Profile for David C > Reviews

Content by David C

David C

Graveyard Shift (Lana Harvey, Reapers Inc. Book 1)
Graveyard Shift (Lana Harvey, Reapers Inc. Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Good Read, 7 Jun 2014
I really enjoyed the book. It is witty and imaginative. I couldn't put it down and the time just flew past.

My only criticism is that I felt it could do with some editing, hence why it loses one star. It won't stop me reading the next book in the series.

The Special One: The Dark Side of Jose Mourinho
The Special One: The Dark Side of Jose Mourinho

5.0 out of 5 stars I never realised..., 10 May 2014
What a very complex man Mourinho is. I am sure not everything is as clear cut as the author would have us believe, but the essence of his dark side is there for all to see. Who would have thought Arsenal have him to thank for the talent that is Özil!

An excellent read. I recommend it.

Burial Rites
Burial Rites

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent book, 1 May 2014
This review is from: Burial Rites (Kindle Edition)
I found this book, this story, to be excellent. It is well written and holds the attention of the reader throughout. It deserves all of the accolades it receives.

The Heart of Haiku (Kindle Single)
The Heart of Haiku (Kindle Single)

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent study, 29 Dec 2013
Enjoyed this book very much. A very good introduction on many levels that illumines a beautiful subject in a wise and erudite manner.

A Reason To Kill (DI Matt Barnes Book 1)
A Reason To Kill (DI Matt Barnes Book 1)

2.0 out of 5 stars I just ran out of patience, 20 Nov 2013
I managed to get half way through and gave up. It's funny what gets to you when you read a book. The first thing was the use of the word 'perp', then it was the phrase 'on the rocks' and then there were the increasing references to American gangsters.

I am afraid Mr Kerr is no Peter May – read the Lewis trilogy – and I am afraid my benchmark for a good crime story is higher than he can reach at present. Perhaps he will evolve into something better, but it will be without me in the interim.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 9, 2013 8:38 PM GMT

E-Squared: Nine Do-It-Yourself Energy Experiments That Prove Your Thoughts Create Your Reality

5.0 out of 5 stars Clear, concise and an excellent reminder of our true ability, 5 Sep 2013
An excellent book that I have encouraged friends to buy – we don't have the 'gift facility' for Kindle in the UK.

Raven Black (Shetland Book 1)
Raven Black (Shetland Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good read, 27 April 2013
It would have needed to be outstanding to receive five stars, but I enjoyed the book very much. A good pace about it. I will definitely read more by Ms Cleeves

The Great Bazaar and Brayan's Gold: Stories from The Demon Cycle series
The Great Bazaar and Brayan's Gold: Stories from The Demon Cycle series

2.0 out of 5 stars Very disapppointed, 10 Mar 2012
In my opinion this adds nothing to the books. I felt very let down. A part of me thinks these were just sections of the book(s) that were edited out and it seemed a way of making some money from them. I couldn't recommend you buy them. The proper books are great though!!

Kingston Technology DataTraveler G3 16GB USB Flash Drive - Blue
Kingston Technology DataTraveler G3 16GB USB Flash Drive - Blue
Offered by Locoisle777

3.0 out of 5 stars Does its job, but a bit big round the middle!, 27 April 2011
As a pen drive this is fine, but when I place it into my Apple Mac keyboard it needs some encouragement and tends to lift the keyboard a little. There are better Kingston drives out there.

Amazon Kindle Keyboard Leather Cover, Steel Blue (only fits Kindle Keyboard)
Amazon Kindle Keyboard Leather Cover, Steel Blue (only fits Kindle Keyboard)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, but too expensive, 20 Sep 2010
I have to wait for my new Kindle to arrive to make sure it works well within its new book cover style jacket, but my first impressions are that this is very nice, sturdy and well made. However, it is WAY over priced. Half the cost and it is value for money. Come on Amazon!