Profile for Munkydog > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Quiet Nights
Quiet Nights

5.0 out of 5 stars Just wonderful, 1 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Quiet Nights (Audio CD)
My favourite Diana Krall album. Since first hearing this I have gradually been collecting her others. Very stylish, atmospheric, relaxing but not soporific. Because of this album I have been exploring Jobim and Bossa Nova. This then lead me to Nancy Wilson and on to discover many more albums. It kind of leads on like a chain, but I keep coming back to listen to this one. Wonderful

Yoga Mat Harness / Sling - Black
Yoga Mat Harness / Sling - Black
Offered by Ruth White Yoga Products

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful, 1 Sept. 2014
Simple to use and very useful.

Voyager/Time Is Slipping Away
Voyager/Time Is Slipping Away

4.0 out of 5 stars Silly name, great music, 1 Sept. 2014
The better album is the second one. Great selection of vocalists. Very eclectic selection of musical styles. Stand out tracks "I'll never forget my favourite disco" ( would have given five stars if the 12" version of this had been included ) and "The sweetest pain"

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost compression tights, 1 Sept. 2014
I have quite a lot of compression gear. These were an amazing price and that price reflects in the fact that they are good close fitting well designed workout tights but not really muscle compressing garments. The waist band is good, they are well designed but i guess you would have to pay £25 and up to get really good compression gear. Great for the price.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Sort of compression top, 1 Sept. 2014
This is a really reasonably priced top for the gym. It fits really well and feels good, it is well designed but I would not describe it as 'compression wear' it is tight fitting and looks good but I can't imagine it compresses your muscles very much. For guys who want a tight, comfortable garment that moves with you when doing sport and accentuates your body at a very good price.

Les catastrophes de Gaspard et Lisa, Tome 1 : Gaspard à Venise
Les catastrophes de Gaspard et Lisa, Tome 1 : Gaspard à Venise
by Anne Gutman
Edition: Album

5.0 out of 5 stars Irresistably Charming, 25 Oct. 2013
I came across, 'La Maison de Lisa' in Paris and was enchanted. So I bought this and it is equally as charming. All I need is some grandchildren, then I'd have a good excuse to buy all the Gaspard and Lisa books and we could study French together.

Intex Deluxe Pillow Rest Raised Air Bed Single Size inc Pump #67732
Intex Deluxe Pillow Rest Raised Air Bed Single Size inc Pump #67732
Offered by Stack 'm High Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for the price, 29 Aug. 2013
Bought this for a visitor to use who came to stay for 3 weeks. Excellent! never needed pumping up anymore after the initial inflation.
I only tested it for a few minutes when I was getting it ready - but the real user slept soundly each night and said it was very comfortable. Easy to store and made of good quality materials. Bigger than you would expect too.

The Paris Mapguide: The Essential Guide to La Vie Parisienne (Penguin Handbooks)
by Michael Middleditch
Edition: Map

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy Paris and London, 24 Jun. 2013
I have the London Mapguide and this is just as good. Light easy to carry and very detailed. Wish they did some more big cities.

Love Is The Answer
Love Is The Answer

5.0 out of 5 stars Barbra getting on, 24 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Love Is The Answer (Audio CD)
Sometimes we expect our superstar singers to just go on and on forever and we sudden remember they are really getting on. This is a quiet, mature, slow, measured album that I found a bit boring at first. I wanted Barbra to soar into huge showstoppers and then thought well she is 70ish. So I listened harder and realised how controlled and sophisticated this is and as brilliant as anything else Streisand does, just different. Not only that it is beautifully packaged and Diana Krall is involved so what more could you ask for?

Moominpappa at Sea (Moomintroll)
Moominpappa at Sea (Moomintroll)
by Kingsley Hart
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

5.0 out of 5 stars Another classic from tove Jansson, 24 Jun. 2013
I was obsessed and fascinated by 'Comet in Moominland' when I was a small child. I am now discovering all the Moomin books as an adult. Of course now I can see the real depth and appreciate them much more. They are still brilliant stories for children but there is so much going on I find I can read and reread as a 48 year old. This particular book is really rather dark and the Groke is quite disturbing but I cannot fault any Tove Jansson book, just buy and own them all.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3