Profile for Anemone > Reviews

Anemone

Dead Man's Shoes
Dead Man's Shoes

5.0 out of 5 stars A true page-turner, 13 Nov 2012
This review is from: Dead Man's Shoes (Kindle Edition)
One of the best Kindle books on my tablet - it is very nicely written, with humour, compassion and intelligence. The protagonist is flawed but sympathetic, his moral crisis is very well told.

Murder in Half Moon Bay: A Jillian Bradley Mystery, Book 1
Murder in Half Moon Bay: A Jillian Bradley Mystery, Book 1

4.0 out of 5 stars Suspend your disbelief and enjoy!, 22 Oct 2012
Apart from the totally unlikely ease with which the protagonist is able to take part in a police investigation (which coming from a criminal justice background I found irritatingly unconvincing, but going with my Agatha Christie-reading background it was acceptable) I enjoyed this story: the characters, plot and setting were nicely developed and the canine character added a bit of fun. (Okay I talk to my dog too.) The plot revolves around a type of threat which is surprisingly rarely dealt with in this genre. As a fan of good cosies, I will look forward to the next in the series.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 4, 2013 9:02 PM BST

Pompomberry House
Pompomberry House

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent - good fun read., 22 Oct 2012
This review is from: Pompomberry House (Kindle Edition)
I thoroughly enjoyed this - good plot and setting, lots of larger than life characters, and humour throughout. It made me think about the whole writers' workshop scene in a rather different way!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 22, 2012 11:44 AM BST