Profile for CabbagePatch > Reviews

Content by CabbagePatch

CabbagePatch (UK Midlands)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
How to Have Your Cake and Your Skinny Jeans Too: Stop Binge Eating, Overeating and Dieting For Good Get the Naturally Thin Body You Crave From the Inside Out (Binge Eating Solution Book 1)
Price: 5.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Gimmicky title but amazing information., 8 Jun 2014
This looks like one of those awful 'chick lit' books; I only bought it because of the other reviews and because I had been thinking 'there must be another way' as I embarked (and quickly dis-embarked) on another attempt at calorie reduction. I expected to feel conned; I expected none of this to apply to me as I am hardly a 'binge' eater, I eat healthy stuff, I am just someone who has put on a stone and a half and struggles to lose it. I thought I listened to myself, ate as close as I could to what my body was asking for, yet in almost every chapter I was gasping out loud going 'but I do that!' I was stunned that I had unwittingly taken on 'diet' mentality and was playing all kinds of games with myself and my eating habits. I was in shock for a day or two, my head spinning with the revelations about my behaviour.

I am one week in and am having to work quite hard at identifying my own hunger signals; I am hungry far less often than I would wish to be! I am learning my own 'stop' signal when my body has had enough and to my surprise it is very clear and comes in when I have eaten about half to 2/3 of what I judged it would take. I have gone 5-6 hours without getting hungry and I would never normally go that long without eating; two nights I have had no evening meal because no hunger was present and I felt fine, but before I would have eaten anyway. It feels like a whole new journey and a new relationship to myself and to food. I thought I knew this stuff but it seems not ;she talks about it in a very accessible way - commenting on how scary it is to eat without restriction - her honesty really helped me.

I didn't expect to be slimmer in a week, but I do feel more confident that weight will go down in time (I will report back in a few weeks) and I feel more clarity and a bit more energy from no longer eating til I am stuffed.

My only criticism - over use of the term 'skinny' which I feel is unhelpful and gives the wrong idea; I have no desire to be 'skinny' and don't like the implication that this is what is 'natural' for everyone. The writer is a size 0 (whatever that is) but she does look healthy and fit from her videos so maybe she is just naturally tiny - if I went to a 0 my family would be calling for an ambulance!

Canon Pixma iP 4500 Premium Photo Printer
Canon Pixma iP 4500 Premium Photo Printer

5.0 out of 5 stars Still going strong, 1 Jun 2014
I have had mine for about 6 years now and it's still going fine, no problems at all with it and very happy with the print quality. Plenty of inexpensive compatible cartridge options online which makes it economical to use.

Sony CyberShot W110 Digital Camera - Silver (7.2MP, 4x Optical Zoom) 2.5" LCD
Sony CyberShot W110 Digital Camera - Silver (7.2MP, 4x Optical Zoom) 2.5" LCD

3.0 out of 5 stars It's just OK, not great, 1 Jun 2014
I had a wonderful Canon Ixus that I broke 2 years ago and for some reason I can't fathom went for this as a replacement; it is not a patch on the Ixus, it takes decent images but has no macro and the zoom is really rubbish. It is slow to respond and the battery life is not too good. It's ok really, can't complain too much, just a bit disappointing in comparison to my old camera; it is being replaced as soon as I can afford it.

It's Just My Nature
It's Just My Nature
by Carol Tuttle
Price: 11.74

5.0 out of 5 stars It is just the beginning, but worth reading, 1 Jun 2014
This review is from: It's Just My Nature (Paperback)
This is an opening to Carol Tuttles 'Dressing Your Truth' programme; you use this book to help determine your energy type and then you can, if you wish, look deeper into the process. I recognised my own energy type very quickly and was initially upset as it was not what I wanted to be - this took some working through to accept. I am sure you can gain some self awareness from reading this and not taking it any further, I have not come across this information anywhere else and it is very accessible, however , I did choose to buy the DYT course after reading it and it is one of the best things I have ever done for myself. I bought the course 2.5 years ago and my relationship to both my clothes and myself has transformed completely; I feel so at peace with myself I sometimes shed a tear in a mix of gratitude, disbelief I can feel this good after years of pain, and sadness that it didn't exist when I was 20! I often return to the book as a grounding in the energy types as it is a good basic reference.

