Profile for martin > Reviews

Content by martin

martin "sweetoldworld" (Lincoln, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
EC Technology 3.Gen 12000 mAh External Battery with AUTO IC for Smartphones Black & Red

5.0 out of 5 stars Powerful Battery Backup, 14 Jun. 2016
As the battery on my phone is 5200 mAH I needed a power bank with a decent capacity to keep it charged and these 12000 mAH ones do the job. I can charge the phone overnight and they switch off automatically when the phone is full, then I connect to a solar charger during daylight hours to recharge the power bank. With two of these I have been completely independent of mains electricity from early in May until now, the middle of June, charging up the following items: mobile phone, iPad, Kindle, mobile internet router, 2 x digital cameras, bluetooth headset and bluetooth keyboard. This means I can be away in my van for an extended period without mains hookup, saving a fortune on campsite fees but, more importantly for me, having the freedom to stop when I like on or off site and still use the electronic gadgets that make my life easier.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent boots, 14 Jan. 2016
Perfect fit, extremely comfortable from the first time I put them on. Brilliant side zip makes putting on/taking off so easy and quick

Mens Champion Brecon Country Clothing Quilted BodyWarmer Gilet Olive XL
Mens Champion Brecon Country Clothing Quilted BodyWarmer Gilet Olive XL
Offered by New Forest Clothing Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Great body warmer, 27 Oct. 2015
I've been looking for a body warmer for a while but couldn't find anything without a stand up collar until now. This one suits my requirements perfectly and is extremely comfortable, with plenty of pockets as well. Great to wear over a shirt or pullover and, as there's no bulky collar to get in the way, is easy to wear under other coats or jackets. Very pleased with this item.

Auraglow Super Bright Cordless Motion Sensor Activated PIR Sensor Outdoor Wireless Solar Power Security Light
Offered by Safield Dist. Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant lights. Literally, 27 Sept. 2015
I am very impressed with these lights. They cast a more intense, concentrated beam than my other solar PIR lights, more like a spotlight than a floodlight, so are ideal for highlighting a specific area like a doorway or bins for example. Not having any trailing wires makes them far easier to mount, the only downside to this is that the light has to face the direction of the sun, not having a separate panel which can be mounted independently, but I prefer the neatness of an all in one unit. They look great too, much like a security camera, which could deter unwanted visitors.
Comment Comment | Permalink

BTR LARGE Handlebar Bike Bag Pannier with Mobile Phone Holder with Clear PVC Screen - Water Resistant - Black
Offered by BTR Direct Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fit for 5 inch screen phone, 1 Dec. 2014
Easy to attach to handlebars, fits a Samsung Galaxy Grand Neo in the clear panel holding it securely. Brilliant idea meaning I can use phone as a sat nav while out riding as well as hear calls and texts coming in.

Gold Bond Medicated Powder 120 ml
Gold Bond Medicated Powder 120 ml
Offered by Blue Trade

5.0 out of 5 stars Gold Bond, 27 Sept. 2013
I am extremely pleased with the Gold Bond, it keeps me fresh and dry all day, even in the very warm weather we've had recently here in the UK. Highly recommended.

Eyelevel Motorsport 2 Polarised Men's Sunglasses Shiny Gun Metal One Size
Eyelevel Motorsport 2 Polarised Men's Sunglasses Shiny Gun Metal One Size

5.0 out of 5 stars Sunglasses, 7 July 2012
Needing a new pair of sunglasses for driving I thought I'd give this very reasonably priced pair a try and I wasn't disappointed. They are comfortable to wear and, being polarised, cut the glare coming off the road considerably. The brown lenses also give a far better view of what a driver needs to see than some of my previous sunglasses, which just dimmed everything including the sunshine. I was so pleased that I bought another pair for dog walking. All we need now is some decent summer weather...

Audiola WR 768 AX Portable Stereo
Audiola WR 768 AX Portable Stereo

5.0 out of 5 stars Retro Radio, 12 Mar. 2011
Occasionally I purchase an item just because it looks so good and this radio did not disappoint. As well as looking great sat on top of my fridge freezer (I wanted a radio with the controls on the front so it could be operated this high up) the sound quality is really nice. There is also a cable for connecting an iPod or similar device: my iPod works well on it, though I only have shortwave radio recordings downloaded so can't comment on how well music would come through. All in all an excellent radio if you're after a mains only receiver.

ANARCHIST COOKBOOK
ANARCHIST COOKBOOK

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic Reference, 19 Dec. 2010
For anyone interested in survival preparedness this is a classic reference book which, if the end of the world as we know it does come any time soon, could be a real life saver.

The Anarchist Cookbook has had a bad press for many years but I firmly believe that the information it contains, if used responsibly in emergency situations, could make the difference between surviving or not. Obviously there will be people who misuse the information, which accounts for the bad press but that can apply to most of the items in any survival kit.

I'm backing up all my survival literature onto my Kindle as it will fit easily in my emergency kit, unlike my bookshelves! For most survival scenarios the Kindle could be invaluable, although I guess an EMP might fry it.

Oh, don't forget a solar charger for when the power grid goes down, a Kindle library without power to run it would be... well, embarrassing!

TeckNet iPod Touch 4 Premium Flexible TPU Soft Gel Skin Case for Apple iPod Touch 4th Generation / 4th Gen - Checkers Argyle Smoke Color Design

5.0 out of 5 stars Protects well, 15 Oct. 2010
This cover protects the iPod very well at an excellent price. The instructions for applying the screen protector were useful for a "newbie" like me!

Page: 1 | 2