Profile for S. J. Waldock > Reviews

Content by S. J. Waldock

S. J. Waldock "Yorkist" (Ipswich England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
White Stevia Crystals 1kg
White Stevia Crystals 1kg
Offered by Buy Whole Foods Online

5.0 out of 5 stars Saved my sanity, 27 Feb. 2016
This review is from: White Stevia Crystals 1kg (Misc.)
Much cheaper than the branded Truvia, which also includes bulking agents; you need less of this than the branded product from supermarkets, which makes it cheaper yet overall. Yes, it's expensive but probably the cheapest way you can get Stevia outside of growing the plants for yourself. When we gave up sugar this saved my sanity by allowing me sweetner in tea and coffee that doesn't taste of chemicals.

Tinxs® Portable 360° Folding Laptop Computer Notebook Table Stand Desk Bed Sofa Tray Alu & Cooling Fan Fan UK
Offered by tinxs

4.0 out of 5 stars As someone with a chronic illness, this is invaluable ..., 4 Feb. 2016
As someone with a chronic illness, this is invaluable, but it is a trifle flimsy and has broken after 6 months or so of use. If the legs were of metal not plastic, it would be sturdier. However it has seen heavy use, and I'm about to replace it because it keeps my computer from overheating [it's a Dell so this is a real issue] and means I can type on the sofa in a position which puts no strain on my back or neck.

All Things Austen [2 Volumes]: An Encyclopedia of Austen's World
All Things Austen [2 Volumes]: An Encyclopedia of Austen's World
by Kirstin Olsen

5.0 out of 5 stars I've had the pocket version of this for a couple ..., 11 Dec. 2015
I've had the pocket version of this for a couple of years and decided to treat myself to the full two volume version, and it's all I could have hoped for and more. A must-buy product for the serious student of the period.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best buys I've ever made, 25 Sept. 2015
Brilliant piece of kit, easy to configure. I am disabled and spend a lot of time on the sofa, and this allows me to be at a natural laid-back angle without strain on my neck or back and still write on my laptop. There are other folding tables that look similar, but what sold this one to me was the fans. I have a Dell, which runs hot, but not any more! I just know this will get me through NaNoWriMo, and increase my productivity as an author.

The Journals of Gilbert White : 1774 - 1783 . Volume 2: 1774-84 v. 2
The Journals of Gilbert White : 1774 - 1783 . Volume 2: 1774-84 v. 2
by Gilbert White

5.0 out of 5 stars just what I needed, 20 Sept. 2015
A fascinating peep into the world of the naturalist speaking to us over 230 years ago. The daily weather reports are also invaluable data to the historian

Sonnics 250GB 2.5 inch USB External Pocket Sized Hard Drive for PC, Laptops, Macs and Playstation 3 - Blue
Offered by MyMemory

1.0 out of 5 stars false hope of backup, 5 Sept. 2015
Do not buy this. I bought one and it worked just fine for a couple of months and then suddenly, and for no apparent reason stopped working. I cannot access the data on it on any machine.

Kitty (Large Print)
Kitty (Large Print)
by Elizabeth Bailey

5.0 out of 5 stars loved it, 19 Aug. 2015
This review is from: Kitty (Large Print) (Hardcover)
the governess trilogy is some of Elizabeth Bailey's most entertaining work, and this is no exception. Kitty is perhaps the least engaging of the three friends at first, but one soon enters into her feelings.

Cassini Historical Map, London 1805-1822 (LON-OSE): Discover the Landscape of London's Past (Cassini London Historical Map)
by Cassini Publishing Ltd
Edition: Map

5.0 out of 5 stars the works, 19 Aug. 2015
what I need to help me write about London better

The Veiled Bride (Mills & Boon Historical)
The Veiled Bride (Mills & Boon Historical)
by Elizabeth Bailey

5.0 out of 5 stars Thought-provoking read., 19 Aug. 2015
I didn't think this was one of Elizabeth Bailey's very best, however that still puts it head and shoulders above most Regencies. It was a thoughtfully tackled tale of a man embarrassed by his scars who marries a girl acquired by advertisement, and the plot twists were not predictable nor trite. The heroine's own issues threw some problems in the way of a developing relationship, giving some more twists and turns, which were quite believable. Both protagonists are sympathetic. I would recommend.

Coolerguys Dual 80mm USB Fan Set with Grills
Coolerguys Dual 80mm USB Fan Set with Grills
Offered by Coolerguys dot com

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 18 Jun. 2015
great way to stop my Dell laptop cooking off. When I've built a housing for them on a beanbag tray they'll be even better. Ignore the feet though, they really, really don't work.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5