Profile for CooperCat > Reviews

CooperCat

Sennheiser MM 450 Wireless Bluetooth Stereo Headset
Sennheiser MM 450 Wireless Bluetooth Stereo Headset

4.0 out of 5 stars Good headphones but noise cancelling is only ok, 24 Nov 2011
The noise cancelling is a bit of a disappointment with these headphones because it hisses a little and does not really cut out much noise. If you really want noise-cancelling, go for Bose headphones because they are much better. In my opinion, the sound quality of these is better than the Bose though because it is clearer and you can hear more of the different elements in the music whereas the Bose is a bassier but more muddled sound. The headphones are a tight fit around your ears (I assume for the noise-cancelling to work) but are not uncomfortable. The real selling point to me is the bluetooth because I get all the sound quality without being tethered to my phone so if I need to leave my desk to get something, I don't need to take my phone with me. Being able to answer a call using the headphones, or just pause/skip a track without faffing around, is another real bonus. I thought the talk through function would be a bit of a gimmick but it is actually quite useful when you need to respond to a quick question because it pauses the music and allows you to respond quickly. The headphones are easy to set up and the bluetooth works really well - even if I leave my phone downstairs and I am upstairs. The carry case would have been better if it was a hard shell but it is padded to provide some protection. The headphones seem well made and sturdy and are easy to fold up and store in the case. Battery seems to last for a long time, although I haven't actually timed it. The headphones are also not so big that they look daft (I hope this is true and not just my impression!) so you can wear them at work without feeling self-conscious. All in all, I'm pleased with everything on these headphones apart from the noise cancelling.

Irregular Choice Ankle Boot SPAT ATTACK black EU 40
Irregular Choice Ankle Boot SPAT ATTACK black EU 40

5.0 out of 5 stars Great shoes which can be worn all day!, 20 Nov 2011
I was worried before I bought this item because they don't seem to be stocked in any shoe shops so I wasn't able to try out the heel height. I needn't have worried at all though - they are amazing and I wore them standing up at work all day with no problems (the heels are 9cm high). It is now even better that they are not stocked anywhere because no one else will have them :). As usual with Irregular Choice, the shoebox is pretty and a spare pair of heel tips is included. The boots received a lot of positive attention, especially as they are different but perhaps not as circus-like as some of the shoes out at the moment! All in all I am very pleased with this purchase.

Heroes at Risk
Heroes at Risk
by Moira J. Moore
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 29 Dec 2009
This books sees Lee and Shintaro return to their duties in High Scape to find that people are acting strangely over a new belief in charms bringing luck. Unfortunately, that's just about the whole story as very little else happens as Lee runs around trying to figure out why people are acting so oddly.
I was bored with Lee's constant blindness and complete refusal to believe what is right in front of her (which just got annoying) and the general lack of a meaningful story meant I was reading simply to finish the book rather than with enjoyment.
It's a shame because the other books were interesting and different.