Profile for Liam > Reviews

Griffin Survivor Military Tested Case for iPhone 4/4S- Black
Offered by Terminal 1
Price: 24.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome - almost perfect!, 14 Nov 2011
I don't treat phones very well. Actually, I do my level best to kill them off pretty much every day. I scratch them, bash them, drop them, fill every crevice with dust. I (accidentally) drove over one once with a forklift. I am a builder. And with a brand new iPhone 4s on a 24 month contract, I realised that I needed help. And now I have it. It's been one month and for the first time I feel comfortable having my phone with me on site. Will it survive a forklift? Maybe. Will it survive 2 years? Hopefully. Is it a godsend? Definitely. My only bugbear is that the proxy for the main button is convex rather than concave, so Siri is forever chatting at me from my pocket. Other than that, it's difficult to see how it could be improved!

Electric Wiring: Domestic
Electric Wiring: Domestic
by Brian Scaddan IEng; MIIE (elec)

4.0 out of 5 stars A path through the swamp, 21 Jan 2004
This book provides a good overview of a vast subject area and is clearly aimed at the more ambitious DIYer. Although some basic knowledge of electrical principles is assumed the content is practical and sensible; there are plenty of clear diagrams, and all the major issues are covered from high-level planning through to low-level installation details. This is a book that boils the complex IEE regs down to the salient points for a straightforward domestic installation. My only criticisms would be that the prose is sometimes a little vague and there are some annoying typos.
Whilst I will still need to seek further advice in some more complex areas, at least now I’ll know what questions to ask, and will hopefully understand the replies! Overall this book is a solid starting point if you’re considering rewiring your house, which is exactly what I wanted.