Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer

Sony Bravia KDL40EX503U 40-inch Widescreen Full HD 1080p 100Hz LCD Internet TV with Freeview HD (discontinued by manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars EX503U, 23 Nov 2010
I bought this LCD screen a couple of weeks ago now and I can tell you that it is excellent. Believe the reviews you have read! I mainly use my LCDs for Blu-Ray and XBox 360. I was slightly concerned by one review which mentioned something like 60ms of 'input lag' when playing games...this nearly made me cancel my order as I do a lot of gaming! However, I took the risk and I am very pleased to report that this TV will meet all you demands and probably more...Input lag, what input lag??? There is NO noticeable lag whatsoever that you will be able to physically see, so do not be scared off by one review. I have been powering out Call of Duty Black Ops, Halo Reach, Fable 3 and Battlefield Bad Company 2 - they look amazing and the TV is totally responsive to the controls.

The picture quality and the colours on the screen are immense, strong and vibrant. There are different scene settings for different viewing modes which come in useful.

The sound is fine...again, I read some reviews about the so called 'poor' sound...what a load of tosh...there is nothing wrong with the sound on this set. I also have the TV linked into a Yamaha RXV765 A/V receiver along with an active subwoofer to complete the cinema experience.

In a nut shell...buy it, enjoy it and you will not regret it.
Comment Comments (7) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 22, 2011 6:55 PM GMT