Profile for Monkey Boy > Reviews

Content by Monkey Boy

Monkey Boy (Bristol, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
NCW Cornwall 100 % Waterproof Key Bag / Pouch For Electronic Car Key - Take Your Key For A Surf Now
Offered by North Coast Wetsuits (Cornwall)

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but flawed, 13 Aug 2014
I like it because it doesn't have the chunky plastic closer of many key pouches (which are usually also quite fragile), but after just 4 uses one of the snap together seals separated from the pouch and water started to get it. Great idea, just needs a bit more quality control to make it more robust and it'd get 4 or even 5 stars.

Gul 50 Litre Waterproof Dry Bag with back pack straps
Gul 50 Litre Waterproof Dry Bag with back pack straps
Offered by Big Orange Watersports Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Value, 13 Aug 2014
This review is from: Gul Waterproof Dry Bag (Misc.)
We use this to carry our wetsuits to and from the beach. Holds my finacee's summer weight wetsuit (she's quite small) and my 5-4 suit (I'm not small) plus gloves and boots and and wet rash vests and the like with plenty of room to spare. Totally watertight and easy to carry too.

i-Blason Google Nexus 5 Smart Phone by LG Leather Slim Book Case Cover (Black)
i-Blason Google Nexus 5 Smart Phone by LG Leather Slim Book Case Cover (Black)
Offered by I-Blason EU

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Value Case, 13 Aug 2014
Whilst it's true that this isn't the slimmest case on the market, I'm OK with that as I prefer the protection it affords. Feels pretty nice and looks pretty well made for the cash (time will tell). Has slots to store cards and I really like the fact that unlike many cases, the part which holds the phone isn't hard, brittle plastic but a flexible rubberised material that won't break and offers more shock protection. The only thing I would say is that it takes a while for the case to crease enough to be able to use it as a stand in landscape and It could do with a bit more glue to hold the inner to the outer case, but neither is a big or insurmountable problem.

Black Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2012 Model) Case Cover (Second Updated Version of Case) - Retail Packed Executive Multi Function Standby Case with Built-in Magnet for Sleep / Wake feature for the Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2012 Model) - (8GB,16GB,32GB Wi-Fi or 32GB 3G HSPA+) + Screen Protector + Stylus Pen (Available in Mutiple Colors)
Offered by MOFRED PRODUCTS

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor fit, 26 Jun 2014
I very much doubt this case was designed for the 1st gen Nexus 7 at all. There is a hole on the back for a camera where none exists on the tablet and the wrong shape hole on the front for the one that does exist. It is also patently too big: The description claims no slop but there sure as hell is. This is being returned. Avoid.

High5 Zero Sports Drink Tab (Pack of 8) - Citrus
High5 Zero Sports Drink Tab (Pack of 8) - Citrus
Offered by Boost & Boom

5.0 out of 5 stars Nicest electrolyte drink I know, 28 April 2014
Most electrolyte drinks are a bit unpleasant really. We know they're useful but it's not nice if you have to grimace when drinking them. I can't speak for the other flavours but this citrus one is actually really nice (I might be a bit odd, I don't know, but I genuinely enjoy these). buying in bulk makes them a bit more cost effective too. I'm a fan of High5 stuff (the energy gels are really good too) and these haven't disappointed me.

Camelbak Groove Tritan Bottle - Graphite, 600ml
Camelbak Groove Tritan Bottle - Graphite, 600ml
Offered by Dennis Winter leven ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars No more rancid tap water!, 28 April 2014
Much as I like the occasional bottle of Evian it's a bit on the pricey side to drink all the time so I try and stick to tap water. However, although the place I currently work has a plumbed in water filter there is a strange edict which disallows the filling of water bottles from it and as i am loathe to have a pint glass on my desk (too many clumsy moments in the past where I've ruined keyboards with water spills) I needed a bottle. Unfortunately the tap water is rank - I have no idea why but it has a curious and unpleasant taste.

