Profile for I Expect High Standards > Reviews

Content by I Expect High ...

I Expect High Standards (England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Gowi Rome Dinner Service Playset (60 Parts)
Gowi Rome Dinner Service Playset (60 Parts)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality and great for toddlers, 12 April 2013
I bought this locally for my 19mth year old. It contains so many excellent pieces. We also have other GOWI products and find the quality of plastic to be first class - not brittle like the supermarkets sell these days. Highly recommended.

Funskool Preschool Nesting Eggs
Funskool Preschool Nesting Eggs

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for little hands, 12 Jan 2013
My son (16 months) had some Christmas nesting eggs this year and loved them. They were aged 3+ and a few of the pieces were very small, so he couldn't play with them unless I was fully watching him. When they went away with the decorations, he kept looking up at the shelf where they were kept with a sad face, so I set about finding some age appropriate nesting eggs. We already have the Tomy squeaking eggs (non nesting of course) and my husband was worried these wouldn't offer much different, but I ordered them anyway! SOOOOOOOOOOO pleased I did, although these don't look as fun as the Christmas ones (from Paperchase incidentally, have different characters on them!) he is over the moon with these nesting eggs. Loves taking them apart and with a little help, putting them back together. I would say this is the next stage on in dexterity and development terms from stacking cups. Great toy and great for hand/eye coordination development. At £5 incl P&P, a great toy for the playroom. Also handy to throw in your bag when going out (although fear they may well end up all over the floor when we're next at the dentist/doctors etc!). Wish I'd seen them earlier!

Huggies Pure Baby Wipes - 10 x Packs of 64 (640 Wipes)
Huggies Pure Baby Wipes - 10 x Packs of 64 (640 Wipes)
Offered by tarteg.cymru

5.0 out of 5 stars Best wipes, but can get cheaper elsewhere!, 12 Jan 2013
These wipes are excellent. We've used them for years as toilet wipes (cheaper than those silly miniscule wipes!) then had a baby and found nothing else cleans our son's bum as well or as gently (save good old cotton wool and water/lotion, which is not so convenient). However, Asda do 12 packs box (64 per pack) of Huggies wipes for £10, so Amazon for once, is not that cheap, even when you do "subscribe and save".

Minene Bath Support (White)
Minene Bath Support (White)

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful product which doesn't get mouldy and works in baby baths and main baths, 9 April 2012
This bath support frame is simply fantastic! We bought ours locally for £18.99 and although a lot of money, wouldn't hesitate in recommending. It has let us have safe bathtimes with our baby from newborn when he was in a baby bath, through to now, at seven months, in the big bath. He's getting slightly too long for the frame now, but happy to have had 6 months use given we've bathed him most days since he was 4 or 5 months. The great thing about this product is that the towel is removable from the frame, so you can wash it if (or rather when!!) accidents happen. It also is easy to wring out, meaning no mould ends up growing on it which some people seem to say with the foam types. The product is as good as the day we bought it. Wash on cool cycle and don't tumble dry as it is already a snug fit (needs to be otherwise the baby wouldn't be supported). Also recommend putting it back on the frame when wet, as this makes life easier.

Minene Baby Bath Support and Hand Flannel (Blue)
Minene Baby Bath Support and Hand Flannel (Blue)

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic product to help avoid midday sun, create a dark sleep space - great for buggy and car, 24 Mar 2012
My 6mth baby refused to sleep in his buggy (his pram was the magic sleep mobile, but as soon as we started using the buggy, he couldn't make the adjustment). This product has changed all that. Creating a dark space, he falls asleep in no time when he needs a nap (indoors or out). It's also brilliant at keeping out the strong midday sun (but see-through enough for them to see you). Ensures adequate ventilation (I cringe when I see people putting coats over their buggies, must be so stuffy for the little one underneath).

As a bonus, I have been attaching some of the numerous velcro fasterners to my baby's headrest/mirror in the car and now have the perfect canopy over the carseat to stop the sun getting in his eyes. Despite having 4 sunblinds in the car, I could never get all the cracks covered before using this wonderful product.

Washable and takes up no space in your bag - love the fact it comes in its own integral bag too - no worries about a separate bag blowing away/getting lost therefore.

I bought mine from a well known high street chemist as saw it and wanted it there and then! Also looked at some others which weren't as stylish or more importantly flexible in terms of fasteners (this fits my buggy when front and rear facing. I have a very large buggy - Brio Sing - and this fits perfectly).

Buy it, you won't be disappointed!

Burt's Bees Baby Bee Shampoo and Wash
Burt's Bees Baby Bee Shampoo and Wash

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous smell, 27 Oct 2011
Using on my newborn, he smells delicious after bathing in this! Foams up well, ideal for hair and body (bath).

Joyful Pregnancy
Joyful Pregnancy
by Glenn Harrold
Edition: Audio CD

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for sending you to sleep/relaxing, 14 Jun 2011
This review is from: Joyful Pregnancy (Audio CD)
Wonderful CD, really helped me relax during second/third trimester. I have used Glenn's Complete Relaxtion in the past and although this CD has a very similar script, I like the baby specific parts enough to warrant having both. The echo effect on his voice really helps to send me into a trance and I'm normally hopeless at meditation. Great to have an English accent too, I find American ones off puting.

Stick Man
Stick Man
by Julia Donaldson
Edition: Board book

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful rhyme and story, 14 Jun 2011
This review is from: Stick Man (Board book)
My friend had this book for her girls. Was delighted to see it in board book format as her version is paper and very tall. Can't wait to read it to my boy. Wonderful story and great rhyming throughout.

Your Pregnancy Bible new revised and expanded edition
Your Pregnancy Bible new revised and expanded edition
by Anne Deans

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely book, especially for first trimester, 22 Feb 2011
I bought this book along with "Expecting" as soon as I found out I was pregnant. Being hardback, it's enduring the constant referral to it better than a softback book. It has lovely pictures and detail about what's happening each week - something I found invaluable during the first twelve weeks (I had no symptoms and nothing to show for my new pregnant status, and it was lovely to read what was happening deep inside week by week).

I think the "Expecting" book is probably more in-depth and better researched and also better structured, but there are no pictures of the developing fetus, which I really wanted, hence why I bought both. If you can only buy one, then the Bible is probably better though as is a good all-rounder. I personally don't agree with other reviewers about the pictures being too graphic. Given what's ahead, these images are tame, although the 3d scan images are perhaps a little creepy and made us decide we wouldn't want a 3d scan therefore!

Good luck with your pregnancy.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5