Profile for C. Edwardes > Reviews

Content by C. Edwardes

C. Edwardes "dinghymadC" (Wiltshire)

Philips HQ7390/17 Williams F1 Mains Rechargeable Shaver
Philips HQ7390/17 Williams F1 Mains Rechargeable Shaver

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 8 Jan 2011
Excellent product. Not quite as good as a wet shave according to the girl being kissed but unless this is your priority :-) it does the job without all the fag of wet shaving. Excellent fast delivery safe packaging etc.

Introduction to Massage Therapy: AND Real Bodywork (LWW Massage Therapy and  Bodywork Educational Series)
Introduction to Massage Therapy: AND Real Bodywork (LWW Massage Therapy and Bodywork Educational Series)
by Mary Beth Braun

2.0 out of 5 stars Very heavy!!, 27 Feb 2009
Oh dear! This really is a text book. Really regret buying this book as its totally unsuitable for me as a non-professional learning amateur. Maybe it would suit someone taking it up as a career but it sure is heavy reading. Have bought the Mel Cash book which I found a million times more helpful and very easy to read. Slogged my way through about 30 pages of this one and then gave up happily to read the Cash book and not sure I'll ever go back to it. The DVDs are good however but should have just bought similar without the book. Felt quite put off massage as a whole experience as all the dire warnings make you feel like you'll injure/kill someone. The Cash books gives you warnings but lets you feel its ok to try with caution and knowledge. However, if what you are looking for is a serious textbook stuffed full of detailed information then this may suit you.

Sport & Remedial Massage Therapy
Sport & Remedial Massage Therapy
by Mel Cash

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy learning book, 27 Feb 2009
What a great book. Had ordered another massage text beforehand and was put off within the first few pages. I am not a student trying to become a professional, just someone keen to learn how to massage friends and partner without doing any damage. Am half way through the book and stunned how easily I am learning and how clearly the author is explaining everything. Hadnt realised before this book how it is possible to do real damage if you do things incorrectly so really glad Im reading it. He tells you all you need to know without bogging you down from the start with long words that its unlikely that I need to learn - but at the same time leading me along a route that encourages me to want to learn them! This really is a book for trainee professionals and amateurs alike. Pictures very clear and helpful. And cheap at the price!!

Ravensburger The World on V-Stand 3D, 540 piece Puzzle
Ravensburger The World on V-Stand 3D, 540 piece Puzzle

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely brilliant. Buy it immediately for great fun and learning, 27 Feb 2009
Despite the rather mediocre and negative reviews bought this jigsaw and have found it my best buy in absolutely ages. Absolutely brilliant. The globe with the metal display is better than the tray one though the tray is included with the metal one for you to construct it on. Tray a bit shallow to permanently display so glad I bought this one. I bought it predominently to learn where everywhere is in the world and it has answered this requirement and more. Because it takes you a while to find the correct piece it imprints the location and which country. Because I dont use it as a jigsaw but as a learning device I have cheated using the fantastically useful numbers on the back and have put the "sea" areas together using the numbers. Also I have grouped all the pieces into their "100's" so dont waste endless time hunting. Just long enough to let the info sink in but not frustrating enough to forget. So you could just ignore the numbers and use it as a proper jigsaw or cheat a bit and learn countries and whereabouts. As for quality of pieces and design cant fault it. The pieces fit together well and whilst the writing a bit small (definitely need my glasses and good light) they are legible enough. A robust object and can visualise this being built and taken apart and built again many times - until I know where all my countries are anyway! Im 47 and a useful learning tool for me and I suspect for all except very small children. More a tool than a toy but still great fun nevertheless. I think everyone should have one!