Profile for D.I.Nurney > Reviews

Content by D.I.Nurney

D.I.Nurney

A Birder's Guide to the Rio Grande Valley (Lane/Aba Birdfinding Guide.)
A Birder's Guide to the Rio Grande Valley (Lane/Aba Birdfinding Guide.)
by Harold R. Holt

4.0 out of 5 stars It's well laid out with good instructions and lists of likely birds for each location- ..., 16 Aug 2014
Ok so this book is a bit old ( 1999) but most of the sites are still there. I haven't visited the whole of the area covered by the book - which is why I bought the book in the first place - however the areas I DO know are covered well. It's well laid out with good instructions and lists of likely birds for each location- in short it's as good as the others in the series .

Rare Birds of North America
Rare Birds of North America
by Steve N. G. Howell

5.0 out of 5 stars Rare Birds of North America, 7 Mar 2014
Superlative illustrations - Great text- Not really portable in the field but handy for Attu and serious US birders CANNOT be without this.

When the complete Birds of North America comes out it will be a case of Roll over National Geographic and tell Dave Sibley the news.

D

Birds of Arizona Field Guide (Our Nature Field Guides)
Birds of Arizona Field Guide (Our Nature Field Guides)
by Stan Tekiela

4.0 out of 5 stars Birds of Arizona Field Guide, 7 Mar 2014
For what it purports to be this is excellent, It covers the commonest 150 or so birds you are likely to see in the state. The order is by colour- you see a yellow bird, you open the yellow section. That does mean that different sexes of the same bird appear in different sections. Handy for boning up before leaving Britain or showing first time visitors to USA what to expect. The one disappointing thing is the Bird topography diagram.

I bought the California version after seeing this.

D