Profile for Suravi > Reviews

The Silence at the Song's End
The Silence at the Song's End
by Nicholas Heiney

4.0 out of 5 stars Moving & engrossing but somehow incomplete, 23 April 2012
This is a diary edited by a talented journalist mother of Nicholas following his suicide. It is a powerful, moving, engrossing product of a beautiful mind. Glimpses of the mind of a teenager in the process of becoming a Oxford undergrad. However it feels edited to preserve a portrait and thus feels incomplete. However given the tremendous tragedy the editor faced, I can understand why this may have actually been a conscious choice.

Swissgear GA-7321-14F00 Mythos 15.6 Inch Laptop Backpack - Black
Swissgear GA-7321-14F00 Mythos 15.6 Inch Laptop Backpack - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 23 April 2012
Tough, sturdy, hard wearing, and actually water proof. It has been in every day use for nearly a year now, and still intact! I have burnt through my share of backpacks...this one is a fab value for money.

India's Summer
India's Summer

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish, 21 April 2012
This review is from: India's Summer (Kindle Edition)
I had downloaded this book for 2 reasons: it was HIGHLY recommended by a thinker & educator I respect, Ken Robinson (the author's husband); and it was free. I found this book painfully unoriginal, awfully formulaic, and much like the "Prada boots", "Hermes scarf" & "cath kidston pyjamas" which serve as adjectives, this book reads like a hashed together 3rd rate B movie that is on it's umpteenth re-run on a dead of the night broadcast. The plot is tired, the characters 1D, plot twists so predictable, and dialogues so immature that they are cringeworthy. I guess love really is blind!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 6, 2012 10:54 PM BST

Work Less, Achieve More
Work Less, Achieve More
by Fergus O'connell

5.0 out of 5 stars Must-Have!, 23 Jan. 2011
I have read a ton of time management and/or organisation skill books and I found most of them rather useless. This one is a rare gem of a book and I CANNOT recommend it enough. Cheesy as it may sound this book did help me work less & achieve more. Full of realistic, practical, useful and insightful hints & tips- must read, and thus must have!

The Annotated Hobbit
The Annotated Hobbit
by J. R. R. Tolkien

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent buy, good international delivery!, 2 Aug. 2010
This review is from: The Annotated Hobbit (Hardcover)
I bought this as a gift for my father who lives abroad. He absolutely loved the book and I was pleasantly surprised at the efficiency of Amazon's International Delivery! The delivery charge was reasonable, and my father received his much-awaited book within a matter of days (and not weeks, as is the industry standard!) My only bit of concern is that the international courier who delivered the book just left it in the postbox area of the destination- did not get a signature or put it in the right postbox. I must point out that rhis was the only blemish on an otherwise flawless experience!