Joyo JT-12B Clip On Digital Tuner for Guitar Bass Violin and Ukulele
Joyo JT-12B Clip On Digital Tuner for Guitar Bass Violin and Ukulele

4.0 out of 5 stars Helpful, 1 Jun 2014
This is really helpful when you are tone deaf like me and want to muck around on an instrument.....sadly. in spite of it's assistance, I am still rubbish on the Ukulele.

HP Compaq Presario C300 C500 C700 Laptop 65W Charger
HP Compaq Presario C300 C500 C700 Laptop 65W Charger
Offered by power4laptop
Price: 4.71

5.0 out of 5 stars Great price, 1 Jun 2014
So relieved to find an affordable replacement as I keep breaking them! These have two parts, the wall plug and adapter, then another lead that goes from the adapter to the lap top; I keep breaking the plug that goes into the lap top, so the adapter and plug end was ok - just as well as they only sent the lead that goes into the computer, but I was happy with that as it meant less waste and didn't have to throw away the perfectly good adapter. Might be worth checking if you need the whole unit.

10 x Long Handled Plain Cotton Bag 38cm x 42cm - Ideal For Fabric Painting
10 x Long Handled Plain Cotton Bag 38cm x 42cm - Ideal For Fabric Painting
Offered by Legendary Leisurewear
Price: 7.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, 1 Jun 2014
Very happy with these, we put designs on them with iron on T- shirt transfers and they worked very well.

Aladdin 0.7 Litre Clarity Clean and Clever Water Bottle, Green
Aladdin 0.7 Litre Clarity Clean and Clever Water Bottle, Green
Offered by KG Homewares
Price: 12.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Leaks, 1 Jun 2014
I have four of these - bought two as and got two as a present - they all leak quite badly from the drinking cap, which is never really secure no matter how much you thump it down, so I don't use them any more. I was excited to see BPA bottles and got carried away buying them for taking water and smoothies to work, but unless they are upright at all times they are fairly useless. I am wondering what on earth to do with them as they were quite expensive.

Cooks Original Chinese Curry Sauce Concentrate - 405g
Cooks Original Chinese Curry Sauce Concentrate - 405g
Offered by Tradewinds Oriental Shop
Price: 2.04

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth it., 9 Mar 2014
Yes, you can buy this stuff a lot cheaper if you are near a big town or city - I used to be but I now live on the edge of nowhere and it would cost me 10 in petrol just to fetch some, so I am very, very happy it's available online. I love making my own takeaway style curry, only a bit healthier with tons of vegetables and less fat.

2014 Create Your Amazing Year in Life & Business Workbook
2014 Create Your Amazing Year in Life & Business Workbook
by Leonie Dawson

5.0 out of 5 stars Converted Skeptic, 9 Mar 2014
This popped up on my Facebook page - I looked at it for ages before buying - put off by the price and the girly hippy-dippy-ish look.(I am a bit that way but don't like this kind of imagery much) I wondered how on earth it could help, but I was desperate for anything that might help me move forward and not have another year of Groundhog Days. I clicked 'order' expecting to feel that ripped off and gullible feeling when it arrived.
I did roll my eyes a little bit when flicking through, it looked insubstantial and shallow; I reluctantly started to fill in a few boxes.
And that is where things changed, because although it all looks really simple, I KNOW I wouldn't have been able to focus enough on my own to get all my thoughts out on paper. The more I wrote the more it became clear what I needed to do. I haven't even finished and it's March, however, I have taken action on the things I have written down.
On '100 things to do this year' I wrote down 'fly in a plane' - I am claustrophobic and have not flown for 20 years. I am now booked on a Fear of Flying course at the end of this month!!!! I have also been taking massive action to overcome my phobia. I honestly don't think I would have done this if I hadn't written it down, and I don't think it would have worked to write it in my diary - I know because I have done this before - I think putting it on a proper page, in a book made the difference.
I keep going back to the book to review things, but there is still loads I haven't filled in because I have been getting jobs done I have procrastinated on for ages. I will do some more, but even if I don't I am happy I bought it and for the changes it has helped me focus on so far.
I know I will buy this again next year, even though for a while I will try to wriggle out of it by thinking I can just do sheets myself based on this years book! It's totally worth it, especially if you hate linear, dry business type plans.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3