Profile for Tina > Reviews

The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo [DVD] [2011]
The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo [DVD] [2011]
Dvd ~ Daniel Craig

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as the original...., 19 Mar. 2013
This hollywood remake is still worth a watch and if I hadsn't see the better originals first, then I may have liked it more.

Zombieland [DVD] [2010]
Zombieland [DVD] [2010]
Dvd ~ Woody Harrelson
Offered by Bridge_Records

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!, 19 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Zombieland [DVD] [2010] (DVD)
I have recommended this film to alot of people and just loved it. What else can you say.....just give it a go.

Marvel's Avengers Assemble [DVD]
Marvel's Avengers Assemble [DVD]
Dvd ~ Robert Downey Jr.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great bit of comic book escapism, 19 Mar. 2013
If liked the Iron Man films, Thor and Captain America, then you will probably already have seen this already, though even if you haven't seen the individual characters films, you can still enjoy The Avengers as a stand alone piece of well executed hollywood comic book escapism.

Taken (Extended Harder Cut) [DVD] [2008]
Taken (Extended Harder Cut) [DVD] [2008]
Dvd ~ Liam Neeson
Offered by DVD Overstocks

4.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly good....., 19 Mar. 2013
I am not a great Liam Neeson fan, so avoided watching Taken for a while, till eventually I gave in to all of the rave reviews and peer pressure and I am glad I gave it a go as he pulls it off. I just didn't see Liam Neeson as a action lead before, but in this, it works. The follow up isn't nearly as good, but Taken the original is certainly worth a try.

Babel (Digipack With Bonus Tracks)
Babel (Digipack With Bonus Tracks)

4.0 out of 5 stars A great second album, 19 Mar. 2013
I have not complaints with Babel, though I did prefer Mumford & Sons first album slightly more as I felt this one took a little longer to grow on me. But make no mistakes, if you liked their first album, Babel is a great follow up.

The Raid [DVD]
The Raid [DVD]
Dvd ~ Iko Uwais

5.0 out of 5 stars What can you say....great action film, 19 Mar. 2013
This review is from: The Raid [DVD] (DVD)
The hype is justified and this is just a great action film. The lead (Iko) is very good and someone I will look out for in the future. There is a plot to it, but not much, as it is really about the fight sequences. Just sit back and enjoy.

The Girl From The Naked Eye [DVD]
The Girl From The Naked Eye [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jason Yee
Offered by best_value_entertainment

2.0 out of 5 stars Hmmm, not as good as it could have been...., 19 Mar. 2013
This film could have been so much better. The action sequences are good and the plot predictable, which you wouldn't mind if the acting ballanced it out. Also, the style it is shot in is trying to be arty and feel like Sin City, but it just isn't pulling it off.

Grabbers [DVD] [2012]
Grabbers [DVD] [2012]
Dvd ~ Richard Coyle
Offered by MediaMerchants

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth a watch....., 19 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Grabbers [DVD] [2012] (DVD)
I am a fan of films like The Guard, as well as classic 80's / 90's monster films like Gremlins and Tremors and if you are like me, then this film marries those styles perfectly. As all other reviews say, the CGI is very good. This is one that I would recommend. Enjoy.

Merantau Warrior [DVD] [2009]
Merantau Warrior [DVD] [2009]
Dvd ~ Iko Uwais

5.0 out of 5 stars If you liked The Raid, you'll love this...., 19 Mar. 2013
I chose this film as I liked The Raid and searched for the lead actor (Iko Uwais) and found this film, which I believe was his first film. It is well writen, acted and produced and I would recommend it to any martial art / action fans. It is a surprisingly good film that is due as much recommendation as The Raid. The action sequences are amazing and well shot. The extras on the DVD are also pretty good too.