Profile for simonr > Reviews

Dvd ~ Ricky Tomlinson
Offered by best_value_entertainment
Price: 2.97

5.0 out of 5 stars very funny, 30 Sep 2013
In 2013 this film is still very funny. I watched it twice recently and it was funnier the second time. Its better if you are English and know something about the historical references. I agree that there are many nuances and inside jokes. Some are quite subtle so it might be better to watch it twice at least. I think it is in my top 10 funniest ever movies I've ever watched.

Kindle, 6" E Ink Display, Wi-Fi, Graphite
Kindle, 6" E Ink Display, Wi-Fi, Graphite

4.0 out of 5 stars nice but accessories expensive and its cheaper in the US, 16 Nov 2011
I've had my new wireless kindle now for 2 weeks and I like it. Its light, easy to read, and books download quickly. As a person who has been reading 'books' for over 40 years I was not sure how I would adapt, but its easy to get used to. More and more people are buying them and I can understand why. They are particularly good when travelling to read on planes, trains etc, or for your holiday read. I do have a couple of issues with Amazon though. First in the US, this model is $79, that means its almost half the UK price. Second, the accesories-especially the price of the cover, is ridiculous. 29 pounds for a nylon or neoprene sleeve? I went to a department store and bought a travel wallet that fitted perfectly and it cost me 3 pounds. That's my tip of the day!
Comment Comments (7) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 17, 2011 8:56 AM GMT