Profile for hardatwork > Reviews

Content by hardatwork

hardatwork (uk)

Page: 1 | 2
SleepGuard® CE approved snore mouthpiece complete with anti-bacterial case and plastic spatula.
Offered by UK Innovations GP Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars effective, 12 May 2014
As some other reviewers have said, wearing this device through the night takes some getting used to. But even in just fitting it you can feel how it works to inhibit snoring. If you're still looking for a solution, this is definitely worth a try.

Samsung M2022W A4 Printer Xpress Mono Wireless Laser Printer
Samsung M2022W A4 Printer Xpress Mono Wireless Laser Printer

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent so far, 16 Dec 2013
I bought this a bit nervously on the back of a frustrating experience with my Samsung CLP-325W Colour Laser Printer (Wireless), a similarly-styled machine, which I find keeps dropping out of wireless contact and has rather poor print quality.

But in this recent addition to their range Samsung really seem to have pulled their socks up. Although I've had it for only a few days, I'm posting this report now as I am so impressed with it, and there is as yet no other review here.

The M2022W is a seriously light and compact printer, ideal for the snuggest home workspace. The design is very clean and attractive. The build is a little flimsy in places, such as the paper feed tray which is just a hinged flap, but if like me you're not figuring on using the machine as a football you should be able to live with this.

For me the big things are, and in each case by contrast with my CLP-325W:

(a) it is very easy to set up. The hardcopy instructions and cd installation program are clear and straightforward. Introducing the printer to your wireless network requires just a few clicks, from a PC/laptop connected either wirelessly or via USB. Once it's on the network, you can easily set up communication from other computers, again wirelessly, including iPad etc via Airprint.

(b) it stays in reliable wireless contact. So far it hasn't dropped out once, and shows no signs of doing so. (In fact the accompanying 'Easy Printer Manager' application also recognises and manages separately my CLP-325W, and for some reason seems to find it more readily than does its own software.)

(c) the print quality is excellent. There is also a toner-saving 'eco' option producing a less intense black, but still very sharp and good-looking.

For this kind of product users' experiences can vary, and I expect reviews will appear reflecting this. If my own experience changes then I'll update this review. So far, though, I'm really pleased with this printer and would thoroughly recommend it.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 24, 2014 9:48 AM GMT

Belkin N300 Universal Dual Band Wi-Fi Range Extender/Wireless Signal Booster (Easy Setup, WPS Function, Ethernet Port) - Wall Plug Mounted
Offered by BESTBUYIT

5.0 out of 5 stars simple setup and faultless performance so far, 26 Sep 2013
I installed the N300 range extender to relay the signal from a Belkin N150 modem-router.

The setup instructions were clear and the setup itself was very simple and quick - took around one minute.

I located the extender near a part of the house in which the signal from the router is weak. But in fact I now get a strong signal from the extender itself in all parts of the house.

I had no problem connecting straight through, via the extender, to the wireless printer which was already part of my network.

Another reviewer (Dave M) suggests removing the _xt suffix from the default SSID of the extender, to make it identical to your base router's SSID. This seemed like a neat idea to me, so I did it when setting up. But afterwards I decided against, and restored the suffix (which was very easy to do). The reason was that, with my Windows 7 at least, the computer automatically connects to whichever is the stronger signal of the two, regardless of the SSID, and the advantage of having a distinct SSID for the extender is that you can then see, in the network list, which you are connected to. If the router and extender have identical SSIDs then only one network name shows up in the list, leaving you with no way of knowing (as far as I can see) which one you're connected to.

Live On Air
Live On Air

4.0 out of 5 stars great album, but no performance info at all, 27 Jun 2013
This review is from: Live On Air (Audio CD)
As others have said, this is a great set of early (pre-Flaco) material, performed brilliantly of course, and recorded/remixed with stunning clarity and presence.
But there is absolutely no accompanying information about the performance or backing performers. You have to look around on the net (or at other reviews here) to get any info on this. Somewhat ironically (given that "This CD is unauthorized and is not associated or approved in any way by Ry Cooder or his past or present management"), the insert is dominated by a prominent copyright warning.

