Profile for Michael > Reviews

Content by Michael

Michael

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
PDF Converter Professional 8 (PC)
PDF Converter Professional 8 (PC)
Offered by Tronic Zone
Price: 38.78

1.0 out of 5 stars Beware security and activation problems, 4 Jun 2014
Nuance have a policy whereby if you need to reinstall this software e.g. reinstall of windows or new hard drive. You may have problems reactivating the software unless you uninstall from the old system, whilst connected to the internet WITH FIREWALL AND ANTI-VIRUS TURNED OFF. Otherwise reactivation will fail and document will have a 'Trial Copy' stamped on each sheet.

PDF Converter 8 Professional [Download]
PDF Converter 8 Professional [Download]
Price: 38.73

1.0 out of 5 stars Beware Draconian Activation policy, 4 Jun 2014
Nuance have a policy whereby if you need to reinstall this software e.g. reinstall of windows or new hard drive. You may have problems reactivating the software unless you uninstall from the old system, whilst connected to the internet WITH FIREWALL AND ANTI-VIRUS TURNED OFF. Otherwise reactivation will fail and document will have a 'Trial Coy' stamped on each sheet.

Draper Expert 09478 210 x 30 mm 60-Tooth TCT Saw Blade
Draper Expert 09478 210 x 30 mm 60-Tooth TCT Saw Blade
Price: 14.33

1.0 out of 5 stars Look elsewhere if you need clean cuts, 25 May 2014
Very fast delivery. However, the blade is no good for intricate work. I wanted clean mitres when refitting my kitchen, there was quite a bit of break-out when using this blade. I got better cuts with the 20 tooth blade which came with my Evolution Rage Mitre saw.

Helly Hansen Men's Dry Charger 1/2 Zip Baselayer Top - Red, Medium
Helly Hansen Men's Dry Charger 1/2 Zip Baselayer Top - Red, Medium

4.0 out of 5 stars Do you Remember Teddy Boys, 3 Dec 2013
Top is ok, I went for red as my work fleece is red and wanted this to blend in. Big mistake it's garish pinky red (ref above to 'shocking pink' socks worn by teddy boys - ask your Gran).
As a wicking top it is good, I don't mind wearing it when hill walking, could be handy to signal rescue services if required. As others have found the fabric is easily 'pulled' by ragnails and suchlike.
As a wicking base layer for walking or cycling it is good, and warm. It can be worn on its own when weather is warmer. I didn't knock any stars off for the colour as it was what I ordered.

Merrell Men's Archeon Mid Wtpf Espresso Lace Up J086676 9 UK
Merrell Men's Archeon Mid Wtpf Espresso Lace Up J086676 9 UK

2.0 out of 5 stars Not Waterproof - Amazon only model?, 3 Dec 2013
First pair went back to Amazon within 2 days, both boots leaked badly. Return is very easy; just box up and take to local shop, at no cost. Received replacement pair within a week. These too are not waterproof, I don't know yet whether to send them back or not, as they are comfortable. As others have found they can be a bit slippery on wet concrete flagstones or steps, but they are fine for dog walks on grass and dirt tracks. Just don't expect them to be waterproof.
I bought these to try out the Merrell brand as I have seen many good reviews in magazines and online, the price was reasonable on Amazon. There is no reference to Archeon boots or shoes on the Merrell website so I presume these boots are made exclusively for Amazon [quality may have suffered to meet a price].
Sizewise I take an 8 in shoes but for walking boots (Scarpa - 3 season and Brasher -winter) I take 9; the size 9 in this boot fits me just fine.

Summary: Boots are comfortable, but not waterproof. If they were not advertised as waterproof I would have given them 4 Stars and would probably still have bought them at the price. As a test of the Merrell brand, I'm not convinced that they can justify their normal high price for boots which are not waterproof when advertised as such. My Scarpa boots are years old and still waterproof, even in the West of Scotland

Polar FT2 Heart Rate Monitor and Sports Watch
Polar FT2 Heart Rate Monitor and Sports Watch
Price: 34.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for basic HRM, 26 Nov 2013
Good for basic HRM, Use it to monitor heart rate when cycling. I mount it on bars using piece of 22mm pipe insulation, which works fine. Alarm is useful to keep my heart rate below 160 when climbing.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 13, 2014 2:00 PM BST

BitDefender Total Security 2013 - 3 User 1 Year (PC)
BitDefender Total Security 2013 - 3 User 1 Year (PC)
Price: 41.93

5.0 out of 5 stars Good professional reviews on this product, 15 July 2013
Bought to replace Kaspersky IS which seemed to take ages before it allowed windows to load.
Computer Shopper, when I bought this product, rates Bitdefender very highly. Bit defender improved on Windows start time [compared to Kaspersky]. I run it on 2 desktop computers and an old Dell laptop.
Auto mode is great for users who aren't experienced and user mode allows experienced users to refine settings.
Full scans are much faster than they were with Kaspersky [this is not always a sign of a good Security suite, but I relied on the comprehensive Computer Shopper tests before deciding to go with bit defender].
TOP TIP when your licence is about to expire DO NOT renew with your current supplier. You will always get a better deal by searching on the internet, even if you replace like for like.
Three computers protected for under 19, can't be bad.

BAGBASE NEW BUM BAG BELT BAG 8 GREAT COLOURS (CLASSIC RED)
BAGBASE NEW BUM BAG BELT BAG 8 GREAT COLOURS (CLASSIC RED)
Offered by COOZO
Price: 5.39

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Bag, Great Price, 15 July 2013
Sturdy bag, for Trade Stall at shows and events. Seems as if it will last some time. I keep coins in the large front pouch and my mobile phone in the small rear pocket. For safety I keep notes in my trousers pocket (zipped)

Tenn Sprint Short Sleeve Cycling Jersey Blue/Blk Sml
Tenn Sprint Short Sleeve Cycling Jersey Blue/Blk Sml
Offered by RecoSports
Price: 27.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent short sleeved top, 15 July 2013
After hot spell of weather decided I needed short sleeved cycling top, This one is great, had it out for 25 miles today. Cloudy with a bit of wind but the top is excellent - much better than rolling the sleeves up on my all year top. I am normally medium but reading other reviews, and size guide, I went for small and it fits just fine. I'm 5ft 8ins, 40" chest. Grippy waist band is excellent. I have knocked off one star as the neck is a bit baggy, however, as it's a summer top the zip will be down most of the time.
The zipped mobile phone pocket is very small, can only get two fingers into the opening - it will hold a small bunch of keys and that's about it. I would have liked one of the three rear pocket to have a zip to secure my mobile phone - at this price there has to be a compromise. Overall this an excellent product for the price, I hope to get lots of use out of it before I go back to the year round long sleeves again.

Diary A5 Day to a Page Black 2013
Diary A5 Day to a Page Black 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars Diary A5 Day to a Page Black 2013, 31 Jan 2013
It's a diary, day to page as described. Only has 4 months at bottom of double page, not 12 as shown.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3