Profile for Hilda Gray > Reviews

Content by Hilda Gray

Hilda Gray

Fresh Powder (A Winter Romance)
Fresh Powder (A Winter Romance)

5.0 out of 5 stars Really enjoyable!, 23 Sep 2013
This is a real book to curl up with on a cold wintry afternoon with an Irish coffee! I love the way it was set on the slopes, and the two best friends, Lucy and Claire, were believable, likeable characters. It is a few years since I purchased this book at Susanne O' Leary's book launch in Dublin but I just re-read it again recently and think I enjoyed it even more the second time around. Well done, Susanne.

Hot Property (Irish romantic comedy)
Hot Property (Irish romantic comedy)

5.0 out of 5 stars Very enjoyable!, 22 Sep 2013
Just finished this great read by Susanne O' Leary. I love books with Irish settings so this was perfect. I was thrilled to get a review copy in advance. Megan is a great heroine to read about. She inherits a big old rambling house in Kerry from an uncle, much to her surprise. This story is full of twists and turns, has a good dose of wit and warmth. I can recommend to all.

The Last Goodbye
The Last Goodbye
by Caroline Finnerty

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic read!, 17 Sep 2013
This review is from: The Last Goodbye (Paperback)
This is the second book I've read by Caroline Finnerty and it certainly won't be my last. The Last Goobye is an incredible, thought-provoking read. I loved Kate's story in particular and I found myself rooting for her until the end. This is an author who will go very far. I can't wait for the next book already. Just brilliant!

In a Moment
In a Moment
by Caroline Finnerty

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!!, 17 Sep 2013
This review is from: In a Moment (Paperback)
This is such a brilliant, heart-warming read by an excellent Irish author. It's about a couple trying to save their marriage and overcome tragedy. It is emotionally written and it's a page turner. Caroline Finnerty has a beautiful way with words and is one of the top Irish authors of today.

Confessions of a Shopaholic
Confessions of a Shopaholic
by Sophie Kinsella

5.0 out of 5 stars Such a good book!, 17 Sep 2013
I've read this a few times now and each time I find it really funny. The heroine reminds me so much of me. I love all the Sophie Kinsella books but this her first one and probably my favourite one. Every girl should read it!

Avoca Salads
Avoca Salads

4.0 out of 5 stars A lovely book, 25 Jun 2012
This review is from: Avoca Salads (Paperback)
This is a lovely cookbook for those summer months. The recpies are easy to follow and quicl to prepare. The photography is also very good. Read it and dine al fresco weather permitting.

Mean Girls [DVD] [2004]
Mean Girls [DVD] [2004]
Dvd ~ Lindsay Lohan
Offered by gowingsstoreltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for teens, 25 Jun 2012
This review is from: Mean Girls [DVD] [2004] (DVD)
Watched this with my teenage neice (against my will, I may add!). She loved it but I felt I had watched it before many times as I've seen lots of similar films. Lindsey Lohan is very good in it though. I suppose I'd recommend it for teens.

That Extra Half an Inch: Hair, Heels and Everything in Between
That Extra Half an Inch: Hair, Heels and Everything in Between
by Victoria Beckham

5.0 out of 5 stars Great tips from a style icon, 11 Jun 2012
I love this book and I often refer to it when updating my own wardrobe. There are lots of useful tips here from the stylish mother and she recommends a few brands which I hadn't heard to before but I'm dlighted that I've now been introduced them too. Readable and useful,

The Essential Allotment Guide: How to Get the Best out of Your Plot
The Essential Allotment Guide: How to Get the Best out of Your Plot
by John Harrison

5.0 out of 5 stars Good book, 8 April 2012
This is a very useful book to read once you have bought an allotment, it shows you how to be resourseful with the space you have and it has plenty of useful, simple tips. Happy growing!