Shop now Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Listen with Prime Shop now Shop now
Profile for Luxie82 > Reviews

Content by Luxie82

Luxie82

Page: 1 | 2
Passagier 23: Psychothriller (German Edition)
Passagier 23: Psychothriller (German Edition)

4.0 out of 5 stars good read but didn't live up to expectations, 3 Nov. 2014
i am a huge Fitzek fan and like all his other book I raced through Passagier 23 in less than 2 days. whilst it was a good read an certainly gripping at times the story simply did not live up to my expectations. in particular the psychology of the characters felt too topline and there weren't any major or unexpexted twists either. still a big fan though.

One Day
One Day

5.0 out of 5 stars 'One Day' consumed my life - brilliant read!, 29 Oct. 2014
This review is from: One Day (Kindle Edition)
I only recently discovered David Nicholls. I first read 'Us' and found it intriguing, I felt that the author has a beautiful way of writing and has a gift of making the complexities of human relationships come to life and I wanted to read more from this brilliant writer. 'One day' did definitely not disappoint. The story of Em and Dexter consumed my life and I thought of them even when I wasn't reading the book. I was confused about their relationship and I could feel their own emotional ups and downs as I devoured the book, and I couldn't stop asking myself 'how will it all end'? A beautiful and touching story which brings to life the complexity of relationships and life itself in a world that constantly changes and never quite turns out the way we want it to be. A fantastic read.

Us
Us

4.0 out of 5 stars Great read, very entertaining and thought provoking at the ..., 18 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Us (Kindle Edition)
Great read, very entertaining and thought provoking at the same time. Made me laugh out loud so often, the book is a great tale of comical moments so reflective of everyday life.

The Circle
The Circle

4.0 out of 5 stars highlights the subtle dangers of the digital world, 17 Sept. 2014
This review is from: The Circle (Kindle Edition)
I am a keen social media user and a big fan of the online world - this book however has got me thinking about how as an individual I blindly rely on and even endorse the online world and its big players. While this book mainly follows a character who has joined the 'circle', a leading company in the connected world, the book also asks more difficult questions about our ideals (can good intentions still be evil?), and the snowball effect - once the ball is rolling it will be hard to stop a movement that is full of inexperienced -often naive - idealists who mean good but together actually threaten the freedom of humankind. A good book if you are looking for a light entertaining read and feel connected to the happenings of the digital world - regardless of whether you consider it good or bad.

BLACKOUT - Morgen ist es zu spät: Roman (German Edition)
BLACKOUT - Morgen ist es zu spät: Roman (German Edition)

4.0 out of 5 stars gripping and thought provoking, 11 Sept. 2014
Blackout is a good thriller which develops at a consistent pace. For me the only let down is that there aren't any major twists or surprises that would catapult this book to the top of my favourite thrillers.However the story makes up for that by being thought-provoking and by skilfully playing with the fine line between fiction and reality. In fact, the news seem to be full of issues and debates that are the at the source of major drama in the book and it has provoked within me some kind of awareness that I didn't have before; about society and the human being but also about our blind reliance on certain resources such as energy. I hope that many readers feel the same and that the story can stimulate some further debate, anywhere and with anyone, as these are topics that concern us all. Good read!

A Possible Life
A Possible Life
by Sebastian Faulks

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read for anyone who seeks to be touched by the story of life, 1 Nov. 2013
This review is from: A Possible Life (Paperback)
I adore 'A possible life' by Sebastien Faulks. This book has connected with my inner-me on so many levels, the effects of which as a reader I am not even able to comprehend. The beauty about it is that I don't even want to understand why this book has touched me so deeply. What is for sure is that this is a beautiful book which deals with the many 'what ifs' of life and that in a mystical way it was able to take me to places I have never been before. A must read for anyone who seeks to be touched by the story of life.

The Cuckoo's Calling (Cormoran Strike)
The Cuckoo's Calling (Cormoran Strike)
by Robert Galbraith

3.0 out of 5 stars enjoyable read, 23 Sept. 2013
I love brilliant crime books, they are fast-paced, they are breathtaking and as a reader you generally can't bring yourself to put the story down, even to nip to the bathroom. I liked 'The Cuckoo's Calling' but it didn't really get my heart racing. Sure it is an enjoyable read, the characters come to live easily and the reader quickly creates a bond with the leading detective who is both a bit pitiful and likeable in his own ways. If there was to be a sequent to this book I would probably buy it, more to find out about how Cormoran Strike is doing and whether his detective agency is succeeding, rather than to discover the next crime story.

Rien NE S'Oppose a LA Nuit (Litterature & Documents)
Rien NE S'Oppose a LA Nuit (Litterature & Documents)
by Delphine de Vigan
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

5.0 out of 5 stars extremely touching and beautifully written, 20 Aug. 2013
This is the best piece of beautiful and touching French literature that I've read in a very long time. Delphine de Vigan has written something very special here - I could sense her emotions and struggles to write about the difficulties of her family throughout the whole book and I was willing her to find the strength to cope with it all. This book is such a touching heart-felt narrative and it is written in a very beautiful style - this masterpiece made me cry several times, and it completely consumed my days whilst I was reading it.

Capital
Capital
by John Lanchester

3.0 out of 5 stars Clever London Book, 23 April 2013
This review is from: Capital (Paperback)
Overall a good book with several stories happing at once in a city that never sleeps and people living through very different fortunes. Overall a pleasant read.

Lonely Planet Venice & the Veneto (Travel Guide)
Lonely Planet Venice & the Veneto (Travel Guide)
by Lonely Planet

5.0 out of 5 stars Great guide which provided some great experiences in Venice and around, 23 April 2013
This is a great guide if you look for a guide which has all the basics covered but in addition to that also points out great local, less mainstream and more authentic places to explore. I would definitely recommend it.

Page: 1 | 2