Profile for Lolly > Reviews

Lolly

Draper 61208 Telescopic Bypass Ratchet Action Loppers with Steel Handles
Draper 61208 Telescopic Bypass Ratchet Action Loppers with Steel Handles

4.0 out of 5 stars heavy but cuts well, 21 Aug 2014
These really are heavy duty and have been great for sorting out my neighbours over grown cupressus we had to chop the tops off. Iv had no problems with them. The reason for the 4 stars is the fact that they are really heavy. They are great for short bursts of cutting but they really give your arms a workout. Everyone who has tried them so far agree. They cut well though so happy to put up with this small gripe.

Garland Green Plant Halos - 3 Pack
Garland Green Plant Halos - 3 Pack
Offered by Garden Gear

4.0 out of 5 stars great product!, 17 Jun 2013
This review is from: Garland Green Plant Halos - 3 Pack
I purchased some of these at a local garden centre. I loved them so much I tried to get some more but they stopped selling them. So pleased I found these. They were delivered really quickly and so easy to use. Plants are so much healthier and no more hassel watering. Just great product!

Fujifilm FinePix S4000HD Digital Camera - (14MP, 30x Optical Zoom) 3-inch LCD (discontinued by manufacturer)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Camera & simple to use, 28 May 2011
I deliberated long and hard before I purchased this camera. I did try out one of the earlier versions but found that the macro was terrible in anything other than perfect light. As this is what I really needed the camera for, I was slightly worried that I would be dissapointed with this - but the reviews generally seemed promising.

I've now used it on several occasions and have found it a dream to use. Nice and easy to understand and you don't really need to read the instructions. The macro options are great! You get lots for your money here and I'm so pleased that I did not go and spend more. It's not too big and so its nice to take out and not feel that you are carrying a brick with you. I love the option to view through the eye piece or the LCD screen - it;s extremely useful to have both options.

I've not had any problems with the automatic focus and all images have come out nice a crisp. The smile detection surprised me in that it worked! I was not expecting that, but you do need to make sure that you have good light for this.

I have not given it 5 stars - because of the problems with the software. I put the software onto my computer and had so many problems with it that I took it off (which itself was not easy) and just used Windows for downloading. It really was not worth the trouble. All in all, the camera is great - but the software is problematic, but still a great buy.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 9, 2011 10:14 PM BST

Material Obsession: Contemporary Quilt Designs
Material Obsession: Contemporary Quilt Designs
by Kathy Doughty

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely and inspirational, 7 April 2011
There are so many quilting books out on the market at the moment, it's difficult to decide which ones to buy. After reading all the reviews I did go for this one and was not dissapointed. I have been stuck for inspiration/confidance to get on and make a quilt. After reading through this I felt I could actually make one! And I've not stopped there.

The book contains some great designs which you feel you could easilly have a go at making, but it does more than that, it gives you the push to think of your own colourways and designs.

So, great book and I'm so pleased that I chose it. It now stays with me at my bed so I can pick it up and dive in whenever I need a boost.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great size, very handy, 9 Jan 2011
This is a great little colour wheel. Well designed, small enough to fit into your bag to take with you when you are choosing colours out and about, but still easy to read! Great little item

Domino: the Book of Decorating: A Room-by-Room Guide to Creating a Home That Makes You Happy
by Deborah Needleman

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 9 Jan 2011
I'll keep this short and sweet. I purchased this book for my sister and spent lot's of time looking at the reviews for this and similar books. It's a great book, so much so that she very nearly did not get it (but I decided in the end to puchase another for myself).

It really does not matter that it is American. The best book of it's type I have seen with ordinary house interiors that everyone can aspire to or at least see how some of it can fit into their situation. Lots of examples for every room not just one or two, and the small spaces part for every room is just great. Images are lovely and clear and the rooms are not just the boring minimalist white you see in most other books at the moment.

Great book - well worth the price!