Profile for J. Tucker > Reviews

Content by J. Tucker

J. Tucker "joffoir" (cardiff)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Schwalbe Marathon Performance Wired Tyre with Greenguard Endurance Reflex 730 g - 700 x 35C (37-622)
Offered by Laxzo.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great tyres., 7 May 2016
After suffering from 4 punctures in a month, using Shwalbe regular tyres ( can't remember their name) I changed to these and 7 months later, not a single puncture, so money well spent. I commute 8 miles daily each way on a mix of roads and trails.

Confessions of an Economic Hit Man: The shocking story of how America really took over the world
by John Perkins

5.0 out of 5 stars Just read it!, 7 May 2016
Brilliant book which will open your eyes to the corruption and wrongdoing of American banks, governments and big businesses. Easy to read.

Life Screams
Life Screams

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice try, but....., 7 May 2016
This review is from: Life Screams (Audio CD)
Ok in places but generally disappointing. A long way off the standard set on Memento Mori. The voice is still there but the songs aren't, and quite why the cover of Roxanne is on here, I'm not sure, but it adds nothing and seems out of place. Nice to see Lacey back though.

London Brogues Mens Canning Hand Stitched Real Leather Slip On Boat Deck Smart Casual Shoes Loafers Size 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 (UK 8, Cigar)

3.0 out of 5 stars Small sizes., 7 May 2016
Shoes themselves seem ok but the sizing is miles off. I am a size 9 but I could not even get my foot into the 9 that I ordered. I suggest you buy at least one size bigger, maybe even two.

The Light in You
The Light in You

5.0 out of 5 stars Sublime, 4 Feb. 2016
This review is from: The Light in You (Audio CD)
Nobody makes music quite like Mercury Rev. Each album is different of course and whilst this is a little more accessible than their earlier material it is still beautiful, soulful and atmospheric music which just makes me feel happy and yet somehow sad at the same time (if that makes sense). No, it's not Deserter's Songs, but we've got that already and don't need it again, so enjoy this for what it is. Also one of the best live bands I have seen. Catch them if you can.

Queen II
Queen II

5.0 out of 5 stars ... to this album for 40 years and I still love it. For me, 3 Jan. 2016
This review is from: Queen II (Audio CD)
I have been listening to this album for 40 years and I still love it. For me, this was about as good as Queen ever got (along with Night at the Opera and Sheer Heart Attack). After 1978 it was all downhill.

Schwalbe CX Comp Tyre with Active Wired Kevlarguard 480 g - 700 x 35C (35-622), Black

3.0 out of 5 stars They were fine at first, 4 Dec. 2015
I ride about 16 miles a day on trails and roads. They were fine at first, but after just 5-6 months the back tyre tread had worn right down. Also, I didn't find them to be very puncture resistant and after 4 in 1 month, with the tyre wall blowing out on the last, I swapped for Marathons. They are cheap though, so for occasional use probably a good choice.

Lomo Waterproof Cycling Pannier Bag. Hi Vis Dry Bag
Lomo Waterproof Cycling Pannier Bag. Hi Vis Dry Bag
Offered by Lomo Watersport

4.0 out of 5 stars A simple bag which clips easily but securely on the rack and holds a fair ..., 22 Oct. 2015
A simple bag which clips easily but securely on the rack and holds a fair amount. Very bright and visible and completely waterproof thanks to the roll top and material used. Maybe some smaller pockets inside or outside would be good rather than one large space, but overall a decent pannier, which also can be removed without too much effort once you get the hang of it. Carrying handle is a nice touch.

My Love Is Cool
My Love Is Cool

5.0 out of 5 stars Give it time, 22 Oct. 2015
This review is from: My Love Is Cool (Audio CD)
This album is a real grower. After a few listens, I thought it was ok but nothing special, but the more you listen, the better it gets, which in my experience is the sign of a great album, and after many listens I have not tired of it. A mix of styles, kind of indie rock, with a pop edge and at times, even a bit folky. Fluffy reminds me of My Bloody Valentine. Play it loud. Overall a fine listen.

JBL CristalProfi i200 Greenline Internal Filter
JBL CristalProfi i200 Greenline Internal Filter

5.0 out of 5 stars Well it actually stays stuck to the glass instead of falling off like most others do and it has a fairly large ..., 19 Aug. 2015
I have tried most of the internal filters on the market but this is the one I prefer. Why? Well it actually stays stuck to the glass instead of falling off like most others do and it has a fairly large hole size in the foam inserts so it doesn't block up quickly and therefore maintains a decent flow rate for a long time. Also it sits neatly in the corner of the tank. I use it as a back up to a large external on a 6' tank and I have a smaller model as the sole filter on a 3' tank. The only downside is that you can't use it with a 3D background, but that's no big deal.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5