Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

EXOUS Bodygear EX-600ml Stainless Steel Insulated Water Bottle
EXOUS Bodygear EX-600ml Stainless Steel Insulated Water Bottle
Offered by EXOUS

5.0 out of 5 stars It works!, 29 Sept. 2015
This bottle has kept drinks cold, even though it has been subject to strong sunshine for 3+ hours.

LEABAGS London genuine buffalo leather messenger bag in vintage style - Nutmeg
LEABAGS London genuine buffalo leather messenger bag in vintage style - Nutmeg
Offered by ZTS Deutschland

5.0 out of 5 stars Good bag - Poor strap - - - Issue now resolved., 22 Sept. 2015
A smart, well made bag, but let down on two counts by the shoulder strap.

Firstly, for a bag of this size, the strap needs to be wider - it is just 25mm (1 inch). When the bag is full of the daily necessities, the weight needs to be spread more on the wearers's shoulder. My shoulder ached after the first full day of use!

The second, and more important flaw is that the reverse side of the strap is a nylon webbing material. Although this adds strength, on my bag, it has been badly trimmed, leaving a sharp, hard, serrated edge along both sides of the strap. This is proving most uncomfortable.

All in all, a good bag which could be so much better. I bought it as a smaller, every day option to my old, larger Barbour bag. I shall investigate either a shoulder pad, or replacement strap, or just abandon it. Pity! It wasn't cheap!

UPDATE:
I wrote directly to Leabags expressing my concerns about the strap. Thanks to their excellent customer service, the matter has been resolved to my satisfaction. I am upgrading my review from 4 to 5 stars.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 2, 2015 2:44 PM BST

London Railway Atlas 3rd edition
London Railway Atlas 3rd edition
by Joe Brown

5.0 out of 5 stars First Class, 29 Dec. 2012
Firstly, paper/print quality:-
Fears aroused by references to poor print/paper quality have proven largely unfounded, as far as I'm concerned. There is nothing wrong with the paper. Yes, if I look through a jeweller's eyepiece I can see fine "spotting" in and around the print, making it appear a little soft; but only at great magnification. To the naked eye (even with a regular magnifying glass) it is as clear and easy to read as any detailed text printed using the normal "four-colour half-tone process".

To the book itself:-
I can add little to previous praise for what is a stupendous achievement. The author has managed to combine full but clear details of current, historic and proposed layout, such as to give the reader great insight into the development of the railway in the greater London area.

Heartily recommended.