I've had a Bobble Bottle in the past and it works OK but was too flawed for my liking (the filters leach bits of carbon no matter how much you rinse them, the bottles get permanent creases the first time you use them and they make a hell of a noise when they try and draw air in after drinking amongst other things) and they were overpriced for what you got. I've always liked Camelbak gear and have a number of their various drinking vessels so I figured that this would likely be worth the cash. I did also consider the Brita filter bottle but they are similarly price yet the filters (which are not cheap) only last about a week which seemed like a bit of a scam to me.

The biggest bonus here is the 180 litre life of the filter which actually makes them very economical despite the fact that the filters look expensive to start with. Buy in bulk and save and then think about how many other brand filters you'd have to use compared to these.

In addition, the bottle is well made and the horrible water taste has totally gone. Couldn't ask for more really.

SanDisk SDSDQU-016G-FFP MicroSDHC Ultra 16 GB Class 10 UHS-I 30 MB/s with SD Adapter Mobile (Label May Change)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 26 Jan 2014
I've always preferred Sandisk to other brands for memory because it always seems to be faster and better somehow and this is no exception. The 'frustration free' packaging was good, no plastic at all just recyclable cardboard.

kenable HDMI 1.4 Swivel Rotatable Ends High Speed Cable With Ethernet 3D TV 3m
kenable HDMI 1.4 Swivel Rotatable Ends High Speed Cable With Ethernet 3D TV 3m
Offered by kenable_ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Not much to say, 26 Jan 2014
Other than that it does what you would expect. The heads swivel nicely and make it much easier to plug a laptop into the telly since the side mounted HDMI ports on TV's aren't conducive to having a long cable plugged in to go to a distant source and the angle of laptop HDMI ports are also awkward. All in all, good value and works very well indeed.

Jago ENTS-01 Juicer Machine 850 Watts
Jago ENTS-01 Juicer Machine 850 Watts
Offered by JAGO24 UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't be put off by the price!, 26 Jan 2014
And by that I mean "Don't be put off thinking that it's cheap so it'll be rubbish" because it isn't. This is the first juicer I've had and I fired it up today. It mullered carrots, apples, strawberries and grapes in no time and gave me a load of beautiful, fresh juice. The pulp was pretty dry too - I'm sure if you pay a ton of cash you'll get a bit more juice out of the pulp but frankly I've no complaints.

Cleaning was pretty easy and the supplied brush does the job nicely (I've discovered that a circular motion on the mesh strainer is best) and I expected it to be a lot louder than it is. To anyone who moans that it only has a European plug - it says so in the product description and they also say they will happily send you an adapter if required, or you can strap on a pair and fit a UK plug yourself which takes all of 5 minutes. If you've got to the stage in life where you can afford a juicer but you can't wire a plug then you ought to be a little ashamed that you can't do it. If you really must, there is an identical juicer to this on Amazon (albeit with a slightly higher quoted power rating) which seems to be from a UK supplier for a comparable cost and no doubt they'll have UK plugs on.

One tip though: I tried raspberries and they do not work at all because they pulp instantly and end up in the pulp bin straight away so that was a punnet wasted. I also found that if you feed them in while the juicer is running it spits bits of them back out through the feed chute because they disintegrate instantly. I think it works better on firmer stuff like strawberries and grapes. Not tried blueberries yet but since they have a tougher skin I suspect they'll work better. However I'd imagine that this is a common thing with juicers of this design.

Mini 300 Lumen CREE Q5 Zoomable and Focus Adjustable LED Flashlight Torch With Waterproof Design
Offered by Buyin-now-UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Holy Crap That's Bright!, 15 Jan 2014
Inevitably, I switched it on and looked straight into it. DON'T DO THIS!! It bloody hurts. Even a standard alkaline AA battery is good, but get hold of a 14500 3.7v rechargeable battery and you basically have a light sabre. Kick ass!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6