Profile for Alistair Adams-Huset > Reviews

Content by Alistair Adams...

Alistair Adams-Huset (UK)

Page: 1 | 2
CITROEN C1 05 on Black Front Waterproof Nylon Car Seat Covers Protectors
CITROEN C1 05 on Black Front Waterproof Nylon Car Seat Covers Protectors
Offered by Extreme Auto Accessories

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Covers, 5 Nov. 2013
Good quality seat covers for the C1, comes with small anchoring clips to help secure below the seat. They are compatible with side airbags installed in some models of the C1, just make sure they are installed on the correct side of the car to allow the airbag to deploy through the hole.

TP-LINK TD-W8968 300Mbps Wireless N USB ADSL2+ Modem Router for Phone Line Connections (USB Port for Storage Sharing, Printer Sharing, 3G Modem Sharing, FTP Server and Media Server)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good start, 15 Jun. 2013
Ordered this router to replace a completely useless BT home hub v1. I went with the TP link because I have used their kit before and never had a problem and I didn't want to spend a great deal of money as in the near future I will be switching to a FTTH connection which comes with its own router. This router is designed for BT connections on ADSL2+ lines. If you have broadband through BT they do not mind you using your own router but you have to set it up to work on their system, these are the settings that worked for me.

Connection type: PPPoA I accidentally selected PPPoE on my first attempt and it didn't go down all that well ;)
VPI: 0
VCI: 38
ATM Encapsulation
Vc-Mx
User Name: user@btbroadband.com You literally type USER not your own account name
Password: bt I used lower case and it worked for me

I have had the router up and running for a week now which honestly is not enough time to properly evaluate a router as reliability is a major factor. However I have been working it as hard as possible with daily video streaming and nightly use of bit torrent software and it hasn't needed a reboot or even slowed down.

The wireless strength is an improvement over BT home hubs V1, V1.5 and V2 I cannot comment about V3 as I have never used one.

My only concern with this router is it seems to run pretty hot even when not under load, however TP Link do back it up with a 3 year warranty so it can always be replaced if it fails.

In Car Charger And Dashboard, Air vent & Windscreen Suction Mount Holder Cradle Kit With 360° Degree Rotation Feature For All New Models Including Samsung Galaxy 3 Apollo i5800, Galaxy Ace S5830, Galaxy Ace 2, Galaxy Ace Advance, Galaxy Beam, Galaxy Europa i5500, Galaxy S Advance, Galaxy S I9000, Galaxy S2 SII I9100, Galaxy S3 SIII I9300, Galaxy Mini S5570, Galaxy Note I9220 / N7000, Note 2 N7100, Galaxy Portal i5700, i5800, i8700, Galaxy W, Nexus S I9020, I9023, Omnia 7 Windows, S5230, S5233, S8600 Wave III By HTT ACCESSORIES
Offered by FA Accessories

5.0 out of 5 stars Great suction mount, 2 May 2013
I decided to spend a little bit more money on my second phone holder as my previous one was fairly rubbish vibrating constantly from the motion of the car and required me to remove the protective case I have on my phone (HTC Wildfire S) every time I wanted to use it. This holder stuck first time to the windscreen and holds very firmly with very little vibration, the constricting arms for holding the phone operate very smoothly and release by pressing the button on the side of the holder. Included in the box is an adapter for gripping into standard vents (not compatible with vents in a Citroen C1) and a hard smooth plate which has double sided sticky tape on one face allowing the plate to be stuck to the car some where and then the suction cup grips the plate.

EiioX Mini ELM327 Interface V1.5 Bluetooth OBD-II OBD2 Auto Car Diagnostic Scan Tool
Offered by Fasun

5.0 out of 5 stars Works for me, 2 May 2013
I can say this works on my set up. Car: Citroen C1 VTR (2009). Phone: HTC Wildfire S. Software: Torque Free edition from the play store. I haven't tried the CD as my laptop does not have Bluetooth and some people have found viruses on the disk as well but I cannot comment on that aspect.
In the C1 the OBD 2 connection is under the steering wheel to the left hand side where your knee lives in a right hand drive variant. The pairing code 1234 worked for me.

Camping 068221 Gas Mantle Small Pack of 3
Camping 068221 Gas Mantle Small Pack of 3

4.0 out of 5 stars Replacement mantle used on Coleman F1 lantern, 27 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Campingaz Gas Mantle (Sports)
A replacement mantel for gas burning lanterns. Was used on a Coleman F1 lantern. This mantle is free from harmful radioactive isotopes found in older models but still requires activating outside as the initial smoke given off in preparing the mantle for the first time is harmful and produced in fairly large quantities. The reason for the four stars not five is because of the EXTREME fragility of the mantle once it has been prepared which makes getting the protective mesh cover of the lantern over the mantle a very tedious task.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 3, 2015 8:26 PM GMT

TP-LINK TD-8840T - TP-Link TD-8840T ADSL2+ Modem Router
TP-LINK TD-8840T - TP-Link TD-8840T ADSL2+ Modem Router

5.0 out of 5 stars A good cheap wired router, 27 Feb. 2013
A very good low cost router for wired networks and came with the correct UK three pin power connector. The router has four 100mb ethernet ports and one ADSL2+ connection, the router does NOT have any wireless built in so will require a wireless access point to be added to allow wireless networking. The 100mb connections will allow a theoretical maximum download speed of 12.5MB/s per connection but as with all networking expect more like 10 - 11MB/s.

Update

This router has now been running uploading a webcam feed for 6 months now without a single reboot which is rather impressive.

6W T5 9" White
6W T5 9" White
Offered by Dependable Trading LTD

5.0 out of 5 stars Well fitting fluresent tube, 27 Feb. 2013
This review is from: 6W T5 9" White
Meets the size and wattage described so could slot straight into the fixture. Good white light and fast warm up although like any other bulb of this type will get slower over time. Was a little dubious about ordering such a fragile product over the internet but all fears proved unfounded as all bulbs were delivered quickly and without damage.

CAT Footwear Men's Holton SB Safety Boots
CAT Footwear Men's Holton SB Safety Boots
Price: £79.99 - £84.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Reliable safety boot, 26 Feb. 2013
These boots have saved the greater part of my left foot from an errant axe swing after a long day laying a hedge, although the leather outer sole was penetrated the steel cap stopped the axe blade dead in its tracks. The boots are extremely comfortable and give good grip even when working in slippery mud. The laces may not be up to the same quality of the boots them selves but as a previous reviewer stated this is fairly common with most Caterpillar boots. The boots are compliant to SB and HRO European standards. I personally would buy these again should the need arise.

TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-Port Unmanaged Gigabit Desktop Switch
TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-Port Unmanaged Gigabit Desktop Switch
Offered by Box Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars Great domestic piece of kit, 15 Feb. 2013
A fantastic gigabit switch for the domestic setting and small office. Bought one trialled it for a month and bought a second to upgrade the whole house to gigabit LAN. Have now run both switches for over a year without the need to reboot either which is surprising as they handle nightly p2p networking/file sharing, streaming of HD video and on-line gaming. The switch is UNMANAGED so is a simple case of plug and play networking with auto jack sensing for the connection speed (10/100/1000).

Premium HDMI to DVI Cable Gold 2 Metre (discontinued by manufacturer)
Premium HDMI to DVI Cable Gold 2 Metre (discontinued by manufacturer)
Offered by Zehui Trading

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality cable, 15 Feb. 2013
Good quality cable with gold plated connectors, no noise or artifacts in the images when connecting from an Asus GTX 550 Ti HDMI port to a DVI input only monitor.

Page: 1 | 2