Profile for Gemmad > Reviews

Content by Gemmad

Gemmad (london United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Inflatable Treasure Chest / Pirate Party Accessories
Inflatable Treasure Chest / Pirate Party Accessories
Offered by MB Housewares ltd
Price: 15.99

4.0 out of 5 stars I was surprised and pleased to see when it arrived that it has plastic ..., 19 July 2014
This was a hit at my sons Birthday party, I filled it with inflatable swords. I was surprised and pleased to see when it arrived that it has plastic hinges and a clip at the front to shut the lid, I presumed it would just balance on top.

Melissa & Doug Magnetic Hide & Seek Board
Melissa & Doug Magnetic Hide & Seek Board
Price: 10.97

3.0 out of 5 stars Don't get it wet!, 18 Oct 2013
My 1 year old loves this and its great for keeping him amused in the highchair if we eat out somewhere and are waiting for food to arrive. But one day in my bag, my water bottle leaked and the puzzle got slightly damp. All of the coloured exterior started to peel off of the board and magnets. So a good toy, but not especially hardy.

Jellycat Maurice Monkey 38cm
Jellycat Maurice Monkey 38cm

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality and lots of character, 21 Feb 2013
This review is from: Jellycat Maurice Monkey 38cm (Toy)
Bought this for my 3 year old and he loves it, its a lovely size and shape to hold and cuddle and somehow seems to have more character than a lot of other cuddly toys we have! Would make a loely gift as its great quality and quite unique.

Early Learning 123 flash cards
Early Learning 123 flash cards
by Ladybird
Edition: Cards
Price: 5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality and well thought out, 21 Feb 2013
So many pre school learning products are designed badly and not in collaboration with teachers, e.g. with words written entirely in capitals etc. These are great, well made, colourful and easy to use for a variety of activites not just recognising numbers but ordering, matching, counting and even moving onto word problems. They would be really useful for anyone aged 3 to 5 in my opinion. Im using them with my 3 year old to play games at home but Im also a teacher and would have found them really useful in any class where children are working around level 1 in maths.

Spooky Sticker Book (Usborne Sticker Books)
Spooky Sticker Book (Usborne Sticker Books)
by Fiona Watt
Price: 4.79

3.0 out of 5 stars Fun but hard to peel, better for older kids, 26 Jun 2012
My 3 year old loves this and there are some really good pages e.g. where you can design your own monster. However, some of the sticker shapes are very fiddly, e.g. spiders with fragile legs - and even I found it almost impossible to peel them off without ripping them so it was too tricky for my son and he needed a lot of input from me, whcih he has not needed with other sticker books in this range. Prob best for ages 6 and up if you want them to be able to peel the stickers off themselves, and even then some will get torn!

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars Cover is not removable, 21 Jun 2012
Just got this set, I wasn't sure exactly what was included with it but it's the cot bumper and a foam mattress with a cover matching the bumper. However, although I like the green material, the cover isnt removable which means I will need to put a sheet or mattress cover over the top of it anyway, so I may as well just have got the plain mattress! In hindsight, I don't think it's worth getting a set, wish I had just got a mattress on its own.

Fast Lane Parking Garage
Fast Lane Parking Garage

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap load of rubbish, 5 May 2012
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Fast Lane Parking Garage (Toy)
Totally agree with all the other negative reviews, this is total rubbish and impossible to fit together well as it has been made so poorly. The lift doesn't work, the pieces don't fit together and the cardboard bits were already ripped when we opened it. Even the cars it comes with are cheap and nasty and don't go all the way down the ramps without getting stuck. It's not worth more than 5 and even at that price will drive you insane trying to put it together. Please don't buy it!

Noisy Robots (Usborne Noisy Board Books)
Noisy Robots (Usborne Noisy Board Books)
by Sam Taplin
Edition: Board book
Price: 9.09

2.0 out of 5 stars 2.5 year old soon got bored, 8 Jan 2012
Thought my son would love this but he soon got bored as the story is so short and basic. He prob would have enjoyed it more when he was younger but I think it's quite expensive for what it is, even though the sound effects are very good.

Playmobil 5135 Large Pirate Ship
Playmobil 5135 Large Pirate Ship
Price: 44.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Really pleased with this, 8 Jan 2012
Bought this for our 2.5 year old pirate mad son. Some of the bits are a bit fiddly for him but he loves it and hopefully will play with it for a long time. Loads of opportunities for make believe and story making, we also bought the playmbol pirate DVD to give him some ideas and he loves recreating scenes from the DVD. worth keeping an eye on the price as I have seen it range from 50 to 100 pounds on here from week to week.

Toy Story 3 Ultimate Sticker Book (Ultimate Sticker Books)
Toy Story 3 Ultimate Sticker Book (Ultimate Sticker Books)
by Jo Casey

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for when travelling, 8 Jan 2012
My 2.5 year old son loved this and it kept him amused on the plane. Lots of stickers and a mixture of 'free' places to choose where to put them and pages where you have to match the correct stickers to the correct place. Good value for money.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3