Profile for R. Court > Reviews

R. Court

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Offered by Supper

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice screen, shame about the speed, 1 Jun. 2016
Amazon need to sort out the way they allocate pages to devices and reviews.

This review is of the tablet I bought, not the tablet currently showing on this page.

The tablet I bought was a "The Latest Chuwi Hi8 Pro 8" Intel Quad-core Z8300 CPU Win10 & Android 5.1 Dual System Tablet PC 2G RAM/32GB ROM With Full Hd Retina Display 1920*1200 Dual Cameras Winkey WiFi Bluetooth Google Play "

I did not buy a "egiant(TM) 10.1" Tablet Pc Octa Core CPU Android 5.1 Lollipop 1G Ram/16GB Rom WiFi Bluetooth (Expanded to 48GB) Google Play Netflix Supported(White) (1G/16G, White) "

Which is half the price I paid, and going by the specifications given, overpriced at that.

The Chuwi Hi8 Pro is very slow to start up, fairly slow to charge, slow to change between operating systems. It may well be quite quick doing other things, but I haven't got there yet.

The 1920*1200 screen is very nice.

The battery life seems poor.

<edit 25.06.2016>

I put it in aeroplane mode, the battery seems to be lasting a lot better.

</edit>

Could probably do with more ram and flash, and after that a faster processor.

However, the main thing is the speed of swapping OSes needs to improve, it currently ignores the touch screen until it has loaded an OS, which means the touch selector to pick an OS doesn't work, which is very worrying until you work out it is just silly.

Stingray The Complete Collection [DVD]
Stingray The Complete Collection [DVD]
Dvd ~ Alan Patillo

4.0 out of 5 stars From a long time ago, but mostly good none the less, 4 May 2016
This is a puppet show, and yes, you can sometimes see the strings. That is because the picture is in focus. You sometimes saw the strings in the original broadcasts, if you were watching on a good TV. It's slightly distracting, but not hugely so, and anyway you should know any drama on TV isn't real.

The stories here last about half an hour each, which isn't that long.

The stingray craft is often grimy, which is would have been realistic for something that was at sea for long periods of time.

Apparently Troy Tempest was based on James Garner, and you can tell.

The puppets have multiple heads with different expressions, sometimes when one expression is only in shot for a second or two, that is very effective.

There was one ending of a story where a whole subsea city was destroyed for the actions of three beings, maybe they were average for their race or species, but even so it felt drastic to me.

Duracell Replacement Nokia BL-5C and BL-5CB Battery for Mobile Phone
Duracell Replacement Nokia BL-5C and BL-5CB Battery for Mobile Phone

4.0 out of 5 stars okay, 5 April 2016
So far it seems to be working well.

Mr. Palfrey of Westminster [DVD] [1984]
Mr. Palfrey of Westminster [DVD] [1984]
Dvd ~ Alec McCowen

3.0 out of 5 stars Complete? I don't think so, 5 April 2016
I remember an episode that isn't present here.

It is the only episode I did remember, Israeli intelligence and arabs were plotting against each other.

Ten is a very strange number of episodes for a full series, I wonder how many more are missing.

Kuman 37 in 1 Arduino Compatible Sensor Module starter Kit for Raspberry Pi UNO R3 Mega2560 Nano K5
Offered by kumanroad

3.0 out of 5 stars I don't know about this one, 2 April 2016
There is a box map that tells you what each sensor is by it's position in the box, the way that middling expensive chocolates are sometimes accompanied by a map of the tray. That map is annotated with one or two word descriptions in English, and two or three character descriptions in what I assume to be Chinese.

Comes in a very nice plastic box.

If these work, they will be very good value for money at less than 25 quid, but you probably want to be pretty proficient at connecting the arduino or the pi with electronics before you start that, and I'm so far not, so this is very intimidating with no instructions.

Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog Joystick and Throttle for PC
Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog Joystick and Throttle for PC

4.0 out of 5 stars It is nice, but it's very heavy, 1 April 2016
It is nice, but it's very heavy.

There are many, many, switches and buttons on it.

The action of the joystick is heavy too, it's possible to lift the baseplate off the desk by moving the stick fast, which, given the weight of the baseplate, is surprising. It would be tiring to use for a long time, and the handle is all metal, so it is cold to the touch, if you suffer with cold hands that may not be ideal.

The build quality seems to be superb.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars early days, 9 Mar. 2016
Seems good so far, Wants to be washed before first use, I haven't done that, so I can't say it won't shrink on washing.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (PC DVD)
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (PC DVD)

5.0 out of 5 stars Oblivion is better, but this is still great, 29 Feb. 2016
I thought I reviewed Skyrim before, but apparently I didn't.

Skyrim is very good, but I prefer Oblivion.

there are some negative aspects to Skyrim:

The map is terrible. Pretty, but terrible, the places on it wander about depending on, among other things, their height. I don't think this is height related, but if Whiterun is on the right of my screen, Morthal is due North from Whiterun, if Whiterun is in the centre of my screen, Morthal is North-West from it, that's a difference of 45 degrees in heading, and they aren't close enough together that that makes no difference. If you're travelling by clicking on things it doesn't really matter, but if you actually like maps, this one is an atrocity.

The "dragons" are wyverns.

Climbing is even more random than it was in Oblivion, you still can't get up a slope of more than 45 degrees most of the time, but sometimes you can, and sometimes you fall off steep rocks that you'd have got round (but not climbed up) in Oblivion.

Still and all, a five star game.

Team Group TLRED316G2400HC11CDC01 - TeamGroup Vulcan RED 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 PC3-19200C11 2400MHz Dual

2.0 out of 5 stars Once upon a time, a long time ago, this was good, 24 Feb. 2016
This is old. Not only is it DDR3, but it's 1.65 volt as opposed to 1.5 or 1.33 volts. It was probably fast when it was made, and it's still a step up from DDR3 1600, if it works.

My first thought was to send it back, because I know there are problems getting 1.5 volt RAM to work in motherboards that expect 1.65 volts, but I can't find any documentation for my motherboard that says it won't run 1.65 volt RAM, so presumably since it says it runs DDR3 it will run this.

Don't look to this for a new system, but if you want to spruce up an old system this might be good.

I'm going to have to try this, will report back if anything goes wrong.

<edit on 9.march.2016>

It seems the limiting factor is the processor. My 4590T is limited to 1.5 volts. Probably, every processor capable of working with the motherboard is limited to 1.5 volts. However, since they might see a sales dip of 0.01 % if they said the motherboard couldn't work with all DDR3, the motherboard maker doesn't aknowledge that effectively there is no chance of this motherboard working with 1.65 volt RAM.

I still haven't tried this, there seems to be little point if my processor won't drive it.

I'm now thinking about DDR4 and a whole new system.

I can probably find a use for this in an older system, but why would I want to do that. If I hadn't opened the package, I'd definitely send this back.

Non Slip Matting Black
Non Slip Matting Black
Offered by Starfish Online

4.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't slip, 2 Feb. 2016
First impression: it works.

I bought this because my flight simulator pedals slipped about on the carpet. Now they don't slide at all. The pedals came with what appears to be double sided sticky tape, but that seemed potentially messy, so I didn't try it, this is so far not messy, it may be it will degenerate into messy in the long term, but so far it's ideal. I am planning on getting several more for presents for next Xmas.

This came as a long strip of stuff folded over to fit in a package. After having a look at it, I folded it back up and used it whole. If you needed to you could cut it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20