Profile for Robyn McClenaghan ( Reflections Of A Book Geek) > Reviews

Content by Robyn McClenag...

Robyn McClenaghan ( Reflections Of A Book Geek)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
The Manny (Locked & Loaded Series Book 1)
The Manny (Locked & Loaded Series Book 1)

3.0 out of 5 stars Not what I was expecting!, 29 April 2016
3 Stars

I really struggled with this book at times, I found Graham very hard to relate to and not all that likeable of I'm being honest.

I didn't like how long it took for the pair to meet in this story, it could have happened a lot earlier.

The fact this isn't a full length story kind of bugged me, I had no clue before I went into this one that there would be another book.

Shameless
Shameless

5.0 out of 5 stars A hot, tatted up guy with a baby, What more could we want?, 26 April 2016
This review is from: Shameless (Kindle Edition)
4.5 Stars

I stumbled upon Lex Martin in a read and review group on goodreads and was addicted to The Dearest Series so I couldn't wait to get my hands on this book since it's a spinoff of that. I have to be honest here and say I can't for the life of me remember who Brady is.

Brady's whole life gets throwing in a tailspin after the death of his brother and sister in law. He ends up having to travel to Texas to tie up his brothers loose ends and get custody of their young child. I really liked Brady, he stole my heart from early on in the story and kept it throughout! His relationship with Izzy was beautiful to read about and I loved how much he cared for her.

Katherine lived with Mel and Cal and feels responsible for their death, she can't get over the things that led to it so she blames herself. The way she cared for Izzy was great to witness, she loved her like she was her own child.

This story showed us how Brady grew up and took on the responsibility of becoming a parent over night, how he dealt with the death of his younger brother and also how he managed to fall in love along the way. The fact that he had muscles, tattoo’s and was somewhat of a bad boy just added to his appeal but when you also add a baby to the mix I think my ovaries might have exploded a time or two.

This book was chock full of heartbreak and sorrow, my heart hurt multiple times throughout. The emotion in this story leaped off the pages and burrowed its way into my heart.

Layers of Her
Layers of Her

5.0 out of 5 stars I loved Campbell & Stone! xx, 26 April 2016
This review is from: Layers of Her (Kindle Edition)
5 Stars

I have to admit I have been in a bit of a funk lately with books, I've just really struggled with reading this past week so to be honest I wasn't rushing into any books. This book landed on my kindle this morning and I have read it in the space of a few hours, I was captivated instantly and couldn't set it down.

Campbell had been through so much, I liked how her pov was told. Her character really drew me in and I loved her instantly.

Stone was so loveable, even when he done things that annoyed me I couldn’t find it I me to be mad at him. He was such an amazing guy.

Prescott Lane is a new author for me, this is the first book I have read by her but it will not be the last. Her writing was well done and I thought the story was told very well.

This was a quick read with plenty of emotion flowing through the pages. I loved how the synopsis didn't give anything away and we had to find out through the book the trials and tribulations faced by each character.

Although this book mentions dealing with rape it does not go into the specifics of the act.

Dirty (Dive Bar 1)
Dirty (Dive Bar 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars A good spin off!, 19 April 2016
4 Stars

I received an advanced copy of this book via Netgalley. I really liked the premise of this story. Runaway bride, gay ex-fiance and hot musician/bartender this was a combination that I knew would grab my attention from the beginning and keep me hanging on waiting for more.

Lydia hasn’t had much luck with love, she finds out her fiancé is in a relationship with his bestman just minutes before the wedding and flee’s the scene before she made the biggest mistake of her life. She breaks into Vaughn’s house to hide away from the humiliation she feels. What she doesn’t expect is a hunky musician to own the house.

Vaughn was down on his luck after his band splits up and he has to come home to try to sort things out with his family home. Vaughn was a bit hot and cold at times and you never knew what you were going to get with him.

This book had me in stitches at time's, Lydia was funny even when she wasn’t trying to be.

This book was all in Lydia’s pov. I wish it had of been in dual pov, I think it would have been great to get an insight into Vaughn’s character and see his take on things.

I loved the characters in this book, both the main ones and the secondary characters. I’m really hoping we get to see more from this lot. I would love to get Nell’s story.

Down on Me (Club 24 Book 7)
Down on Me (Club 24 Book 7)

3.0 out of 5 stars 3 Stars, 19 April 2016
I have to be honest when I heard Brandon and Spencer were getting another book I was excited to get my hands on it, in saying that I felt a little let down by this one. There wasn't one real reason for it though.

I understand the struggles Spencer faced as I have also had the same thing she had but I just struggled to connect with her at times. It wasn't anything that happened I can't really describe it.

Brandon also wasn't what I was hoping for.

I feel like this book was completely unnecessary, we had finished Brandon and Spencer's story and we could have got these glimpses of them through Blakes story.

Grit: A Spartan Riders Novel: Volume 1
Grit: A Spartan Riders Novel: Volume 1
by J.C. Valentine

4.0 out of 5 stars 3.5 Stars, 19 April 2016
I'm so on the fence about this book that I've struggled with the rating to give it. There were some points of the book I was sure it would be four stars then in the next instance I had it dropped to three so I'm going to give it a fair 3.5.

