Profile for Mrs. S. D. Bassett > Reviews

Content by Mrs. S. D. Bassett

Mrs. S. D. Bassett "Bertie's wife" (Bedfordshire, UK)

Global Garden
Global Garden
by Jennie Maizels

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning, 9 April 2013
This review is from: Global Garden (Hardcover)
Great service from the seller, arrived as described. Great value too, amazing flaps and pulls and wheels. Simple enough for younger children to be able to access environmental issues.

Arnova 7b G2 7 inch Dual Touch Android Tablet
Arnova 7b G2 7 inch Dual Touch Android Tablet

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed :-(, 3 May 2012
I received the android tablet as a birthday present and despite the fact that my husband did lots research and read lots of reviews, it just didn't work for us. We managed to connect wirelessly very briefly and then had absolutely no success; we even tried at a friend's house who have a different internet provider, but to no avail. Despite that, Amazon we're really helpful and prompt with their returns policy and the thing I did like about the tablet was it's size and clear screen display, it just wasn't for us.

Everybody Loves Raymond: Complete HBO Season 6 [DVD] [2006]
Everybody Loves Raymond: Complete HBO Season 6 [DVD] [2006]
Dvd ~ Ray Romano

5.0 out of 5 stars so funny, 6 Nov. 2011
My husband loves these, they're just so funny, Raymond is the most hopeless, thoughtless husband ever. Really watchable, a good half hour filler.

Birds (Usborne Spotter's Cards)
Birds (Usborne Spotter's Cards)
by Jason Cooper
Edition: Cards

5.0 out of 5 stars birthday present, 25 Jun. 2011
I've bought these cards as a birthday present for a 5 year old, but they're such good quality I'm going to buy them as an outdoor learning resource for my school.

VeggieTales: Heroes Of The Bible Vol.2 DVD
VeggieTales: Heroes Of The Bible Vol.2 DVD
Offered by re-vived

5.0 out of 5 stars RE resource, 25 Jun. 2011
I bought this DVD as another way into the Bible for my Y1 class. I thought the stories were a bit naff, but the children absolutely love them and ask for more.

Funny In The Head - The Best Of The Barron Knights
Funny In The Head - The Best Of The Barron Knights

5.0 out of 5 stars so so funny, 25 Jun. 2011
My brother had this on tape in the 1970s, it was funny then and it's still funny now, I laughed so much at some tracks I was almost in tears. I'd highly recommend it.

A Year in the Life of The Cotswolds
A Year in the Life of The Cotswolds
by Beata Moore

5.0 out of 5 stars lovely destination, 10 Feb. 2011
I bought this for my Mum to go with a surprise holiday to the Cotswolds. It's got some fab photos and will hopefully provide inspiration for her painting.

Children's Ministry Guide to Dealing with Disruptive Children
Children's Ministry Guide to Dealing with Disruptive Children
by Sue Price

2.0 out of 5 stars misleading, 5 Jan. 2011
The book didn't really come to any conclusions or give any helpful tips, it made sweeping statements based on an extreme Christian lifestyle, which for those of us working with children in real life situations wasn't at all useful. However, it did stimulate some heated debate.

Sultans of Squeeze
Sultans of Squeeze

5.0 out of 5 stars pure genius, 9 Jun. 2009
This review is from: Sultans of Squeeze (Audio CD)
We saw John Kirkpatrick and Chris Parkinson perform some of these tracks live at a local folk club, they were fabulous. Obviously the anecdotes bring the songs to life, but they were just amazing, very talented.