Profile for Samuel Barber > Reviews

Content by Samuel Barber

Samuel Barber

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
All's Well That Ends Well (Authentic Classics)
All's Well That Ends Well (Authentic Classics)
by R. T. Kendall

5.0 out of 5 stars When someone you love is removed from your life., 31 Mar. 2015
The best book on the life of Jacob. I studied the Pentateuch at university and the Old Testament at bible college and nothing comes close to what R.T. Kendall is teaching in this book. He's currently teaching at the Kensington Temple Bible School.

The Dark Knight Rises (DVD) [2012]
The Dark Knight Rises (DVD) [2012]
Dvd ~ Christian Bale
Offered by DVD Overstocks

2.0 out of 5 stars Restricted Listings dvd, 28 Mar. 2015
Although Anne Hathaway looks quite sexy in her black leather outfit, there was nothing in this film that made me enjoy. The voiceover of Bale was laughable like a comedy Darth Vader. He strolls around like some Eastern European general from the 90s, but apart from that there is nothing to commend this film. I can't even resell it on Amazon as it has restricted listings.

God Meant it for Good (Authentic Classics)
God Meant it for Good (Authentic Classics)

5.0 out of 5 stars The best book on the life of Joseph, 28 Mar. 2015
I wish R.T. Kendall was preaching this sermon series when I attended Westminster Chapel in 1995. I've studied the Old Testament at bible college and the Pentateuch at university and nobody has unpacked the life of Joseph the way R.T Kendall has.

I'm glad he's preaching at Kensington Temple now and his sermons are being videoed and uploaded onto the website. These are the kinds of sermons I wish I heard when I became a Christian in 1987.

Shooting Dogs [DVD] [2006]
Shooting Dogs [DVD] [2006]
Dvd ~ John Hurt
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars Clare Hope Ashitey has kissable lips, 27 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Shooting Dogs [DVD] [2006] (DVD)
Excellent film. Good performance from John Hurt as a priest as well as David Gyasi who goes over to the dark side to save his friend, Hugh Darcy. But the most endearing character is Marie played by Clare Hope Ashitey. She reminds me of an African girl I saw in a church in Mozambique, as well as someone I studied with at bible college. She has such a sweet smile, and I probably would have stayed behind with her like John Hurt so that she wouldn't have to die alone.

The best line in the film is when John Hurt says to Hugh Darcy: 'Where is God in this suffering? He is in the midst suffering with us. This is where I belong. If I escape then it's like I'm losing my soul.' In other words, rather than prevent suffering, God suffers with us to give us hope through our suffering. It is this shared suffering that gives Marie (Clare-Hope Ashitey) hope.

Practical Healing: Study Guide for Power Healing
Practical Healing: Study Guide for Power Healing
by John Wimber

5.0 out of 5 stars Divine Healing, Emotional Healing, Spiritual Healing, Physical Healing and Medical Healing, 24 Mar. 2015
Excellent book. It's encouraged me to purchase 'Power Healing' even though it's gonna cost me a bit.

Daddy's Little Girls [DVD] [2007] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Daddy's Little Girls [DVD] [2007] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Dvd ~ Gabrielle Union
Offered by supermart_usa

4.0 out of 5 stars Idris Elba and Tyler Perry, 22 Mar. 2015
I've seen this already, but it's good to see Idris Elba collaborating with Tyler Perry. The three girls are really talented.

Believing God: Studies on Faith in Hebrews 11 (Biblical Classics Library)
Believing God: Studies on Faith in Hebrews 11 (Biblical Classics Library)

5.0 out of 5 stars Faith in God's word alone., 22 Mar. 2015
Top quality commentary on Hebrews 11.

How do you cope in the absence of a sense of God's presence? How do you cope with God hiding his face from you?

Faith is believing in God alone even if your friends stop coming to church.

Thor [DVD]
Thor [DVD]
Dvd ~ Chris Hemsworth
Offered by Sent2u

4.0 out of 5 stars Idris Elba plays a gatekeeper, 22 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Thor [DVD] (DVD)
Good performance by Anthony Hopkins and Rene Russo. Natalie Portman is gorgeous to look at and is nice spending time with her fall in love with Thor. Chris Hemsworth plays a tough, gentlemanly Nordic hero, but apart from his brother he doesn't have any serious challenges on earth. His character arc from arrogance to appeal works well.

Pacific Rim [DVD + UV Copy] [2013]
Pacific Rim [DVD + UV Copy] [2013]
Dvd ~ Idris Elba

4.0 out of 5 stars Toughness under a calm exterior, 19 Mar. 2015
Good solid performance from Idris Elba and Charlie Hunnam. Rinko Kikuchi has a cute face, and Guillermo del Toro has pulled out a good performance from the young girl playing the child version of Rinko.

There is a fighting scene that references 'The Way of the Dragon' with Bruce Lee mastering the use of a stick. Some of the music sounds like it's referencing the music of 'Enter the Dragon'.

Gift of Giving
Gift of Giving
by Floyd McClung

2.0 out of 5 stars Tithing by R.T. Kendall, 18 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Gift of Giving (Paperback)
This is actually R.T. Kendall's book on 'Tithing' which was been reissued with a new title.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20