My reasoning behind the rating is the characters, while I enjoyed the storyline for the most part it was Gabby in particular that took away from my rating.

I couldn't stand how Gabby was so judgemental and hypocritical at times, there was never a point in the book that I can actually say I liked her and I'm so disappointed about that.

I loved Blake, there was never any contest with him. I liked him from the very first moment we meet him in this book and loved him by the end. Blake really won me over with his relationship with his son, he was such an loving father. Sure he made mistakes but the bond the two shared and the fact Blake was trying his hardest is what made me fall so hard for him.

My favourite part of the book though is Ash, that little boy stole my heart and I never want it back again. He has been one of the cutest children I have read about!

While this story is called Grit I think it lacked a little of that. The story was a little predictable at times.

Other than Gabby I enjoyed the characters in this book and can't wait for more from them.

Clash
Clash

5.0 out of 5 stars An amazing read!, 18 April 2016
This review is from: Clash (Kindle Edition)
4.5 Stars

I found this book to be different from CA Harms other stories. It was a grittier read which featured both physical and mental abuse!

Payton had suffered so much at the hands of the monster who she was cursed with as a father. He was a horrendous human being! Payton's strength was one of my favourite aspects of this story. She just kept picking herself up and dusting herself off.

Dylan was a complete sweetheart, sure it took a little encouragement for him to make his move but once he got his head out of his ass he proceeded to make me swoon.

The relationship between Dylan and Payton was beautiful to watch their love blossom and their story unfold. Dylan was so protective of Payton and he loved her immensely.

Casey was a riot, she was such a wildcard and I loved her take no s*** attitude. Her friendship with Payton was great to read about.

CA Harms is definitely one of my favourite authors, she writes such swoon worthy men and such kickass heroines you can't help but love the characters. Her writing always draws me into the story and captures my attention right from the start.

This book was emotional at times and really pulled at my heartstrings, it gave me a bad case of ugly cry syndrome.

The Only Man (The Other Man Series Book 2)
The Only Man (The Other Man Series Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read series!!, 18 April 2016
I have been dying to get my hands on this book since I finished The Other Man. I haven't read a lot of M/M books but this series has definitely been a favourite!

This story was the continuation of Blake and Zach's journey. They didn't get together in the best way in The Other Man and their journey through their relationship has been a rocky one.

I loved both characters in the first book, they both stole a piece of my heart. In this book I was so frustrated with both of them but the way I felt for the characters never diminished! Blake could have done with a real slap a few times but he was still a loveable git.

The sex scenes although the book wasn't chock full of them were scorching hot in my opinion, the chemistry between Blake and Zach leaped off the pages and left me in need of a cold shower!

Danielle has brought these characters to life, I felt every emotion Blake and Zach felt throughout this book.

This has been a series that has sucked me in and kept me captivated throughout. I have ignored everything and everyone since I received this book earlier and finished it in one sitting!

Jase (Kings of Korruption MC Book 3)
Jase (Kings of Korruption MC Book 3)

4.0 out of 5 stars Another Hot biker!, 15 April 2016
4 Stars

I have really enjoyed this series so far, I knew from the moment we met Jase that I would love his story.

Ellen is a friend of Charlie's, they work together and have become good friends so we read a little about her in the previous books. Saying that I forgot who she was until I started reading this book.

I wasn't sure how I would feel about Ellen, I expected her son to be a baby not a 10/11 year old. Ellen had Bryce when she was young and I loved how she pushed herself to be an amazing mum and do it alone. She was inspiring and I really liked her character. Paul was a complete idiot, seriously I wanted to slap him countless times and Ellen deserved a medal for dealing with his s***!

Bryce was a little s*** at times but I have to say my heart broke for him.

Jase is the joker of the group, no one really takes him seriously and he is a complete and utter player. I loved the change in Jase we see during this book, he does a complete 360 and I loved him. The relationship he built with Bryce was touching and he definitely made me swoon.

Geri writes characters you can relate to and are very likeable, I get so invested in the stories I feel like the events are occurring in my life and not in a book. I couldn't put this book down and read it in one sitting.

This was another great read from Geri Glenn, I have loved this series so far and I can't wait for Reapers story.

Thanks for the chance to review.

Jagger: A Caldwell Brothers Novel
Jagger: A Caldwell Brothers Novel

5.0 out of 5 stars My favourite Caldwell brother!!, 12 April 2016
4.5 Stars

Jagger is the third instalment of the Caldwell brothers series, he is the youngest brother and my favourite to boot!

Jagger tries to save Tatiana from her violent father but she refuses the help and keeps taking the brutal attacks her father is giving her.

I loved Jagger in the previous books and he just got a hell of a lot better in his own story. Jagger was an MMA fighter who hates the fact that men feel the need to put their hands on a woman after witnessing and living with the hell of a childhood he had. He was a real hero to me and I couldn't get enough of his character!

Tatiana had a rough start to her life, she was abused by a person who was supposed to love her and has only felt bad touch. I really liked her character but she was a little naive at times.

This story was the best of the three in my opinion, it captured me from the outset and wouldn't let me out of its grip. I love Chelsea Camaron and MJ Fields writing together and I hope they bring us more soon.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20