Profile for N. Antoniou > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Yeezus
Yeezus

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 10 July 2013
This review is from: Yeezus (Audio CD)
Such an amazing album! After "My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy" one could wonder how on earth will Kanye top that and, well, he did!

The songs are great, the lyrics are, well, Kanye and the package... well one could think that this package doesn't worth buying. I was torn as well but once I got my hands on it the first words I uttered were "This is genius".

Definitely a must buy.

#willpower
#willpower
Offered by MEGA Media FBA

3.0 out of 5 stars Expected more, 10 July 2013
This review is from: #willpower (Audio CD)
For a year or so will.i.am was prepping his new album. Countless delays and push-backs happened in order for it to be perfect and is it? It is not.

There are some gems, there are some okay songs and there are some very "meh" ones. Of course there's the shiny guest list with Britney Spears, Miley Cyrus, Nicole Scherzinger, Justin Bieber but for the life of me, I can't understand who gets a song with MICK JAGGER and Jennifer Lopez and cuts it off his album?? Especially a song as good and infectuous as "T.H.E. (The Hardest Ever)" which got pretty high on UK's charts. It could've been included as a UK bonus but this is a MAJOR con.

Demi
Demi

4.0 out of 5 stars Demi at her best, 10 July 2013
This review is from: Demi (Audio CD)
At one point in someone's career, its obvious that they've "Taken the walk on the other side" and I think this is it for Demi. She plays with some synths, she stays true to some solid Pop, deliver super powerful vocals but also fun lyrics. Everything on this album makes me excited for what's next since she seems to be back and better than ever.

Highlights include "Really Don't Care", "Warrior" and of course "Heart Attack".

Talk A Good Game
Talk A Good Game

3.0 out of 5 stars It's good but..., 10 July 2013
This review is from: Talk A Good Game (Audio CD)
I'm a fan of Ms. Rowland ever since Ms. Kelly came out. I strongly believe she deserves more success but I also believe she's missing that ''oomph" that will give her the big boost.

The material is good and personal and the vocals are better than ever but I feel like at some points she's becoming Brandy (all the songs sound exactly the same). In my opinion, an album like, say Rihanna's "Unapologetic", with some R&B, some dance-y and basically similar to her own "Here I Am" would help her more only because dance music is the way to boost yourself these days.

With that being said, the album is a very solid effort and "I Remember", among others, is a true gem.

Heal
Heal

4.0 out of 5 stars Great debut, 10 July 2013
This review is from: Heal (Audio CD)
I was one of those who were waiting anxiously for Loreen's debut after "Euphoria". And while I do believe this is an amazing album and a great debut, I can't help but feel that they could have done so much more with her voice and her sound.

The hypnotic but powerful voice and the trance-y melody make an unbelievable combination that not everyone can get because at one point the album might sound like one big song. I believe they could've played a little more with the sound but nevertheless, its a great effort.

The Infernal Devices 1: Clockwork Angel
The Infernal Devices 1: Clockwork Angel
by Cassandra Clare

3.0 out of 5 stars too much fantasy, isn't it?, 16 May 2011
ok, let's start by saying that I LOVE fantasy films. Warlocks, vampires, werewolves etc make my day!

Now this book, is the first book from the series that I read (yes, i know its a prequel). While Cassandra Clare shows her very vivid fantasy in this book, I think she overdone it a little bit. It's like, she took bits from all the sci-fi movies of this kind and blended it all together.

The story is good... enjoyable. Enjoyable yet not believable. The characters she describes are too overdone that keeps them from being believable. Yes, they're vampires etc but fictional characters can be believable. I'm not sure if I'm making my point clear but oh well

It also kept me wondering what this book would look like if it was made in a movie.

Anyway, I suggest this book to sci-fi lovers. The characters are well-described and easy to like (or dislike, depends on the character)

Justin Timberlake - FutureSex/LoveShow Live From Madison Square Garden  [DVD] [2007]
Justin Timberlake - FutureSex/LoveShow Live From Madison Square Garden [DVD] [2007]
Dvd ~ Justin Timberlake

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT even for the casual fans, 5 July 2010
i bought this and was pleasantly surprised. Justin knows how to work on stage, his dance moves are hypnotizing and his interaction with the crowd is admirable.

He sings live and he sounds unexpectedly good. definitely worth the money...

the only drawback is the cute but boring Bonus features...

HOWEVER, this DVD worths buying just for the concert alone!!

Bionic [Deluxe Version]
Bionic [Deluxe Version]
Offered by beaches_music_canada

3.0 out of 5 stars Hmmm, I can say DECENT or a little bit more than that.., 5 July 2010
This review is from: Bionic [Deluxe Version] (Audio CD)
Ok for starters I'm a HUGE Xtina fan but, this is no Stripped!

I bought this the day it came out... I think the problem with this album is the hype Christina created before this... the whole ''Futuristic album'' didn't really work out (apparently) and they decided to turn this into a mainstream album and still... they didn't do much!!

