Profile for JAL > Reviews

Content by JAL

JAL (Ireland)

Page: 1 | 2
Netter's Clinical Anatomy (Netter Basic Science)
Netter's Clinical Anatomy (Netter Basic Science)
by John T. Hansen PhD

2.0 out of 5 stars Not too bothered, 31 Jan 2014
Everyone in my med class bought this. Years later I'm still not that bothered about it.

It's all drawings which is really nice, with some funny things - for example, there's a pencil in someone's bladder in one of the drawings!!?
Otherwise, it's really not detailed enough for a lot of the anatomy needed. The drawings are very realistic, which isn't necessarily a good thing, because when you're learning anatomy from the beginning sometimes a more schematic interpretation of anatomy makes it easier to understand.
I wouldn't buy this again.

Respiratory Physiology: The Essentials (Point (Lippincott Williams & Wilkins))
Respiratory Physiology: The Essentials (Point (Lippincott Williams & Wilkins))
by John B. West

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 31 Jan 2014
This is another of my favourite physiology books - really really good.
I learned a lot from this & haven't found another resp book as good.
It's very small & thin, so not a massive over-detailed book. I really recommend this for understand physiology of the lungs. Also, it helped me a lot to understand pathology once I knew physiology of healthy lungs.

Neuroanatomy: An Illustrated Colour Text With STUDENT CONSULT Online Access
Neuroanatomy: An Illustrated Colour Text With STUDENT CONSULT Online Access
by Alan R. Crossman PhD DSc Professor

5.0 out of 5 stars Best neuroanatomy book ever!, 31 Jan 2014
I've finished medicine now & have been working for a few years. I book this book in my 1st year of med school. It's relatively basic & has loads of pictures. Really easy to understand.
I only used this book for neuroanatomy & cannot recommend it enough!!
(Everyone in my class used this too.)

Olympus Mju Series Leather Case
Olympus Mju Series Leather Case
Offered by Great Western Cameras
Price: 9.71

4.0 out of 5 stars Fitted well, 31 Jan 2014
I bought this for my Olympus Mju Tough 8000 compact digital camera.
It fitted perfect & had a little pocket inside to fit a spare battery.

Olympus Mju Tough 8000 Compact Digital Camera - Steel Blue (12MP, 3.6x Wide Zoom) 2.7 inch LCD

2.0 out of 5 stars Wouldn't buy again, 31 Jan 2014
I bought this about 4 years ago.

The camera is quite heavy in comparison to others, which makes it feel solid like it won't break. I've dropped it plenty of times & nothing has scratched or broken.
The screen quality is only ok, but when you load the photos onto the computer you realise that the quality of photos is much better than the screen allows for, which is good.

I used this camera plenty of times in swimming pools, underwater, and the sea. After using in the sea I tended to rinse or wipe it because I was a bit paranoid about the salt damaging it. Turned out I was right - the chrome/metallic parts started to bubble & flake after 1 year. The seals around the battery & usb port were great at the start but soon started to make me worry when the metal started to flake off.
The last time I used this it wouldn't turn on. I opened the battery part & water poured out!! The camera was ruined.

In summary, this camera did not last very long & the waterproof seal & metal are not of good quality. It was great fun while it lasted! :-(

Fun4Walls Mike The Knight Repositionable Wall Stickers
Fun4Walls Mike The Knight Repositionable Wall Stickers
Offered by Kids Shopping
Price: 8.25

5.0 out of 5 stars My nephew loves this!, 31 Jan 2014
Bought this for my 4 year old nephew. He thought it was great!
Easy to apply to the walls. Haven't tried removing them yet, but the instructions say they come off easily with a hairdryer.

The stickers are good quality print & you get quite a lot in the pack which is great!

GreatShield Ultra Anti-Glare (Matte) Screen Protector Shield Film for HTC One / HTC M7 (3 Pack) - Lifetime Replacement Warranty
Offered by theWireless USA
Price: 5.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Good fit, matte finish, 31 Jan 2014
Fits the screen well for my HTC One. It gives a matte appearance on the screen, which I like, but it also takes the sharpness away from the screen - will make videos & photos less crisp/sharp.

BODUM 11089-01 BISTRO Knife block Black Kitchen & Home
BODUM 11089-01 BISTRO Knife block Black Kitchen & Home

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 30 Aug 2013
I bought this directly from the Bodum website because the price including delivery to Ireland was slightly cheaper.

This is really cool. It's smaller than I thought, but that's ok - it's compact & fits into small places, so would even be good for a small flat I reckon.
It looks great, has rubber feet to grip & doesn't fall over. I can fit about 5 big knives & 4 small into it, which is plenty for us (maybe more if you crammed them in). If you have a very large, elaborate collection of knives you would probably need something bigger.
The only (tiny) fault with this is that very long knives (like bread-cutting knives) have a small part of their blade sticking out above the level of the knife block. This is not an issue for me at all, but some people might not like the look of it! I barely notice it though.

You need to buy this brilliant knife block now!!

Gadgeo Black Gel Silicone TPU Case Cover for HTC Sensation & HTC Sensation XE with Screen Protector and Cleaning Cloth

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 30 Aug 2013
This is exactly as described - a silicone case for HTC Sensation.
Fitted perfectly and was in brand new condition.
Came with a screen protector - I put this on before I had cleaned the phone screen properly, so it never really stuck on well, which is my fault.
You can only use the screen protector once.

Preserves: River Cottage Handbook No.2
Preserves: River Cottage Handbook No.2
by Pam Corbin
Price: 10.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 30 Aug 2013
I love this book.
It's hardback and quite small, which makes it handy.
There's lots of great information (sorted well into different chapters for easy finding) about how to sterilise containers, different types of preserving, which preserves to make at what time of year (according to what is ripe) etc.
Brilliant! Can't find a fault yet.

Page: 1 | 2