Profile for D. Brown > Reviews

Rsvp Stainless Steel Pickle Fork Olive Grabber Reach Deep Jar Tool Black Green
Offered by US-Kitchen Company
Price: 8.45

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a pickle fork, 22 Dec 2013
Nice simple design, not fussy which is exactly what I wanted.
Being an engineer I took it apart as soon as I got it.
I wanted to see if the spring was also stainless.
It is not magnetic so appears to be stainless, this is why I've given it 5 stars.
So many stainless items these days have non stainless parts inside which defeats the point as they rust if rom the inside, this shouldn't but I'm not going to put it in the dishwasher, easy by hand.
Good product.

USB 2.0 Manual Switch - Share Peripherals such as: Printer/ Scanner/ Camera/ Webcam/ Skype Phone/ Flash Drive/ External HDD
Offered by CDL Micro
Price: 8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little box, 27 Nov 2013
This arrived very quickly even before the quoted date.
I hooked it up straight away, I needed something to connect my logitech keyboard and mouse to both my PC and Samsung smart TV. I was unsure if it would work on the TV but it works just fine.
If you need to do this test your TV works on your keyboard and mouse by connecting the receiver to the TV, if it does then this little box will let you switch between the PC andTV. The only snag is you have get up to press the button (not near the chair)

D-Link PowerLine DHP-P500AV AV 500 Passthrough Adapter
D-Link PowerLine DHP-P500AV AV 500 Passthrough Adapter

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 13 Sep 2013
Bought two of these to replace an earlier (slower) model one of which had failed after 5 years service.
These are fast.
I am streaming 24 bit 192KHz FLAC files with ease.
There are a few comments about them not being so good when not on the same ring main, mine aren't and I done have any issues at all.

Only thing I will say is buy them separately.
you can get a twin pack for around 100 but these only cost about 25 each and you get exactly the same components, very easy to set up which I have found with all D-Link products.

La Pavoni Europiccola Lever Espresso Machine, Chrome Base
La Pavoni Europiccola Lever Espresso Machine, Chrome Base

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect coffee or not, 24 Mar 2013
I had my La Pavoni for almost 20 years and am still getting great coffee from it.
As others have said it can take a long time to master and its also important as to which coffee you use.
I also own a Barletti coffee maker which doesn't work with the same coffee as the La Pavoni.
Here's what I do
Switch it on before you start to eat, that way it's good and warm when you need it. For best results use Illy black coffee (Italian machine, Italian coffee) this is correctly ground for this type of machine, tamp it down just a little.
In the Barletti Lavazza gold is the one, this does not work well at all on the La Pavoni, it just doesn't give any back pressure when pulling down the lever. (illy does not work in a Barletti too much pressure, it blows the pressure vent)

So pick the right coffee and wash it down with a good grappa
Enjoy
Dave Brown Stockport.

The Police In Dub
The Police In Dub
Price: 9.84

5.0 out of 5 stars Absoultly brilliant!!!, 10 Sep 2011
This review is from: The Police In Dub (Audio CD)
Anyone who like the Police and likes Dub music will love this.
Very high recording quality.
Only advice I would give is play it loud on a high end audio system!

QTY 20 - Banana Plugs 4mm - Gold Plated - For Amps & Speakers
QTY 20 - Banana Plugs 4mm - Gold Plated - For Amps & Speakers
Offered by Happy eTrade
Price: 3.32

1.0 out of 5 stars Good price but poor quality, 10 Sep 2011
I needed 8 pairs and these seemed a good price. they dont fit very well and had to be bent to stop them falling out of the sockets on both the loud speakers and the amplifiers.
They would be best described as 3mm banana plugs.
They did the job in the end but I wish I had spent a little more and got higher quality.

Walking in the Sun
Walking in the Sun
Price: 18.28

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 5 April 2011
This review is from: Walking in the Sun (Audio CD)
Bought this for my Ex as she liked the 24bit FLAC file of it that I had.
Got more of her stuff now,and it is all very good.

Linksys WAP610N Wireless-N Access Point with Dual-Band
Linksys WAP610N Wireless-N Access Point with Dual-Band
Offered by C-GEAR
Price: 29.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Read more carefully, 5 April 2011
Bought the unit expecting it to connect to my BT hub 2 wirelessly, it dosnt!
What it does is create a wireless network when connected with a cable to a non wireless hub.

However if you set a fixed IP address in it you can create an independant wireless network (you need to connect it to a DHCP enabled device in order to do this, I used a Netgear ReadyNAS NV server), I now have a small network with a Netgear FS105 5 port hub. worked well.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 17, 2011 11:36 AM BST

Belkin NE-TR Laptop Trolley (Stuffback)
Belkin NE-TR Laptop Trolley (Stuffback)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good case, 5 April 2011
This is the 2nd one of these I have had (first one died after too many trips abroard).
I like the number of pockets which keep things separate.
My only complaint is its a little heavy but that might be cos I fill it up.
Cant fault the build quality.

Snuffer For Candle With Wooden Handle 5x26x2cm
Snuffer For Candle With Wooden Handle 5x26x2cm

5.0 out of 5 stars It Works, 5 April 2011
Its a candle snufer, you put it over the candle and the flame goes out.
Looks nice too