all, although I’m not trying to get pregnant. I found this test kit - Clearblue Advanced Digital Ovulation Test - to be the more accurate of the two I tried (the other being Clearblue’s Digital Ovulation Test). Approximately two weeks ago, this test kit gave me a couple of days of high and peak fertility readings, sandwiched between a couple of low fertility days. Now, just about two weeks later, I have my period which pretty much confirms that the test was accurate. Recommended.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5