Profile for jno > Reviews

Point of Retreat
Point of Retreat
Price: 3.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Slammed is much better, 10 Mar 2013
This review is from: Point of Retreat (Kindle Edition)
Point of Retreat is not as good as Slammed, but still worth a read. It took a while to get used to it being written from Will's perspective.

McFly - Unsaid Things...Our Story
McFly - Unsaid Things...Our Story
Price: 5.80

4.0 out of 5 stars Not just for hard core fans., 14 Jan 2013
I was never a Mcfly fan, pretty firmly sat in the camp that believed they were just another manufactured boy band who probably didn't even play their own instruments. Fast forward a few years through Strictly, I'm a Celeb and after being informed (by a reliable source) that they do indeed play their own instruments (and write their songs) I was starting to see them in a different light.

I love reading autobiographies and this one didn't disappoint. It was well written and flowed effortlessly between each band members recollection of past events. It was really interesting to see how things came together, it seemed like everything was meant to be or as George Mcfly would say it was their density.

I could not put this book down. It grabbed my attention from the start and held it right to the last word. There are amazing highs and heart wrenching lows and I found myself laughing out loud and even shedding a tear a couple of times. I probably would have had a full on sob, but crying in public is not a good look so I held it in!

This is a must read for fans, but I would definitely recommend it to non fans as well. I don't think they held much if anything back. Mcfly have had their ups and downs, a rollercoaster as they put it, but they remain the best of friends through it all and you can really feel that when you're reading.

I now find myself having a bit of a Mcfly crush, Tom sealing the deal with his wedding speech on YouTube! Boys you have gained a new fan. Looking forward to hearing some of the new material.

Emu Womens Stinger Lo Boots
Emu Womens Stinger Lo Boots
Price: 59.87 - 159.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Love these boots, just wish I'd had them for more than 5 minutes!, 20 Dec 2012
I already have a pair of these boots in black and love them so much. I ordered another pair a few days ago, as they are such a good price, and they finally arrived today. I was looking forward to opening the package when it arrived, but unfortunately someone stole it before I had a chance to. I didn't see who took it, but I'm hoping it was a man with size 12 feet who would have been hoping the box contained dvds or electrical goods! No doubt he'll be selling them down the pub later.