Profile for Ally > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
edc by Esprit Women's 114CC1B042 Relaxed Jeans, C Grey Denim, W32/L30
edc by Esprit Women's 114CC1B042 Relaxed Jeans, C Grey Denim, W32/L30

5.0 out of 5 stars Good fit., 30 May 2015
Bought these for my wife in her normal 32W-30L size and they are a good fit and very comfortable. The waist turned out to be a little lower than she normally buys, but for the money she is very happy with them.

Steelseries 3Hv2 Headset for PC / Tablet / Smartphone
Steelseries 3Hv2 Headset for PC / Tablet / Smartphone

2.0 out of 5 stars Uncomfortable., 9 May 2015
Sound quality is good, but I find them too uncomfortable - they seem to be a funny shape and don't fit onto my ears very well; they feel hard where they touch my ears, as well as being rather tight - could do with more adjustment. Also, the connector cable is thickish plastic that seems unyielding and gets in the way. I'm used to earphone cables that are thin, soft and pliable. So overall, it's a no from me.

20 Garden Plant Clips. Ideal For Securing Plants To Plant Supports e.g Canes / Bamboo
Offered by Love Bargainz

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good clips., 4 May 2015
These are really good clips, which hold their position well. We generally found the larger clips to be the most useful, as they allow more room for the plant stems. Still a great buy overall.

The Best Ever Liquorice Mix Jar - 1.3kg Gift Jar by Just Sweets
The Best Ever Liquorice Mix Jar - 1.3kg Gift Jar by Just Sweets

2.0 out of 5 stars Unsealed and stale, 14 April 2015
I was concerned on receiving these because the jar was completely unsealed - the lid wasn't even taped. They looked ok, though, so I decided not to send them back. Unfortunately, this turned out to be a mistake, as the candy type sweets were dry and stale and the liquorice torpedoes were like bullets - real tooth breakers. I ended up throwing the lot in the bin.

Oregon Scientific BAR218HG Wireless Indoor/Outdoor Thermo Hygrometer with Bluetooth Connectivity - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Good device., 8 Mar. 2015
This is proving to be a very good device so far. It paired easily with my iPhone 5 and the app makes it very easy to view the readings from all 3 sensors that I have linked. My only negative so far is the low contrast nature of the display, which I cannot read unless I am very close to the unit or use the backlight - I wish the contrast was as good as that shown in the product images, but it's nowhere near as clear. The unit has provision to link 5 sensors in all, but I have not been able to test this as the sensors only seem to have 3 channels (at least the ones I bought), so I don't know how to link sensors 4 and 5. Overall, though, it does everything that my last Oregon unit did and more (thanks to the app), so despite the fact my old one had a clearer display, I'm quite happy with this.

Premier Housewares Le Bain Soap Dish, White Ceramic
Premier Housewares Le Bain Soap Dish, White Ceramic
Offered by MMP Living

3.0 out of 5 stars Quality control issue, 5 Mar. 2015
The edge of the one I received was badly rubbed through the white surface and a rough piece of clay was bonded to its base, which I managed to file off. I have given 1 star for functionality, 1 star for style and 1 for price, which is still good, even though mine is imperfect. One of these in perfect condition would definitely be 5 stars, but the rubbed area (which reveals black underneath) does spoil its appearance.

MILENCO 15" Wheel Clamp M15
MILENCO 15" Wheel Clamp M15
Offered by Towsure Outdoor Superstore

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent device, 5 Feb. 2015
This review is from: MILENCO 15" Wheel Clamp M15
Despite reading the other reviews about how difficult this was to fit/remove, I decided to go ahead anyway. I am so pleased that I did. The first time I fitted it took a few minutes, as I had to familiarise myself with the bits, but I can now easily fit it in under a minute. Removal turned out to be even easier than fitting, taking about 15 seconds! So overall, I would say that this wheel clamp is the easiest to fit and remove that I have ever owned, by a massive margin. Without the key it would be a different story, thankfully!

Edit: I nearly forgot the only negative aspect of this device for me - the parts are so big and cumbersome that it really needs a carrying bag to protect your vehicle when driving between stops. For the money paid (£118.49 in my case), I think that it's something that should be included.

Avtex L236DRS Super Slim LED Combi HD TV/DVD/SAT/Freeview/Rec - Black, 23 Inch
Avtex L236DRS Super Slim LED Combi HD TV/DVD/SAT/Freeview/Rec - Black, 23 Inch

1.0 out of 5 stars Big disappointment., 6 July 2014
Unlike the other reviewers, I am not happy with my L236DRS at all. I have two problems with it: the picture quality is mediocre and there is an issue with the satellite tuner. I have an older Avtex TV, which has outstanding picture quality, so I was sure that I'd simply bought a bad example this time, but on returning it to the factory, no fault was apparently found. I appreciate that there is a subjective element to this, but in my opinion, my L236DRS has the worst picture quality of any TV that I have ever bought.
The issue with the built-in satellite tuner is that it often struggles to receive any channels at all, despite a correctly aligned dish (which provides the full range of channels with my other receiver). I was confident that the factory would be able to fix this, but again no fault was found. Perhaps the built-in tuner simply isn't as sensitive as that in a free-standing receiver?
At £450, my L236DRS was not a cheap 23" TV, but after my positive experience with my previous Avtex TV, I felt that it would be a sound purchase. Unfortunately, it has proven to be quite a let-down.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 28, 2014 4:53 PM GMT

The Core iOS Developer's Cookbook (5th Edition) (Developer's Library)
The Core iOS Developer's Cookbook (5th Edition) (Developer's Library)

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this book, 6 April 2014
For me, this is a fabulous book. When searching for expanded details on a topic, I find that many iOS programming books spread themselves a little thinly, probably because they have to cover such a wide range of material, whereas 'cookbook' style books go deeper, but coverage can be a little narrow. That is not the case here. This book does follow a recipe style format, but provides a great deal more than that, with lots of valuable background and context. For example, the chapter on Text Entry alone is some 39 pages long. A very useful book indeed.

Effective Objective-C 2.0: 52 Specific Ways to Improve Your IOS and OS X Programs (Effective Software Development)
by Matt Galloway

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent guidance, 6 April 2014
There is just so much useful information in this book. The items in the title are split into 7 categories, within which they cover related topics, providing lots of valuable background information. The book aims to teach the use of objective-C to its full potential and I can certainly say that I have found its guidance to be invaluable to me on numerous occasions.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7