Profile for J. Clay > Reviews

Content by J. Clay

J. Clay "jimmyblade" (Sheffield)

Horizons
Horizons

5.0 out of 5 stars My new favourite band!, 14 May 2010
This review is from: Horizons (Audio CD)
What can I say about Parkway drive, well let me asure you that they are firstly heavy as hell, they are classed as metalcore however they have a lot of deathcore traits aswell. The album is just as good, if not better than their previous album killing with a smile, if you liked that album then you are nailed on to like this one, its just more of the same which i think is a good thing. If you need a glimpse of what parkway drive sound like then listen to the song 'carrion' this is my favourite song on the album, what a great riff! Other excellent songs are Five Months and the single Boneyards.
If you like bands such as Darkest Hour, Malefice, As I lay Dying etc then get buying! Fans of Killswitch Engage/Atreyu etc beware this is a lot heavier than those bands with no 'clean' vocals and as I said does have a deathcore feel in places. If you do find yourself liking Parkway Drive may I also suggest checking out I Killed The Prom Queen.

War Is The Answer
War Is The Answer

5.0 out of 5 stars Still Brilliant, 20 Dec 2009
This review is from: War Is The Answer (Audio CD)
Having been a FFDP fan since they started out, I was slighty worried how they would top their debut album The Way of The Fist. However I had no cause for concern, this album is amazing. I am in two minds as to which album I actually prefer, I think if someone forced me to make a decision I would choose The Way of the Fist for no other reason than the song 'ashes' which is a personel favorite. Make no bones about it though this album is awesome in every way, great vocals, catchy riffs and haunting melodies. I would reccommened this album to any metal fan and if you havent already bought it their first album as well. Now all you need is to book yourself a week off work and rock your socks off!

The Way Of The Fist
The Way Of The Fist

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best albums I own....., 20 Dec 2009
This review is from: The Way Of The Fist (Audio CD)
I doubt theres any hardened metal fans who have not heard of five finger death punch, their rise to fame has been quick and well deserved. They sound like no one else I have ever heard before, although not groundbreaking like Metallica or Black Sabbath you cant help but feel like their sound is totally unique.
There is no bad song on this album and all the tracks have a brilliant 'groove' to them, if your like me and like metal that you has your foot tapping to the beat, whilst still nodding your head and rocking at the same time then this is the perfect album for you.
I also recommend seeing them live, I saw them in Manchester with Shadows Fall (who are also brilliant) and they were fantastic.

You cannot live without this album.........................