ARRAY(0xac47d510)

Constant Craving: What Your Food Cravings Mean and How to Overcome Them
by Doreen Virtue PhD
Price: 7.69

4.0 out of 5 stars Emotional Eating, 31 Jan 2014
I've had this book for years, I enjoyed reading it quite some time ago and have recently come back to re-read it, because a lot of new books are coming out on the market that address emotional eating. We all know emotions and eating certain foods are linked, for those of us who like to self-soothe with food, it's a given. However this book does address the specific cravings and what they mean, I'm not sure if all of them ring completely true for absolutely everyone, or I would have given the book five stars, but still, it is a very worthwhile read if you are unable to identify the feelings that you are having, which is surprisingly more common than one would think. It's not going to change your life on it's own, but if you can identify the cravings and the emotions linked then it is easier to do something about it. By making our lives more fulfilling in a different manner, rather than using food we can re-route those cravings for actual life satisfaction rather than food. So I think this book certainly holds a lot of useful information and is worth reading if you need to deal with some emotional eating.

Heal Your Body A-Z: The Mental Causes for Physical Illness and the Way to Overcome Them (A--Z Books)
by Louise Hay
Price: 5.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this book, love Louise Hay!, 25 Jan 2014
I bought this book years ago, and I have to say, it is probably best in physical form, as it's good to be able to flick through so that pages catch your eye, rather than kindle format where you can't appreciate it as much. Louise Hay comes from a Christian science background, which is where her ideas in personal beliefs and the physical representations of them are rooted. I am not of that ilk, however I really do believe that your personal attitudes, mentality and stresses will make themselves known to you via your body through illnesses, pain or diseases.
Anyone I have shown this to, when they are suffering from an illness, has been shocked at how true it is. I always refer back to it to help me get in touch with my body and understand myself better. I don't use it to replace the doctors, but I do think it's great to help view your mind and your body as a whole, and that includes your emotional world as well. It's such a lovely book, easy to flick through and it gives affirmations you can use to help change your mindset, and I personally believe this to be of great use. Plenty of people may not agree, but as we know the placebo effect is real; so I don't see how positive affirmations coupled with the true belief in them cannot be of benefit to people in the same way. Love it!

Chia Bia Milled Seed 315 g
Chia Bia Milled Seed 315 g
Price: 9.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for you?!, 11 Sep 2012
Ok, chia seeds, 'super food'. I use it milled with hemp protein for home made protein shakes. Not really looked at the nutritional info before, it's a seed, it's got to be good for me right? Omega 3's and 6, all good for you, branded as a super food. Can't be that bad for me. It does have 'better' fat in it, but don't forget, this stuff, gram for gram will contain as many calories as 70% dark chocolate. A serving of 15g will provide 79 calories, it's not something I noticed before, but that's pretty high. Other than that it adds texture and thickens up a shake, it doesn't taste bad and the product itself is well packaged and good quality. Don't forget the hidden calories though!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 17, 2012 8:12 AM BST

Philips HR1378 Cordless Aluminium Hand Blender
Philips HR1378 Cordless Aluminium Hand Blender

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Cordless Blender!, 9 Mar 2011
I really like this blender, I have had it for over six months and it only needs charging every few weeks, and I use it almost every day. It's great to be cord free and fits neatly in the kitchen on its charger. Chopping attachments are an added bonus, they do the job very fast. Well worth it if you need a new blender and I dont have any problems with the charging connection.

Overcoming Fears: Affirmations and Meditation Creating Safety for You and Your World
by Louise Hay
Edition: Audio CD
Price: 7.62

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant..., 14 Oct 2006
I got this CD thinking, "ah well, might as well give it a try". After listening for just a few days I noticed a difference in my attitude and have since bought a few more of her CD's. They actually work. I really recommend, that if you are a bit down in the dumps, not getting on with life how you'd like and if fear is stopping yourself from doing the things that make you happy, get this CD. I don't really listen to every word, infact my alarm will play it in the morning while I'm waking up.

I also recommend the Paul Mckenna CD's/Books, for confidence/changing your life and Louise L. Hay 101 power thoughts and her self esteem CD as well. They're good because you can just listen to them in the back ground while relaxing or doing chores and you can still notice the difference. Not only that, but while you change your thinking and attitude towards life you'll notice people are a lot more receptive to you and in turn you'll feel respected and understood. Making life all the better for you. Worth every penny.... after all they've helped me become more confident in my study and I've asked for a pay rise at work :)
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 29, 2009 1:00 PM BST