Profile for Getafix > Reviews

Getafix (Ireland)

Page: 1 | 2
Dymo LabelManager PnP Plug and Play Label Maker with 2 x Assorted Tapes
Dymo LabelManager PnP Plug and Play Label Maker with 2 x Assorted Tapes

4.0 out of 5 stars Better alternative to the "all-in-one" Dymo printers, 15 May 2014
I used to have a standalone Dymo printer which required 9 AA batteries and had no power plug. I often had to print at least twice before getting the desired result.

I only need to print labels occasionally but when I do, I like the simplicity of plugging this USB printer to any computer, and get a real WYSIWYG result with no mistake possible.
The box says that the printer is free, which makes sense as you receive it for the price of the 2 dymo cartridges included.

Too bad I cannot refill the D1 cartridges with my old Lettratag tapes...

Mr Scratchings Pork Snack Scratchings 50 g (Pack of 12)
Mr Scratchings Pork Snack Scratchings 50 g (Pack of 12)

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply the best!, 15 May 2014
I bought these as a cheaper alternative to the beef jerky.
Portions are generous, taste is great and consistence is ideal (some brands are way too hard).
An addictive snack for everyone. The product is also rightly priced .

Mr Scratchings Pork Snack Crackling 40 g (Pack of 12)
Mr Scratchings Pork Snack Crackling 40 g (Pack of 12)

4.0 out of 5 stars One of the best I tried, 15 May 2014
Very decent cracklings, portion is just the right size, taste is great. I will definitely come back for more .

Pub Original Pork Scratchings Card (20 packs)
Pub Original Pork Scratchings Card (20 packs)
Offered by Freshers Foods Ltd

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the finest really, 15 May 2014
Compared to other brands "Mr Scratchings" & "Mr Cracling", Pub Original Pork Scratchings comes 3rd because of its smaller and much harder pieces.

AMOVISION Professional Outdoor Wireless 720P Mini IR-Bullet ONVIF H.264 IP Camera Support P2P,Waterproof, With Night Vision-White

4.0 out of 5 stars Good outdoor HD IP camera with Onvif support, 15 May 2014
The AM-Q6320-WIFI is one of the cheapest outdoor (IP66 rated) available with 720P H264 resolution and ONVIF support.
The documentation on the Mini CD provided contains important info that are not in the rather useless printed leaflet, like which port to use with Onvif (1018, not 80), what RTSP url to use (rtsp://:554/11 , /12 , /13)

As it uses the HI3518 chipset like so many HD IPC out there, the information found in forums for Dericam and Foscam equivalent often applies to this one too.

In terms of build quality I cannot fault it. I just regret that the power cable is sooo short (~60cm)

A special mention to the manufacturer who replied quickly to my specific technical queries and firmware requests.
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 21, 2014 9:29 AM BST

Casio CDP-120 Scaled Hammer Action Contemporary Digital Piano
Casio CDP-120 Scaled Hammer Action Contemporary Digital Piano

4.0 out of 5 stars Unbeatable in its price range, 22 Jan 2014
My son is learning piano and I was looking for a keyboard that would motivate him to train at home.
His first learning keyboard Casio LK230 (good learning system but terrible sounds) was gathering dust as he preferred the sounds of my Roland E50.

However for proper piano learning, you need a full size 88-keys with hammer action keyboard and decent polyphony. If you want this to be a rewarding experience, the sound quality is also an absolute must.

From my experience, buying a Casio would be risky despite the good reviews, but I must say that the CDP120 does the job with its impressive "Grand Piano 1" sound, and a surprisingly realistic keyboard feel. Based on these two factors, I think the CDP120 is superior to the Yamaha P35 and on par with the P105 (~480£)!

A small grief however: Beside the Grand Piano 1, the 4 other sounds are of little interest in my opinion. Also the ability to use 2 sounds together is useless since their volume cannot be balanced, otherwise it would have made the Strings worth using in some cases.

If I knew that Casio could actually do such a quality product I would probably have paid an extra 70£ for the more complete CDP-220, but for the purpose of learning piano, the simplicity of the CDP-120 is perfect and won't distract you with gadgets. My son is now playing hours on his piano...and I often have to wait my turn!

If you buy this piano, do yourself a favour and buy a decent Piano Stand (Casio CS-44PC5) and a Sustain Pedal, like the M-Audio SP-2.

Decorative Chess set : Consul
Decorative Chess set : Consul

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Chess Game!, 16 Oct 2012
Until now, I've always played chess on travel games, electronic or just magnetic boards and I wanted to get something nicer for a change. Although chess remains chess, such a beautiful full-sized set definitely adds to the pleasure of playing.
It is nice enough to be left on display as a decorative object.
The overall finishing is very good and the style is classic with a discrete original 2-tones touch for the Kings and Queens. A bit expensive though.
Comment Comment | Permalink

The Universe - 7 Wonders of the Solar System in 3D (Blu-ray 3D) [Region Free]
The Universe - 7 Wonders of the Solar System in 3D (Blu-ray 3D) [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Nil

2.0 out of 5 stars Get Season 5 instead!, 26 April 2012
Thanks to another review (from "Duno"), I bought "The Universe Season 5 (with Bonus 3D Disc)" instead and for about the same price! The full product only is worth buying and watching in 2D -the documentary itself is well made and accessible to all ages- but don't waste money for this 3D disc alone!

This 3D realisation should be kept as a reference on how to fail the 3D effect consistently ! If you look for good 3D documentaries, try any of the IMAX 3D titles instead.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 9, 2012 11:01 PM BST

TP-Link TL-WR1043ND 300Mbps Wireless N 4 Gigabit Port Cable Router (USB Port for Printers, Files or Media Sharing)

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly good!, 3 Feb 2012
I was looking for the cheapest router with both Wifi-n and Gigabit Ethernet to play the role of 'supporting actor' in my lan: as an additional Wifi Access Point in fact.
The price, the reviews, and finally the convenience of being able to return it to Amazon at no cost if my choice proved wrong, convinced me to buy it.

Another insurance was the DD-WRT support in case I couldn't set the router in bridge mode with the original software (it wasn't too clear from the options in the demo interface [...]

Finally it arrived promptly after confirming the order, and was ready to run in less than 10 minutes (All it took in the end was to disable the DCHP server and set the address of the primary router as DNS, no need to flash an 3rd party firmware for that).

The coverage is excellent and the user interface very clear with a detailed help panel for every single option, explaining how and why you should use them!

Overall and excellent choice!

BILLION BIPAC 7402GXL W/L 3G/ADSL2+ ROUTER
BILLION BIPAC 7402GXL W/L 3G/ADSL2+ ROUTER

4.0 out of 5 stars Best complete 3G/ADSL modem router solution, 30 Jan 2012
I bought this router 4 years ago to use with my 3G modem. In the meantime, ADSL became available in my area and I just had to plug the line to its embedded modem.
The reliability and performance of this box have been consistent, with small bugs here and there, eventually all solved by newer firmwares. Even today, the 7402GXL is still receiving improvements (IPv6 in 2011), where most 'major' brands would stop supporting any model after one 1 year!
Another point where Billion stands out is their excellent technical support.

The only reason for not giving 5 stars is the user interface: While functional and not overly complicated, it assumes that you're an expert and provides no on-line help whatsoever, and the manual won't teach you much either.

Page: 1 | 2