Profile for tomandrew > Reviews

tomandrew

Hail To The King
Hail To The King

5.0 out of 5 stars Hail To The King, 6 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Hail To The King (Audio CD)
This album is a step in a different direction for Avenged Sevenfold, especially without the Rev's unique song-writing style. As a fan of 80's/90's metal, I absolutely love this album. It is great music to put on just to rock out, or as background music. I'm not sure if the new songs will bring as great a reaction live as their old music, as the change in direction has polarised a lot of fans. It is admittedly a very stripped back album, but it's simplicity is one of the reasons I enjoy listening to it so much. The influence of Metallica, as well as Iron Maiden, is more evident here than on their previous albums, which seemed to draw more inspiration from bands such as Pantera. As a bass player, I can say that I thoroughly enjoyed playing along to this album, and I am sure that any musician would really enjoy doing this too. Thanks to Amazon, I managed to buy this album for £6 on a one-day offer, so thank you very much for fantastic value- this will be in my CD player for a very long time!