Profile for Mr. P. Rose > Reviews

Content by Mr. P. Rose

Mr. P. Rose "Phil Rose" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2
HEADLAMP BEAM CONVERTERS + GB STICKER
HEADLAMP BEAM CONVERTERS + GB STICKER

1.0 out of 5 stars lost in France!, 4 Dec 2013
I note that the majority of reviews are positive but my experience considerably less than. Headlamp fully prepared and dry and converters applied under cover and in 'optimum' conditions. The adhesive was 'patchy' on both, with significant areas around the edge where the adhesive was missing. One I removed immediately as it was clear that if wasn't going to stay put, the other I gave a go; my mistake! Subsequently missing in action at next stop. As I say, lots of other people have had a good experience but mine was very poor and on the basis of MY personal experience, I would avoid in future.

Dualit NX Lungo Americano Nespresso Concept Compatible - Pack 10
Dualit NX Lungo Americano Nespresso Concept Compatible - Pack 10
Offered by Selectric London Limited

1.0 out of 5 stars Not a patch on the genuine article, 28 July 2013
I have had a nespresso coffee maker for some time and welcomed the chance to try some different capsules, not because I don't like the originals (because I do) but for the convenience of being able to buy these off the shelf at Sainsburys (£2.50 for 10). I can only recommend that you avoid, unless the small ish difference in price is that important to you or your financial situation. The lungo capsules are not a patch on any of the genuine Nespresso lungo coffees. The dualit lacks any 'depth' and are bordering on insipid. Avoid? Try it and see for yourself. Convenient from the supermarket shelf, but otherwise very poor.

Huawei Wi-Fi Repeater
Huawei Wi-Fi Repeater

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic piece of kit, 19 Jun 2013
This review is from: Huawei Wi-Fi Repeater (Accessory)
What a fab piece of kit. I don't have WPS pairing button so followed so advice in P S Briggs review (rather than the rather convoluted instructions that came with it!) and BINGO - sorted in no time using the wife's ipad to make the initial connection and then moved to socket about half way between router and furthest point. Bonser! My wife can now happily stream TV such as BBC iPlayer where she couldn't before even connect to WWW. Have I created a monster? Highly recommended, usual great Amazon service, sensible price and so far very very happy with performance.

TSSS® Mixed Red & Green stage lighting Light Projector Spotlight Sound/ Music Active DJ Equipment for Disco Lights Club Party, 24 months warranty,Black
Offered by Kingway

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab - very pleased with result, 24 Nov 2012
Great VFM. Difficult to fault. We are delighted with this and friends admire the show. The tripod is a wee bit naff and the power lead could be longer but neither significantly detracts from the overall performance and value. Go for it.

Roughneck 65662 Splitting Maul 8lb F/glass Handle
Roughneck 65662 Splitting Maul 8lb F/glass Handle

5.0 out of 5 stars Works perfectly well, 24 Nov 2012
I am surprised by the negative reviews. I have been splitting wood for years and I had to replace my previous maul. This is NOT an axe as some have described it. This maul splits wood easily and generally 'effortlessly'. Let the maul do the work, not you. If you have a particularly hard, or large piece of wood, then I highly recommend using a wood grenade. I have yet to be beaten by a combination of these 2 items; and trust me, I have split a LOT of woods of all types, oak, ash, apple, poplar, thorn, alder etc etc

Frio Insulin Wallet Duopen Red
Frio Insulin Wallet Duopen Red
Offered by Owen Mumford Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Second one, works perfectly, 24 Nov 2012
I have used these for a couple of years. Easy to use, works perfectly and very simple to 'regenerate', simply soak in water for about 5 or 6 minutes. Definitely recommend.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice sink but ................, 18 Oct 2012
This is actually a real nice sink and the delivery was pretty quick and well organised with an e mail to inform of date of delivery. On the less positive side of things, there is no cutting template provided, so you have to try and create one from scratch, not impossible but fiddly all the same. My understanding is that these are generally included with similar sinks as 'standard'. The other thing is that due to the way the sink had been made, the rear edge of the sink really needs to sit flush against the wall and you should also note, the rear face of this is NOT glazed.

Now here is the thing. You are actively encouraged to withdraw any feedback on their website that isn't (I am guessing) either 4 or 5 stars. In fairness they read and try and address your feedback/comments first but you then get a pop up window that requests you to withdraw your score/feedback. I gave 3 as here.

Einhell BG-EC 1840 Electric Chainsaw
Einhell BG-EC 1840 Electric Chainsaw
Offered by Big Red Toolbox

5.0 out of 5 stars Difficult to fault, 2 Oct 2012
I bought this to replace my B&D. I hadn't previously had experience of this make, but it is well established. Assembly out of the box was easy enough, I actually prefer the chain tensioning method on this machine rather than the 'tooless' B&D. Tensioning is more positive and controllable. There is a long heavy duty power lead. The chain brake is impressive - you release the trigger and the chain stops - instantly. Great touch. I haven't had a kick back so far but have manually tested the kick back protection, again very quick. Cutting performance is impressive, I have cut logs of all shapes and sizes, ash, oak, hawthorn and elder, all cut easily. My onnly niggle is that the oil reservoir isn't as transparent as my B&D and therefore easy to overfill, and/or the reservoir volume is smaller. Happy to recommend.

SAMSUNG i5700 GALAXY LCD SCREEN GUARD
SAMSUNG i5700 GALAXY LCD SCREEN GUARD

5.0 out of 5 stars As it says on the tin!, 3 July 2010
Not much I can say really. I managed to fit this one very easily first time, with no bubbles. It has already saved ny screen from damage and I am happy to buy another protector when the time comes. Sensitivity dosn't seem to be affected. Thumbs up!

BLACK SILICONE SKIN CASE FOR SAMSUNG i5700 GALAXY LITE BY CELLAPOD CASES
BLACK SILICONE SKIN CASE FOR SAMSUNG i5700 GALAXY LITE BY CELLAPOD CASES

3.0 out of 5 stars Can't really knock it for the money!, 3 July 2010
As the titles says, I can't really knock it too hard for the money. I am not sure if this is a Cellapod case (whatever one of those is!) as this was not identified on the packaging. It looks very generic to me. I don't really find it bulky, but as others have said it really needs to be a tighter fit as it does tend to come off in your pocket very easily. It's quite 'natty' though and I feel that it does provide my phone with protection especially if used with a screen protector.

Page: 1 | 2