Profile for TimB > Reviews

AURAGLOW 8w LED B22 Bayonet Light Bulb, Daylight Cool White, 60w EQV
AURAGLOW 8w LED B22 Bayonet Light Bulb, Daylight Cool White, 60w EQV
Offered by Safield Dist. Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Low Energy, Bright Light, 1 Feb. 2014
I needed a low energy daylight-type light for my son's desk lamp. I did think twice about buying this as it is quite expensive but the range of daylight bulbs on sale is quite limited, especially with a British (bayonet) fitting. I was attracted by the new-style of LED light, which this is.
It is the same size as a tungsten bulb (and looks no different when in the desk lamp).
It is a bright light and seems brighter than its 60W rating!
It has no warm up time, unlike the older compact fluorescents and seems a less harsh, more natural, white as well.
It should last many times longer than a compact fluorescent and so work out much cheaper overall, but with the very long predicted life of LEDs it may be 20 years before I find out.

I will certainly consider buying more when I need replacement lights, especially as 6W and 12W versions are available.

Yeoman Patio Weeder
Yeoman Patio Weeder

5.0 out of 5 stars Good replacement, 25 July 2013
Bought to replace a similar weeder that had done 12 years service. It was good to find a similar, well-designed, versatile tool.

Firewire IEEE1394B 800 to 400 9 Pin to 6 Pin Cable Lead - 2M / Black
Firewire IEEE1394B 800 to 400 9 Pin to 6 Pin Cable Lead - 2M / Black
Offered by ETechland

4.0 out of 5 stars Firewire 400 to 800, 5 Oct. 2011
This is an easy (and cost-effective) solution to connecting my Firewire 800-fitted MacBook to a 400-fitted hard drive. The 800 end is a bit stiff to fit in the port but otherwise it works fine.

Inside the Music: The Musician's Guide to Composition, Improvisation and the Mechanics of Music
by Dave Stewart

5.0 out of 5 stars How to Keep a 14 Year Old Happy, 27 Aug. 2011
I bought this for my 14 year old son who plays guitars and intends to do BTEC music performance next year. It has kept him happy all summer holiday; he has been playing/practising a lot, keeps trying out ideas on the piano and asking awkward musical questions. A good buy, even if I have barely seen inside the book!

LUPO SDHC SD USB 2.0 Memory Card Stick Reader Adapter Writer (Supports Windows & Mac)
Offered by LUPO STORE

4.0 out of 5 stars Lupo SD Card Reader, 27 Aug. 2011
I just needed something simple, reliable and not too expensive to read SD cards with. Other Amazon Reviews suggest that many of the cheaper products may not be quite what they are cracked up to be. I have had Lupo products before and been pleased with them. This is no exception. In the limited use so far (on both Mac and Windows) it has worked well; the cards slide in easily and I have been able to read data off OK.