Profile for Mark Jowett > Reviews

Content by Mark Jowett

Mark Jowett

Genuine Wansview wireless IP camera network with Pan & Tilt,Night Vision,2 Way Audio,Black, Built-in Microphone With Phone remote monitoring
Offered by COOLEAD
Price: 29.97

4.0 out of 5 stars Good overall product, slightly tricky to set up at first, 2 Nov 2013
Hi, having just written a more comprehensive review and the site crashing I will write a more concise second. If anybody is struggling feel free to email majowett1982@gmail.com and I will try to help if I can.
Overall - good product and initial set up with the wire is straightforward and setting an IP address for the camera. However, even after I have set the WIFI up and connected the camera via WIFI, it will not show on the PC software as connected when the ethernet cable is not connected. The camera flashes but nothing is coming through on PC or APP. There are a number of forums for this suggesting take the cable out once rebooting or update firmware etc but for now I am running a long cable into it.
Port forwarding is straightforward through the router settings and using either default 80 or chosen port.
It has taken me a few days to set up and get the motion detection working and emailing my gmail when it detects such motion.
(be warned you will get hundreds of emails if you set up for a time when people are there!)
On the Alarm settings page - tick all boxes and set the scheduler if needed. Unless you actually connect to the external house alarm it wont work with that section but I ticked the boxes anyway. In the email settings page (seems easiest with gmail) you obviously need your email and gmail server settings which are smtp.gmail.com, port is 465 and TLS. You need to tick the authentication box and put your own gmail details in. After one day of having this set up, it suddenly started working and emailing lots of stills of people in my house, actually myself! Picture quality isnt too bad, you can alter settings in the software.

Overall, for the money great value, be warned about the wireless not working on it, I haven't given up on this but this is the only bit I cannot get to work.