Profile for Travelholic > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12
The Girl from the Sea: A gripping psychological thriller
The Girl from the Sea: A gripping psychological thriller

4.0 out of 5 stars Gripping, 13 Jun. 2016
An interesting story, one that gripped me, meaning I read it in one sitting.

Love Yourself Like Your Life Depends On It
Love Yourself Like Your Life Depends On It

5.0 out of 5 stars A powerful message, 12 Jun. 2016
A short and simple book, yet one with a powerful message. After all, the basic tenet of the book doesn't need dressing up in anything complicated or with lots of words. Recommended.

Naughty Clients: Erotic Escapades (Naughty Vixens Collection Book 3)
Naughty Clients: Erotic Escapades (Naughty Vixens Collection Book 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars A great finishing twist, 4 Jun. 2016
I've been a fan of Candi Silk's books for a while now, and Naughty Clients didn't disappoint. We meet Betty and Rita, the protagonists of The Naughty Vixens series, again, together with some other familiar faces such as Cam and Ellen. New playmates join in the fun, however, and there's a great twist at the end which I think brought the book to a fantastic finish.

The Miracle Morning for Writers: How to Build a Writing Ritual That Increases Your Impact and Your Income (Before 8AM) (The Miracle Morning Book Series)

5.0 out of 5 stars Packed with helpful hints, 4 Jun. 2016
As a practitioner of the Miracle Morning routine, as well as being a writer, I've been eagerly anticipating this book. The reality didn't disappoint; it's packed with helpful hints, and I look forward to incorporating its advice into my working life.

Deep State (The Acer Sansom Novels Book 4)
Deep State (The Acer Sansom Novels Book 4)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast-paced and intriguing!, 23 May 2016
I really enjoyed this book, the first Oliver Tidy novel I've read. The story was intriguing, the action fast-paced, and I was relieved that the author didn't clutter the plot with unnecessary romantic complications. My only gripe was that it could have done with further editing. In one section the viewpoint switched between characters without there being a scene break, which was jarring to read, and I found a grammatical error. These are minor points, though, and overall I'm intrigued by Acer Sansom, and keen to read more of his adventures.

15 Secrets Successful People Know About Time Management: The Productivity Habits of 7 Billionaires, 13 Olympic Athletes, 29 Straight-A Students, and 239 Entrepreneurs

4.0 out of 5 stars Packed with information and well worth a read, 12 May 2016
A useful book, packed with information and well worth a read. Like some other reviewers, I found some parts repetitive, and it needed more editing to weed out the mistakes.

The Silent Twin: A dark, gripping detective thriller (Detective Jennifer Knight Crime Thriller Series Book 3)

4.0 out of 5 stars A gripping crime story, 10 May 2016
This was the first book by Caroline Mitchell I've read, and it won't be the last. The Silent Twin is a gripping crime story laced with a touch of the supernatural, something I've not encountered before. Well worth a read.

The Eyes of the Accused: A dark disturbing mystery thriller (The Ben Whittle Investigation Series Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars A cracking good read, 18 April 2016
I was anticipating something pretty good from Mark Tilbury after his first novel The Revelation Room, and The Eyes of the Accused didn't disappoint. Tilbury set the standard high with TRR, and has raised it even higher with TEOTA. The story hooked me in straight away and kept me intrigued; much as I liked TRR, TEOTA is even better. How Tilbury does it, I don't know, but he manages to blend humour into his psychological thrillers very successfully, in a way I've not encountered before. I'd love to give an example, but it's hard without giving spoilers. Let's just say a certain lupine character was brilliantly done and gave depth along with a dash of humour to the narrative.

In the second book in the Ben Whittle series, we discover more about Maddie, which gave a nice counterpoint to the focus on Ben in book no. 1.

Honestly? I loved this novel!

Remorseless: A British Crime Thriller (Doc Powers & D.I. Carver Investigate #1)
Remorseless: A British Crime Thriller (Doc Powers & D.I. Carver Investigate #1)

4.0 out of 5 stars A good read, 12 Mar. 2016
My first Will Patching novel, and I enjoyed it. Will clearly relishes a good psychopath, and Remorseless delivers the goods! I found the ending rather rushed, but otherwise found this book a good read.

Sewing the Shadows Together
Sewing the Shadows Together

4.0 out of 5 stars A good read, 9 Mar. 2016
An enjoyable novel, one I read in one sitting. The ending was a little rushed, but otherwise this was a good read.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12