Kitchen Craft Master Class Deluxe Professional Cook's Blowtorch
Kitchen Craft Master Class Deluxe Professional Cook's Blowtorch

1.0 out of 5 stars duff product, 20 Jan 2013
Exactly the same problem as several others here. On only the second use the main control knob ceased to function. Creme non-brulées all round. Useless.

Vivaldi: Concerti per Fagotto I (Concertos for Bassoon Vol. 1)
Vivaldi: Concerti per Fagotto I (Concertos for Bassoon Vol. 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars i agree with him, 15 July 2012
I just want to endorse Maurizio Cardelli's 5-star review. The playing is riveting, exciting and beautiful. The recording is dynamic, vibrant and clear. An astonishing album.

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars wrong bridge, 21 July 2011
Despite the (current) title of this print, Skeldergate Bridge is actually nowhere to be seen in it. The foreground view is of Lendal Bridge. In the background, down river, you can maybe just make out part of Ouse Bridge. Skeldergate Bridge is the next bridge beyond, and well out of sight.

BPM Black Leather Pouch Case With Microfibre Interior For Nokia X6, N97, N86, E5-00, E6-00, E72, C3, C5, C6, C7, 5230, 5235, 5800, N8, 500, 700
Offered by BPM UK LTD

4.0 out of 5 stars just the job for my X6, 12 Jan 2011
From the description and reviews I expected this to be a bit too wide for my nokia X6. But I thought it was worth a punt at the price. I'm glad I did. It's a nice fit - not too tight and not too loose. Laid flat, the usable internal width (between the seams) is about 69mm. So if you measure the cross-section of your phone (my x6 is 50mm by 14mm) you can maybe get a good idea as to whether it will fit ok.

The pouch is a nice supple leather. Not sure if the lining really is microfibre in the usual sense - it seems more like a sort of fine faux velvet as another reviewer says. The whole thing is simple, elegant, works well and adds very little to the phone in terms of size or weight, which for me is important.

Cabin Max Backpack Flight Approved Carry On Bag Massive 44 litre Travel Hand Luggage 55x40x20 cm - Metz Black
Offered by Home & Travel

4.0 out of 5 stars excellent for the price, 17 May 2010
Strange how difficult it is to find bags designed to maximise capacity within the current normal cabin baggage size constraints, which is exactly what this bag does. The single main compartment is simple and large. It can comfortably take, for example as I just did for a 4-day trip: one pair of shoes, four shirts, sweater, one pair trousers, underclothes, washbag, laptop (+ usual bits) and a book. There is a large outside pocket which can take a reasonably-full A4 folder and has additional divided pockets within it.
Materials and construction are very good. The carrying handle on the top could have been more comfortable, i.e. with a little more padding. And I would have preferred an additional carrying handle on the side rather than the rucksack-style back straps. For those reasons I give it only 4 stars rather than 5. But otherwise this bag is excellent, especially for the price.

Carrying bag for two microphone stands
Carrying bag for two microphone stands

4.0 out of 5 stars does the job for me too, 21 April 2010
I bought this in the confident hope that it would comfortably take my three mic stands (each tripod, with boom). And it does. There are inner liners only for two stands but of course that's ok, as once inside the outer case all three stands are in effect protected from each other.
The obvious alternative is the Warwick 'Rockbag' Warwick microphone stands holdall bag RB25580B but I figured that at 115cm long that was a more suitable size for my speaker stands, which it is. This QTX bag is 105cm long with a roughly circular cross section approx 16cm diameter. The materials and construction both appear less sturdy than the Warwick bag, but seem strong enough so far. In terms of capacity I think it might even take four stands at a tight squeeze, but probably not advisable in terms of the weight.

Page: 1 | 2