Profile for Mr. G. M. Detisi > Reviews

Content by Mr. G. M. Detisi

Mr. G. M. Detisi "Greg De Tisi" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Let's Get Killed
Let's Get Killed
Offered by Leisurezone

5.0 out of 5 stars 5/5, 26 April 2015
This review is from: Let's Get Killed (Audio CD)
5/5. Love this cd. I am keen on a great deal of his work and some not so keen but this one has classics like Rodney yates on and others which makes it one of his finest cd's I believe. Very dark in places and nice use of street scene audio samples all together a great album. David Holmes has done alot of work in movies and you may like his work with the Ocean 11 movie or with Out of Sight. He has many albums aswell so I am sure that there is something that would work. For me it's this one.

Boulevard
Boulevard

5.0 out of 5 stars True appreciation, 26 April 2015
This review is from: Boulevard (Audio CD)
Some long assed tunes on here but they are worth it. Deep dubby, jazzy, housey it's fine. When I first bought it I was thinking jees how long does this track go on for, and then I smiply learned to lay back and be a part of it and when I let go of the panic to hear the end I embraced the quality and message of the sounds. Now I truly appreciate it.

Tourist
Tourist
Offered by Direct Entertainment UK

5.0 out of 5 stars A GREAT FAN!, 26 April 2015
This review is from: Tourist (Audio CD)
LOve it. And some great remixes here also. If you liked 'Boulevard' by St Germain you will probably digg this modern Jazz fusion. This guy knows his Jazz and knos how to manipulate the sounds of old into contemporary coolness with various tempo's.

In The Moment
In The Moment

5.0 out of 5 stars OM's FINEST, 26 April 2015
This review is from: In The Moment (Audio CD)
Very well put together from one of OM's biggest artists. This guy is a great talent and has a sound which surpasses many other artists. I don't know if not many people know of this yet but in my opinion it is a true masterpiece. To be honest I wasn't expecting quite what I heard although I had heard various Kaskade tunes and quite liked them he has much more in the bag I can tell you.

Big World Small World
Big World Small World
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars BIG SOUND, 26 April 2015
This review is from: Big World Small World (Audio CD)
The sound of a by gone dub era. Everytime I play this I am in a festival somehwhere drinking a can of warm beer holding a joint and smiling from ear to ear. Some truly lovely undergroundness here and being from Bristol has that kind of raw dub sound which I have always adored. Some firey tempos and some great vocals aswell it is a resounding 5/5.

Masterclass 01 (Mixed And Compiled By Mousse T)
Masterclass 01 (Mixed And Compiled By Mousse T)
Offered by Direct-Offers-UK-FBA

5.0 out of 5 stars T For TIGHT TUNES!, 26 April 2015
Never really bought much by Mousse T but came across this for £1 and liked the look of some of the tracks. Having played both cd's it is pretty darn accomplished I must say. Nice cd design too. CD1 funy assed slash minimalfunk sound CD2 slightly harder and melodic. All in all as a house music lover I highly recommend this cd. Great work Mousse!

Out of Season
Out of Season

5.0 out of 5 stars EMOTIONAL, 26 April 2015
This review is from: Out of Season (Audio CD)
This album expresses Beth's voice so well, and the production is outstanding. This has those soul aching vunerable vocals that we all know so well from Beth's Portishead days. A beautifully emotional cd.

The K&D Sessions
The K&D Sessions

5.0 out of 5 stars K&D AT THEIR FINEST, 26 April 2015
This review is from: The K&D Sessions (Audio CD)
I loved the K&D IK7 cd so much I played it hundreds of times as it had such great tracks and it was mixed so well kind of like the perfect mix tape, and so when I got this I had a feeling it would be another fine selection of smoking based dubby sounds and it was. Just as deep, just as cool, just as underground. If you liked the IK7 mix get this. You will be playing this baby just as much.

Ma Fleur
Ma Fleur

5.0 out of 5 stars UNIQUE GENTLE AND WELL WRITTEN, 26 April 2015
This review is from: Ma Fleur (Audio CD)
Gentle, well written and warming music for the autumn and winter lazy days and nights. I think that the C O stand out so well because they have an understated unique beauty to their sound which to me stands out beyond so much typical sounding chillout.

Making Bones
Making Bones
Offered by westworld-

5.0 out of 5 stars ROOTSY BREAKS, 26 April 2015
This review is from: Making Bones (Audio CD)
Always been a big fan of Red Snapper and this has that lovely 90's dark and rootsy feel that would have sounded good in a club in Bristol playing alongside Smith and Mighty or Pressure drop. Sounds like these mapped the way for the truly great 90's underground sounds that the UK can be proud of.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20