01. Bionic: ok this absolutely great... great in every meaning of the word, its what the whole album could have been.
02. Not Myself Tonight: well, um, its good but not ''lead single from forthcoming album'' material! Could have served as a third or fourth single
03. WooHoo (Featuring Nicki Minaj): fantastic!! i love it (though the intro is a bit pointless and boring) its so catchy it just makes you sing along and dance silly! Could ahve been second single if promoted right...!
04. Elastic Love: hmmm sounds like a M.I.A. song (its produced by M.I.A.) only with Christina's vocals... its not great, its just ok!
05. Desnudate: its good fun song but it gets a little repetitive. I prefer the fan-made version with Pitbull... its always a plus to hear Xtina singing in Spanish.
06. Love And Glamour (Interlude)
07. Glam: It's good, its a ''Vogue'' could-have-been, only a little less fabulous. Not my favorite but I don't mind it
08. Prima Donna: ha! my personal favorite... its the same attitude song as Rihanna's ''Rockstar 101'', it features Lil' Jon-type vocals and its everywhere credited as ''featuring Lil' Jon'' even though it doesn't haha!
09. Morning Dessert (Interlude)
10. Sex For Breakfast: just, REALLY not that good
11. Lift Me Up: aaah, simply fantastic, tear-jerking ballad. Christina at her best! It may sound like ''Hurt'' Part 2 but it really is more than that
12. My Heart (Interlude)
13. All I Need: another nice ballad, not her best but has great lyrics
14. I Am: ooh, Christina's self-descriptive song, cute, nice but just that
15. You Lost Me: There's not really a word to describe how good this is... An amazing song that includes whispery and shout-y vocals but they sound perfet. And the radio mix of this is even more amazing, giving it a little more beat for the radio. Hope it does well on the charts
16. I Hate Boys: pure fun! Not a masterpiece but you can listen to it and have fun. not from the ones I'd skip...
17. My Girls (Featuring Peaches): Hmm, this got me thinking... its not massive but not bad at all... its just ok, and Peaches gives it extra boost
18. Vanity: hahaha simply fan-f***ing-tastic! You can't help but smile or laugh at Christina's second self-descriptive song (but this one is pure fun), its a song that can do great if promoted right but not if they censor it (Christina swears like she hasn't swore before haha) one of the best!

BONUS DELUXE DISC
19. Monday Morning: different... should have been on the normal edition
20. Bobblehead: fun song, really catchy... you wanna sing-along
21. Birds of Prey: and we come to the greatest song Christina ever recorded... without exaggerating this song is a pure masterpiece... dark, with moody lyrics and great vocals. It should definitely be included in the normal edition
22. Stronger Than Ever: like ''Fighter'' Part 2, same passion, same attitude, same nerve. Its definitely Bionic's ''Fighter'' but its great on its own... and again should have been on the normal edition
23. I Am (Stripped): Better than the original

this album is just GOOD, its fun to listen to, its nowhere what could have been... still decent effort...

For Your Entertainment
For Your Entertainment
Offered by skyvo-direct

5.0 out of 5 stars SURPRISING and UNEXPECTEDLY good album!!, 5 July 2010
This review is from: For Your Entertainment (Audio CD)
ok i bought this album (between a huge order from amazon) 'cause i've seen performances of Adam on American Idol and 'cause I like his attitude... so I used to take a CD with me every time i get on my car, and today I took Adam's CD...

Music Again started and its, well, decent but then For Your Entertainment kicked off and HOLY COW this piece of shizzle is amazing!!! I had the latter on repeat, I heard it for about 7 times in a row and now I'm obsessed with it! Then Whataya Want Front Me started and well, I heard this song once or twice but now I heard it again and I loved it instantly!!

The rest is history, I became a HUGE fan of Adam and his work and I can't wait for more songs from him!

I recommend it ALL THE WAY!!! DEFINITELY worth every cent!!!

and of course I recommend you the song For Your Entertainment, that sexy, fun, dirty, party masterpiece!!!

Jason Mraz's Beautiful Mess: Live On Earth
Jason Mraz's Beautiful Mess: Live On Earth

5.0 out of 5 stars Mraz At His Best!!, 16 Jun 2010
I've never been a HUGE Jason Mraz fan but this DVD definitely made me one!

The concert is so warm, cute, and enjoyable!! Jason live is ACE, and there's Colbie Caillat showing up for ''Lucky'' which is even more amazing live just for Jason's way of singing it.

There are also some extras, on where you see a Behind The Scenes of the concert, where Jason and his friend talk about the tour, interact with the fans waiting in line and try to put together the whole thing, during which you see Jason at his best, making jokes and just being cool. Also, there's Jason and the director of his latest videos, talking about them and this is definitely worth watching to see what happened and how they ended up shooting ''Lucky'' video without Colbie and Jason meeting each other.

DEFINITELY WORTH THE MONEY!!!

Page: 1 | 2