Profile for Gord > Reviews

Gord

Logitech Wireless Desktop MK710  - UK layout
Logitech Wireless Desktop MK710 - UK layout

4.0 out of 5 stars Good bit of kit, 10 Mar. 2014
I 've had this wireless setup for a while now and both mouse and keyboard take a hammering from my two young sons. Bashing, dropping, food, drink, you name it. Both are still going strong. Best feature is if you take the keyboard apart you can wash it in the sink, and I've had to, believe me! Misses out on 5 stars as the keys are a bit too springy for my liking. Sort of chunky, if that makes sense.

Training Kit (Exam 70-462): Administering Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Databases
Training Kit (Exam 70-462): Administering Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Databases
by Orin Thomas

4.0 out of 5 stars Results speak for themselves, 10 Mar. 2014
To be honest I don't remember a lot about the book as I passed the test about a year ago. Point being, I passed the test about a year ago.

Training Kit (Exam 70-461): Querying Microsoft SQL Server 2012
Training Kit (Exam 70-461): Querying Microsoft SQL Server 2012
by Itzik Ben-Gan

4.0 out of 5 stars Results speak for themselves, 10 Mar. 2014
I passed the exam first time using this as my main resource.
Itzik Ben-Gan also provides some very clever code snippets in this text. Stuff on recursive CTE's springs to mind.

Training Kit (Exam 70-463): Implementing a Data Warehouse with Microsoft SQL Server 2012
by Dejan Sarka

4.0 out of 5 stars Not great, but not bad either, 10 Mar. 2014
I have read a lot of criticism about this book, and some of it is deserved, some not. There is a large Errata published online, of which I have contributed to myself. I recommend you review this first and update the book where necessary before you begin the exercises. It will save you a lot of heartache. While this shouldn't be necessary, you will not find a better one stop shop for learning the required exam content. This book was my main resource and coupled with the practice test questions on the companion CD, I still believe you are getting good value for money. As results always speak louder than words, can tell you that I passed the exam easily the second time round. The first failed attempt was not a reflection on the book or CD.

Sennheiser RS 170 Closed Digital Wireless Over-Ear Headphone
Sennheiser RS 170 Closed Digital Wireless Over-Ear Headphone

4.0 out of 5 stars Great quality, 22 Jan. 2011
This is an excellent piece of kit in terms of the sound quality. Build quality seems fine and they're comfortable enough to wear. My one gripe is the size of the buttons on the headset. They are too small and I often have trouble adjusting the sound when wearing the headset. And what brainiac decided to put the off button between the volume controls? Hence 4 stars. Otherwise, a fine product.